+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maddie McCann

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Maddie McCann

While this whole sorry episode is horrendous and we know it is

my facebook feed had this as at trending

Theresa May grants Scotland Yard another £95k for 6 months more investigation, i didnt realise that its cost the UK tax payer over 12 million quid now

then you move away from the " celebrity status " of the McCann's and over to other missing children

this was the link, i just clicked forward a few pages, well to page 13 to get a similar time span

http://www.missingkids.co.uk/missing/?p=13

I wonder how much has been spent to find them ? ? ?

So why the McCann's ? ? ?

as a side note, that page consists of people who just might not be from the UK, do the East Asians ( a few look Chinese but i guess they could be from some other east asian country ) and Asians have issues with children going missing more than the Europeans / Brits, do family members snatch them and take them home to where the family members might have come from ? ? ?

as it happens, Maddie is on that list, page 15

what a scary and sad site, all them children still missing

Re: Maddie McCann

I hope every parent who has a child " vanish " in this way is reunited with them , alive
    hopefully or dead because this will give them some closure even though it won't take away
    the hurt and grief.

Personally I don't know how parents can carry on after this sort of thing happens , celebs or not.

The series last year with James Nesbitt in it really summed it up , although it was drama not factual.

I've always wondered why so much effort goes into this child but not others. As sad as it is it all seems disproportionate.

Banned

It's horrendous the amount of public money that has been wasted on this one case when so many other children go almost unreported.
    Ps, the mccanns should both been charged with neglect.

Whilst I don't think the McCanns killed their daughter they were neglectful. They have though paid an incredibly heavy price. Should they be charged? Yes I guess they should although I think they have suffered enough.

I totally agree the money spent on this case is wholly disproportionate and it is very unfair on other parents whose children are missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Whilst I don't think the McCanns killed their daughter they were neglectful. They have though paid an incredibly heavy price. Should they be charged? Yes I guess they should although I think they have suffered enough.

I totally agree the money spent on this case is wholly disproportionate and it is very unfair on other parents whose children are missing.
    If it wasn't for their profession then I doubt very much there would be this much money spent on the case

Yep agreed. It's wrong and very unfair on others whose children are missing but they don't get a fraction of the resources used. It hasn't done this McCanns any good as it makes people resentful towards them. Besides their daughter remains missing.
    I have never understood why parents go on holiday with their kids and do something like this. When our boys were young and we went abroad they had s siesta in the afternoon and were ready to stay up late and go out for evening meals as a family.

Its both sad and unbalanced , I think some parents have come forward to say this .

I just cant imagine how difficult this is ,the McCanns I presume have had the drive and financial support to keep this in the media , difficult one, you could argue very disproportionate and an equally difficult political decision to say enough is enough ?

Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 View Post
    If it wasn't for their profession then I doubt very much there would be this much money spent on the case
    Yup, well spoken , nice looking 'middle class' professional couple.
    Also a very pretty little girl.

The Tabloids and the media went into absolute overdrive over this case also - that's still a huge factor in how much resource has been allocated to this particular missing child situation.

If it had been a couple of chubby, average looking working class Northerners or Welshies , with a missing plump, swarthy lad, we would barely be aware of it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Yup, well spoken , nice looking 'middle class' professional couple.
    Also a very pretty little girl.

The Tabloids and the media went into absolute overdrive over this case also - that's still a huge factor in how much resource has been allocated to this particular missing child situation.

If it had been a couple of chubby, average looking working class Northerners or Welshies , with a missing plump, swarthy lad, we would barely be aware of it now.
    And the parents would have been charged with neglect and pilloried by the media

Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 View Post
    Sadly, I agree and they would have been prosecuted if they were from an underprivileged family

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post

My feelings exactly. I accept they are probably being treated differently because they are articulate and don't live on a sink estate. But they made a mistake and they've paid heavily.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    My feelings exactly. I accept they are probably being treated differently because they are articulate and don't live on a sink estate. But they made a mistake and they've paid heavily.
    I will always have the hope (whilst no body has been found) that, at worst, the girl was kidnapped and is alive and will one day be reunited with her parents, I know we have a god squad on here who have never done anything wrong in their lives, hate successful people etc. and have convicted the parents based on internet evidence, until a body is found and subsequent evidence proves foul play has been proven, the parents for me, are guilty of no more than being negligent in leaving the girl (a terrible mistake) alone for a kidnapping to have taken place, I have read the majority of the internet stuff on this case, innocent until proven guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I will always have the hope (whilst no body has been found) that, at worst, the girl was kidnapped and is alive and will one day be reunited with her parents, I know we have a god squad on here who have never done anything wrong in their lives, hate successful people etc. and have convicted the parents based on internet evidence, until a body is found and subsequent evidence proves foul play has been proven, the parents for me, are guilty of no more than being negligent in leaving the girl (a terrible mistake) alone for a kidnapping to have taken place, I have read the majority of the internet stuff on this case, innocent until proven guilty.
    Are you saying that you don't hold them culpable in any way for the child going missing? Not sying they did or didn't do it but their actions led to the child being missing and as such should shoulder the blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    Are you saying that you don't hold them culpable in any way for the child going missing? Not sying they did or didn't do it but their actions led to the child being missing and as such should shoulder the blame.
    Would you saying losing a child is enough punishment?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rosecuted.html - Would suggest that it's not just wealthy middle class parents who get away with these things.

If you read it again, I'm sure you will see that, I think they have been negligent

I think he is referring to people convicting them of murder based on what they've read on the web.

Feedback

The actions of the kidnappers lead to the McCann girl going missing. her parents were naive and foolish. What punishment do you think society could give them that would close to what they have suffered so far?

As a parent (and grandparent) I can't imagine anything worse than one of your kids going missing and never knowing what became of them.

Yes the Mccanns were negligent on that night but no amount of finger pointing will ever compare to the guilt they undoubtedly feel about their actions that night.

Prosecuting them benefits nobody - it won't bring Maddie back and the parents are being punished every single day already.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    As a parent (and grandparent) I can't imagine anything worse than one of your kids going missing and never knowing what became of them.

Yes the Mccanns were negligent on that night but no amount of finger pointing will ever compare to the guilt they undoubtedly feel about their actions that night.

Prosecuting them benefits nobody - it won't bring Maddie back and the parents are being punished every single day already.
    know the truth do you

Quote Originally Posted by giddyblue View Post
    know the truth do you
    It's probably just his opinion, the same as your previous post was yours.

where is Steve R with his " book " pic ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    where is Steve R with his " book " pic ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    you know you want to

Go on then, I got you in one ear and Mrs R in the other....'Post it, go on....Post it!....'