+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Baffled, bewildered, befuddled and bemused by Russell Slade.

Baffled, bewildered, befuddled and bemused by Russell Slade.

Re: Baffled, bewildered, befuddled and bemused by Russell Slade.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Excellent as always
    You should send that to The Moose

Your assessment is spot on again Bob.

I can't understand for the life of me why anyone would want to renew Slade's contract!

Who would you want to take over Bob?

Just to point out Zohore was waiting to come on while the passage of play was happening that led to the opening goal

Agree of course that it should have happened earlier anyway

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    As someone who also didn't attend this match, I have to say that your summation is spot-on.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Your assessment is spot on again Bob.

I can't understand for the life of me why anyone would want to renew Slade's contract!

Who would you want to take over Bob?
    Although there'd always be the possibility of a falling out with Vincent Tan to consider, I'm like you, I'd like to see Craig Bellamy given the job. If that couldn't happen, then I think the club were on the right lines when they initially went for Paul Hartley after Ole left. An up and coming younger manager would better suit the way the club is being run now rather going for a so called big name. Hartley has since made public his misgivings about coming here. but I think someone like Darrell Clark of Bristol Rovers might be worth looking at, while Neil Ardley has done a tremendous job at AFC Wimbledon this season by putting together a squad that looks like reaching the Play Offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Midget View Post
    As someone who also didn't attend this match, I have to say that your summation is spot-on.
    I mentioned in my piece that what I said may have been well wide of the mark, but I've seen about eighty to ninety per cent of matches this season either in the flesh or on Cardiff City Player and so I think what I believe happened and what actually occurred wouldn't be too far apart - if anyone who was at the game thinks what I wrote was rubbish because it was nothing like what happened, then please put me right on it.

Don't misunderstand me - I enjoy your reports and generally agree with what you write - but what would you think of a critic who reviewed a play he hadn't seen, although being familiar with the other works of the playwright. Just saying like...

Quote Originally Posted by pengedragon View Post
    Just to point out Zohore was waiting to come on while the passage of play was happening that led to the opening goal

Agree of course that it should have happened earlier anyway
    This is all correct.
    Zohore did look a handful, although I'm not sure about him as a 90 minute player. He certainly should be getting 25-30 minutes.

We played quite well first half and Pilkington was heavily involved.

I also thought Whitts was more effective, but once again Noone struggled.
    The first change I would make would be to bring Lawrence on for him.

Later in the game when chasing it I'd like to see Pilks, Immers and Zohore on, with one of Whitts or Lawrence sacrificed .

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Midget View Post
    Don't misunderstand me - I enjoy your reports and generally agree with what you write - but what would you think of a critic who reviewed a play he hadn't seen, although being familiar with the other works of the playwright. Just saying like...

A scripted and acted play differs from a game of sport in considerably more ways than it can be compared.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post

A scripted and acted play differs from a game of sport in considerably more ways than it can be compared.
    Quite a few seasoned fans reckon this lot have no desire to go up, mist of them would just be carted out wouldn't they. Quite happy on their 10 to 20k a week for a few more years....never believed it possible until lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post

Perhaps you have one in the pipeline?