+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Singer Prince dead

Singer Prince dead

RIP to another legend.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36106778

Singer Prince has died at his Paisley Park estate in Minnesota at the age of 57, his publicist tells AP.
    Police were called to a medical emergency at his estate earlier on Thursday, US media reported.
    Prince became a global superstar in the 1980s, with albums such as 1999, Purple Rain and Sign O' the Times.
    He sold more than 100 million records during his career.
    Last edited by Michael Morris; 21-04-16 at 17:22.

Re: Singer Prince dead

Gosh who next whats Ramsey doing

Richyrich

RIP. Great musician. A true legend.

RIP

WTF is going on in celeb-land?

Feedback

You mean the artist formerly known as prince

I might be partly to blame.

We started a celebrity condolences board in work and put a picture up on our notice board of dead celebrity. We started with Lemmy and ever since they haven't stopped dying.

Lemmy
    The guy from The Eagles
    Bowie
    Wogan
    Paul Daniels
    Ronnie Corbet
    Johan Cruyff
    David Gest

This week alone we've had Raymond's mother, Victoria Wood and now Prince.

Some proper celebrity's amongst that lot.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    You mean the artist formerly known as prince
    The artist formerly known as living

Just put Radio 5 on to hear Purple Rain playing and straight away knew that another genius had passed away to go with the one from yesterday.

I can remember getting up on New Years Day 1990 to watch a programme I'd recorded from the night before where a panel of musicians and music journalists nominated their artist of the decade just ended - they picked Prince and they were right.

RIP to possibly the most talented musician of my lifetime.

R I P

Yet another one this year

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    The artist formerly known as living
    Prince Carles is the prince formerly known as artist.

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just put Radio 5 on to hear Purple Rain playing and straight away knew that another genius had passed away to go with the one from yesterday.

I can remember getting up on New Years Day 1990 to watch a programme I'd recorded from the night before where a panel of musicians and music journalists nominated their artist of the decade just ended - they picked Prince and they were right.

Saw him over a dozen times paul and you are right one of the most talented musicians ever.

On the Queens Birthday too.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    On the Queens Birthday too.
    Isn't it tomorrow there yet. ?

Prince dies on the queens birthday. The royal family do have history with this type of thing. Conspiracy theorists are going to be all over this one.

RIP indeed but that is a quite ridiculous statement, in my opinion

He was on my list of people that I should see live but haven't got around to it yet. Too late now :-(

Very saddening news.
    Perhaps especially as, despite being one of the most incredible and most influential musicians of our times, he was not the sort of person that people talked warmly of, or got to 'like' or 'know' in the same way as many other household names.

Absolutely amazing musician. Very saddened to hear of his passing.

It is apparently widely known that there are sizeable vaults at Paisley Park , supposedly chock-full of incredible material, audio and visual that never got to see the light of day, or that prince just moved on from with no further regard, but that would blow most mere mortal's efforts clean out of the water.
    Who knows, we may now get to hear and see some of it. Or just as likely, never.

RIP Prince Rogers Nelson. Musical genius for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    RIP indeed but that is a quite ridiculous statement, in my opinion
    No, i would completely agree with that statement, the man could play any instrument and play it brilliantly.
    His last 2 albums were a real return to form after a few years of mainly aimless albums.
    Fekin gutted,only saw him once, on the diamonds and pearls tour, brilliant showman.

RIP to a great song writer, musician and showman.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Very saddening news.
    Perhaps especially as, despite being one of the most incredible and most influential musicians of our times, he was not the sort of person that people talked warmly of, or got to 'like' or 'know' in the same way as many other household names.

Absolutely amazing musician. Very saddened to hear of his passing.

It is apparently widely known that there are sizeable vaults at Paisley Park , supposedly chock-full of incredible material, audio and visual that never got to see the light of day, or that prince just moved on from with no further regard, but that would blow most mere mortal's efforts clean out of the water.
    Who knows, we may now get to hear and see some of it. Or just as likely, never.

RIP Prince Rogers Nelson. Musical genius for sure.
    If entrusted to the right person who exercised some quality control i would love to hear even a fraction of whats in the vaults.

Very talented allround musician & showman & extremely underrated guitarist.
    RIP

The Kevin Smith Prince story:

More talented than Lennon, Bowie, Hendrix, Jackson, Elvis.....????