+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Labour leading by example I see

Labour leading by example I see

Anyone seen this yet? Great example of democracy - labour style..

Re: Labour leading by example I see

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    Anyone seen this yet? Great example of democracy - labour style..
    Yeah I noticed that story in 2011 when it happened

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Yeah I noticed that story in 2011 when it happened
    must have deleted the rest of my message ha. I have heard that it's been going on recently too, especially in Cardiff west. Makes it more believable when it's happened before.

must have deleted the rest of my message ha. I have heard that it's been going on recently too, especially in Cardiff west. Makes it more believable when it's happened before.

I wouldn't believe everything Neil McEvoy tells you.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Why is that? I don't know the guy, have you had a bad experience with him?

For clarity, it seems I beat the newspapers http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...aking-11237999

Blog Entries

Why is that? I don't know the guy, have you had a bad experience with him?

For clarity, it seems I beat the newspapers http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...aking-11237999
    Not really, he's actually a nice enough guy, but boring, don't ever get caught in a pub with him as he'll just bend your ear about politics constantly.

But they do say any publicity is good publicity.....

What's the point? Labour and Plaid pretty much agree with each other anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC_Urawa_Reds View Post
    What's the point? Labour and Plaid pretty much agree with each other anyway.
    obviously disagree enough for labour to take down plaid placards.

In this part of the world (Ponty), neither do anything for the town. I'm voting Liberal for the first time this year as Mike Powell is from the town and seems to be making the right noises about regenerating 'RCT's capital'.
    Like I said in a previous post, people in Ponty (Labour) and Cardiff North (Tories) seem to vote for these parties because they always have - regardless of their policies and what they have done for the area.

In this part of the world (Ponty), neither do anything for the town. I'm voting Liberal for the first time this year as Mike Powell is from the town and seems to be making the right noises about regenerating 'RCT's capital'.
    Like I said in a previous post, people in Ponty (Labour) and Cardiff North (Tories) seem to vote for these parties because they always have - regardless of their policies and what they have done for the area.
    its funny, 'cos cardiff north's AM is a labour politician

But i get your point. stranger things have happened though.. Plaid won rhondda and Islwyn in 1999. who would have thought it. The biggest thing holding wales back is that we're prepared to get shafted by labour rather than give someone else a go,

I love how this line gets trotted out over and over as if people have a deep rooted understanding of why people vote for who.

But i get your point. stranger things have happened though.. Plaid won rhondda and Islwyn in 1999. who would have thought it. The biggest thing holding wales back is that we're prepared to get shafted by labour rather than give someone else a go,
    At local level, PC will in future be getting my vote, this is a bit problematic for me as PC are another Pro EU party but, I kind of understand the reasons why!!!! however, whilst PC now offer the something (an English speaking leader trying to reach out to all and not just the elitist Welsh Speakers) different to the age old 2 party rubbish, they are
    IMO, the best for Wales in a period of politics that I would consider the poorest era since my eligibility to vote (1978) how much lower can politics go ?, country wide (GB) apathy with politics is there for all to see. I quite like the way Leanne Wood is moving forward as a politician, a bit overawed during the election leaders debates (understandable) but does seem to be maturing, i'd like to see her supported by the Elite Welsh when she hits the inevitable infighting over (whatever subject it maybe).
    A very very long way to go for PC but, there has to come a time at which, Welsh Voters will stop voting for a turd just because it has a red ribbon wrapped around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    At local level, PC will in future be getting my vote, this is a bit problematic for me as PC are another Pro EU party but, I kind of understand the reasons why!!!! however, whilst PC now offer the something (an English speaking leader trying to reach out to all and not just the elitist Welsh Speakers) different to the age old 2 party rubbish, they are
    IMO, the best for Wales in a period of politics that I would consider the poorest era since my eligibility to vote (1978) how much lower can politics go ?, country wide (GB) apathy with politics is there for all to see. I quite like the way Leanne Wood is moving forward as a politician, a bit overawed during the election leaders debates (understandable) but does seem to be maturing, i'd like to see her supported by the Elite Welsh when she hits the inevitable infighting over (whatever subject it maybe).
    A very very long way to go for PC but, there has to come a time at which, Welsh Voters will stop voting for a turd just because it has a red ribbon wrapped around it.
    A Labour/PC coalition seems the likely outcome.

Could be beneficial for Ms. Wood to be in a senior position in the WAG to see how she manages being in a decision making role.

If PC get enough AM's then perhaps a deputy first minister post could be created?

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    A Labour/PC coalition seems the likely outcome.

Could be beneficial for Ms. Wood to be in a senior position in the WAG to see how she manages being in a decision making role.

If PC get enough AM's then perhaps a deputy first minister post could be created?
    I think the worst thing that plaid could do is back labour up again. I reckon it'll be a labour minority.

I think the worst thing that plaid could do is back labour up again. I reckon it'll be a labour minority.
    You know the power will be too much of a lure for that to happen.

You know the power will be too much of a lure for that to happen.
    Didnt work out too well last time. I'd play the long game, and let labour mess it up for another 5 years. Could be a good chance they then return enough AMs to run the place by then.

Didnt work out too well last time. I'd play the long game, and let labour mess it up for another 5 years. Could be a good chance they then return enough AMs to run the place by then.
    That would hardly be a case of "putting Wales first."

Are you saying that you'd prefer to put the possible future success of your party above the interests of the whole country?

That would hardly be a case of "putting Wales first."

Are you saying that you'd prefer to put the possible future success of your party above the interests of the whole country?
    Depends on what you think 'putting Wales first' means. One person's good is another person's bad. There is no point backing a party's changes if you dont think they're right for Wales.

Personally I'd prefer them all work together to make the place a better place, than worrying if they might get power in 5 years time.
    Last edited by TruBlue; 29-04-16 at 14:00. Reason: CB beat me too it.

Depends on what you think 'putting Wales first' means. One person's good is another person's bad. There is no point backing a party's changes if you dont think they're right for Wales.
    Having read all the manifesto's (yes, I'm that sad!!) I see no reason why Plaid and Labour couldn't work very well together in coalition.

Nothing wrong with compromise although I understand the risk that the "junior" partner often get a kicking at the next election, hence the probable reticence from Plaid to work with Labour.

Leanne Wood is apparently quite popular throughout Wales, more so than any other leader, and although I'm no great fan of hers I'd like to see her take on some responsibility in the running of our country.

Having read all the manifesto's (yes, I'm that sad!!) I see no reason why Plaid and Labour couldn't work very well together in coalition.

Nothing wrong with compromise although I understand the risk that the "junior" partner often get a kicking at the next election, hence the probable reticence from Plaid to work with Labour.

Leanne Wood is apparently quite popular throughout Wales, more so than any other leader, and although I'm no great fan of hers I'd like to see her take on some responsibility in the running of our country.
    I agree with your first line, the main reason I think Plaid wouldnt do it is because of Carwyn Jones. Any other leader and I'd be pretty sure it would happen too.

A compromise is great, so long as both get a fair say. We know this doesn't happen, and your analysis is right.

On TruBlue's point, yeah that would be great. But like I've said, 'better' is subjective.
    Of course, when people call your party a cheap date, you can understand the reason for not wanting to work together.