+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Axl Rose to sing for ACDC

Axl Rose to sing for ACDC

Oh Dear

Re: Axl Rose to sing for ACDC

The end of what was left of AC/DC.
    Ridiculous and sorry end to one of the few rock acts that could have once claimed some long-term integrity.
    Would have been much better to have just packed it in when founding member Malcolm had to leave on health grounds.

This is a travesty that Kent singing in AC/DC. What's wrong with Brian Johnson?

Big fan of Guns n Roses back in the day but even then I hated Axl Rose's voice.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    He has been told that he will go completely deaf if he keeps on playing live. There are far better vocalists out there who could fill in for him, rather than Axl.

Joel O'Keeffe of Airbourne, or Cormac Neeson or The Answer would have been ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    He has been told that he will go completely deaf if he keeps on playing live. There are far better vocalists out there who could fill in for him, rather than Axl.

Joel O'Keeffe of Airbourne, or Cormac Neeson or The Answer would have been ideal.
    Good shout on Airbourne.

Saw them a few years ago. Like ac/dc on steroids. At one point he got carried around the crowd - never seen anyone sweating so much in my life.

As for that dick Rose, a sad sad end to one of the best live acts I've seen in over 25 years of gigs. Their Donington headline show back in the day completely blew me away.

As gutted as the fans would be, they should have just cancelled the tour and gave refunds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Good shout on Airbourne.

Saw them a few years ago. Like ac/dc on steroids. At one point he got carried around the crowd - never seen anyone sweating so much in my life.

As for that dick Rose, a sad sad end to one of the best live acts I've seen in over 25 years of gigs. Their Donington headline show back in the day completely blew me away.

As gutted as the fans would be, they should have just cancelled the tour and gave refunds.
    If you want to catch Airbourne live again locally to South Wales, they are playing Cardiff University on July 27th.

Link Here for dates:

http://airbournerock.com/tour/

A band that should have packed it in years ago while they were at the top, Angus as a 60 year old in schoolboy outfit is completely embarrassing, first saw them with Bonn Scott at Wembley in 79 and twice at Donnington in the early 80's and they were a great rock band but they failed to move with the times and just repeated the same old riffs. Should call it a day before they will just be remembered as a joke outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirdsover.... View Post
    A band that should have packed it in years ago while they were at the top, Angus as a 60 year old in schoolboy outfit is completely embarrassing, first saw them with Bonn Scott at Wembley in 79 and twice at Donnington in the early 80's and they were a great rock band but they failed to move with the times and just repeated the same old riffs. Should call it a day before they will just be remembered as a joke outfit.
    Totally agree, next move will be the ACDC reality show .

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirdsover.... View Post
    I was at Donnington in '84, thought it was cringe worthy embarrassing then that a grown bloke was dressing in a schoolboy outfit then. Lots of Angus grown men clones there that weekend too. Band should have called it a day years ago!

Like Sabbath , acdc should have quit years ago , after Bonn Scott snuffed it in fact

As for guns and roses a dreadful early aerosmith tribute act but slash is a great guitarist

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    He's not bon Scott

https://youtu.be/I6TzeuxwO7A

What a superb song , control then mayhem , last great album they ever did

Beating around the bush ? Lol

Back in black etc had some good riffs but Johnson's voice is terrible

Acdc with bon Scott were superb

Riff raff, what a song

https://youtu.be/ErXbMB9R5-0

Acdc had a superb back line to enable Angus to let rip , what a great band at their peak