+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T - Not Football Related - Roku Streaming

O/T - Not Football Related - Roku Streaming

Picked up a Roku 3 recently for a few quid second hand to shove in the spare room where there isn't an aerial. What a brilliant piece of kit. If anyone else has one what are the best private channels worth adding? I stumbled across Film On which has a lot of the live tv channels on it. The quality isn't HD but well watchable. Anything else worth a watch?

Re: O/T - Not Football Related - Roku Streaming

I have a Roku, and also v. pleased with it as a device, but after initially spending ages adding a load of channels, I find that I only bother with Netflix, the catch-up services and occasionally YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    I have a Roku, and also v. pleased with it as a device, but after initially spending ages adding a load of channels, I find that I only bother with Netflix, the catch-up services and occasionally YouTube.
    Oddly enough I added a load of channels that sounded great but having looked at the content have got rid of them. The nowhere man stuff is good though. It feels like a better, easier version of kodi with access to streams straight away rather than searching and choosing streams. Just need to find a good sports streaming one. Got a very good free adult one

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Spot on. Same here. Well worth having.

The Now TV box is a roku re-badged

you can also side load a app onto the Now TV box by going into the admin controls

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    The Now TV box is a roku re-badged

you can also side load a app onto the Now TV box by going into the admin controls
    Pretty sure that is only Plex that you can sideload at present?

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    Pretty sure that is only Plex that you can sideload at present?
    that used to be the case last summer, I am 70 % sure i found a forum about it a while back, they were running other app's, i have had a look and i didnt bookmark it

I will have another search tomorrow, cannot keep my eyes open at the mo

For side loading apps onto my amazon fire box I use a program on my laptop called abdfire. Brilliant free software that runs all the cmd commands for you.

Buy a fire stick search the web kodi and firestick and boom best £35 you will ever spend

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Buy a fire stick search the web kodi and firestick and boom best £35 you will ever spend
    What am I missing with Kodi?? I can never find a decent stream for live games without having to try about 50 links. Eventually find a watchable one and it starts to freeze and buffer. Then I just give up as the BBC scores come through faster than the game I am meant to be watching live. What am I doing wrong??

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    What am I missing with Kodi?? I can never find a decent stream for live games without having to try about 50 links. Eventually find a watchable one and it starts to freeze and buffer. Then I just give up as the BBC scores come through faster than the game I am meant to be watching live. What am I doing wrong??
    Usually get a decent stream 720 or above. But its about having a few add ons that are reliable. They never remain reliable so you do have to keep updating them (I use reddits kodi forum to see what people are using) I haven't used it in a while but my previous reliable HD streams were njm soccer, Adrian sport, castaway and bulldog streams. Other than sport you only really need salts and exodus for all the TV and film you could want.

Quote Originally Posted by dave jones attacking sub View Post
    Usually get a decent stream 720 or above. But its about having a few add ons that are reliable. They never remain reliable so you do have to keep updating them (I use reddits kodi forum to see what people are using) I haven't used it in a while but my previous reliable HD streams were njm soccer, Adrian sport, castaway and bulldog streams. Other than sport you only really need salts and exodus for all the TV and film you could want.
    Cheers for that - it ties in with my experience. I don't use it often but every time I have come back to it none of the streams work and I have to hunt around for something. Then once I get something it freezes up. I will have another look at it as I have a droid box hooked up to the main tv and don't use it as much as I should.