+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our season could be over before we start tomorrow...

Thumbs up Our season could be over before we start tomorrow...

Derby v Sheffield starting 12.30

Would not be at all surprised to see Sheffield winning.

Banned

Re: Our season could be over before we start tomorrow...

That's the hammer..... Positivity. For 15 or so clubs the season ended weeks ago. Rejoice in the fact that we are still in there with an outside chance.

I so hope I am proved wrong, but we are just not playing well enough to get into the playoff, we needed a run of 4 wins to catch-up and get into the top six and this just never happened - I just think it's too late.....But then who knows 3 wins, and Sheffield 3 losses!

I hope I am wrong too, but as you quite rightly say, we have not played well enough to deserve a play off spot.

I'd back Derby to beat Sheffield Wednesday but I have no confidence that we can beat Bolton

No it won't-there are two games to go after tomorrow whatever the result !! For some of us!!

The players don't want it, it was there for the taking four games ago. Never been so obvious as this lot.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    The players don't want it, it was there for the taking four games ago. Never been so obvious as this lot.
    Of course, the millions of pounds of bonuses don't matter to them at all !
    Fact is we just aren't good enough.
    Ironic thing is, it hardly looks like Sheffield, Ipswich, Brum etc.. aren't either !

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

As soon as it was announced "OUR RUSS" may get a new contract, player performance levels went down a couple of notches.

The boys want a football man, not a headmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Of course, the millions of pounds of bonuses don't matter to them at all !
    Fact is we just aren't good enough.
    Ironic thing is, it hardly looks like Sheffield, Ipswich, Brum etc.. aren't either !
    I've said this for years. !!

All of a sudden players realize, they will be transferred if promoted as they don't fit/not good enough for the Prem.

They get it in the neck from their wives, who don't wanna move, their kids, who don't wanna change schools/friends.

You always get strange results this time of the season, look at Sheffield Wednesday the last couple of weeks.

The only side, I would say, that really wanted it, was ****ing Blackpool the year we played um and that was because the players knew, that the poxy Moxy chairman would not go out and buy new players, so they were sure to be playing in the prem.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

All of a sudden players realize, they will be transferred if promoted as they don't fit/not good enough for the Prem.

They get it in the neck from their wives, who don't wanna move, their kids, who don't wanna change schools/friends.

You always get strange results this time of the season, look at Sheffield Wednesday the last couple of weeks.

The only side, I would say, that really wanted it, was ****ing Blackpool the year we played um and that was because the players knew, that the poxy Moxy chairman would not go out and buy new players, so they were sure to be playing in the prem.
    Players will get massive bonuses. Many will stay and the others will get good contracts elsewhere.
    Every one of our 1st team involved in match days is under contract at least until May 2017.

It's nothing to do with trying. They just aren't good enough as a group, managers and coaches included.

There's little difference in our squad against the likes of Fulham and QPR- in fact QPR have probably got a stronger squad, so it shouldn't be a massive surprise when we can't beat them.

The players should be looking what Leicester have achieved this season, lots of hard work, playing for each other with a fantastic team spirit .........

[QUOTE=Its been emotional;4617398]The players should be looking what Leicester have achieved this season, lots of hard work, playing for each other with a fantastic team spirit and a quality coach/manager.

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN View Post
    No it won't-there are two games to go after tomorrow whatever the result !! For some of us!!
    So wish we had more fans like this, glass half full not half empty!

Too true mate. It's as if they had a get together and said "if we go up none of us will be good enough to play at Cardiff in the prem, lets go through the motions and keep our jobs/ salaries next season" The last three performances have been crap. Team selection crap too. Makes me mad. Slade has to go.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Too true mate. It's as if they had a get together and said "if we go up none of us will be good enough to play at Cardiff in the prem, lets go through the motions and keep our jobs/ salaries next season" The last three performances have been crap. Team selection crap too. Makes me mad. Slade has to go.
    Spedger

You're not wrong boys/girls.

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN View Post
    Well said - whatever happens true fans will be there

Quote Originally Posted by DP1 View Post
    Well said - whatever happens true fans will be there
    Yes we will

My family have been saying this about City for decades. Agree with you.

[QUOTE=BLUETIT;4617395]I've said this for years. !!

Half that Blackpool team was on loan wasn't it??? They prob thought by doing the best they can they will be snapped up by other clubs or offered a contract at least by bpool, which they did. The lethargy in the team the last few games has to be seen to be believed. They don't care for bonuses they just want a nice 2 more years plodding along on 60k a month .......