Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ched Evans

Ched Evans

Wins appeal

Prosecution seeking retrial.

Just on SSN

Feedback

Re: Ched Evans

So an innocent man. I wonder how many will be big enough to admit they were wrong about him?

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    So an innocent man. I wonder how many will be big enough to admit they were wrong about him?
    I always thought this was a dodgy conviction.

Will he now be called Ched Evans un-convicted rapist?

I wonder if any club will take him on now? I think the stigma will still be too attached to him for a lot of the higher clubs.

Jessica Ennis etc

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Will he now be called Ched Evans un-convicted rapist?
    You're on dodgy ground re libel using the word 'rapist' in connection with CE, at least until his retrial.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    You're on dodgy ground re libel using the word 'rapist' in connection with CE, at least until his retrial.
    The media always named him that ,now he innocent after his appeal

The whole case seemed dodgy to me

Feedback

Just in time for the euros too

I never expected that, great news for the lad.

I think he'll get a new club for next season if the retrial isn't drawn out.

Was a retrial the best outcome for today or could he have been found innocent?

What does this mean? Is he basically innocent now? Was only a matter of time

Let's hope our Welsh "leaders", who relished condemning the poor sod in a debate 18 months ago, will now apologise to Ched.

I'm talking about YOU - Carwyn Jones, Kirsty Williams and Leanne Wood.

Quote Originally Posted by blue sky View Post
    Let's hope our Welsh "leaders", who relished condemning the poor sod in a debate 18 months ago, will now apologise to Ched.

I'm talking about YOU - Carwyn Jones, Kirsty Williams and Leanne Wood.
    He was a convicted rapist at the time. What would you expect them to say?

Just in time for the euros too
    Fantastic news, a player not good enough to play in the Championship at the time of his conviction and has been out of football for a couple of years can now get in the Wales squad.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    I would have expected them to have read up on the case. Ched is a very important public figure in Wales. I watched the leaders' debate and it was apparent that none of them had, as they were unaware that the woman in question had given consent to Ched to have sex with her. As a long time member of Plaid I was disgusted and shamed by my "leader's" attitude.

Horrible little Feminazis the lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Jessica Ennis etc
    Indeed

She really wound me up with her bleating, i trust she will be quiet now

The only shame in this is he cannot sign for Scunthorpe and score the winner and stop them from reaching the play-off's on the final day

Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post
    What does this mean? Is he basically innocent now? Was only a matter of time
    The court quashed Mr Evans's conviction and declared: "The appellant will be retried on the allegation of rape."
    From that I'd take it he's now back to before the original trial so classed as totally innocent at this moment in time.

From that I'd take it he's now back to before the original trial so classed as totally innocent at this moment in time.
    Fantastic news

Quote Originally Posted by blue sky View Post
    I would have expected them to have read up on the case. Ched is a very important public figure in Wales. I watched the leaders' debate and it was apparent that none of them had, as they were unaware that the woman in question had given consent to Ched to have sex with her. As a long time member of Plaid I was disgusted and shamed by my "leader's" attitude.

Horrible little Feminazis the lot of them.
    I doubt you "read up" as much as the jury and they found him guilty. At the time he was convicted, they were well within their rights to.

I don't think we can condemn politicians for being mean about someone who at the time was a convicted rapist, but I assume they will all apologise now.

He's now innocent, but awaiting trial - so no club will still touch him yet.
    Look at the flak around Adam Johnson when he was "accused".

I guess it now depends on whether the CPS feel it's worth pursuing. If they think the fresh evidence will throw their case out, they may not proceed and waste a load of money, or they may go to trial and try and save face

I would now expect them to apologise.

Fantastic news, not entirely unexpected.