+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FT: Cardiff 2 - 1 Bolton. Matchday thread

FT: Cardiff 2 - 1 Bolton. Matchday thread

The Bluebirds have won just one of their last seven league games against Bolton (D1 L5).

The Trotters have won 10 of their last 14 league encounters with Cardiff (D1 L3), keeping clean sheets in eight of those 10 wins.

Only Hull (1) have lost fewer home games than the Bluebirds in the Championship this season (2).

13 of Bolton's last 16 goals have been scored in the second half.

Relegated Bolton have conceded 78 goals this term, the most they have conceded in a season since the 80 they let in in 1963/64.

Re: Cardiff v Bolton. Matchday thread

If Bolton fail to win today it will be only the third time in their history they have gone a whole season without an away win.

This is all set up for a 2-1 win for Bolton

Jesus Christ.

Lucky not to be two down. Marshall great save from Bolton shot 3 yards out.

Get in!

Blog Entries

Get in

Our striker scores!

Blog Entries

YES!!!!!!

Well, well, well. The hope lives on.

Quit ya Slade bitchin bitches you can still make the play offs.

****ing shite but well done Kads and well done whitts for holding his nerve.

We need a performance next week, due one surely.

Whitts may have saved our season.

Is it our turn to do a Preston to Sheffield? A 6-0 win (yes you can all stop laughing and pick yourselves up off the floor) would put us level on points and GD with Wednesday.

They would stiil be ahead on GS, but it would pressure on going into the last game

Scrap the points bit, BBC live table hadn't updated

Re: FT: Cardiff 2 - 1 Bolton. Matchday thread

WOW!

love this club

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Keeper went the right way, Whitts still scores.

Not sure where to start but what we demonstrated today was that we don't know how to attack 10 men with any conviction, and that some of our players should be ashamed to call themselves professional footballers with the lack of nous they possess.

Marshall kept us in a game we could easily have lost. Peltier and Malone did not have good games, with Malone in particular clearly high on some form of drug that convinced him he was Messi only for his dreams to run out every time he attempted a cute pass which often failed to get anywhere near any of our players.

The reason we won that game today was Whittingham's ball distribution; a fluky run from Noone (all credit to him for being direct and keeping going); Zohore showing he's got much more to his game than just being a big target man; and Marshall's ability to stop shots - though what he thought was going to happen with the free kick Clough scored from was beyond me. However, the free kick came from Peltier putting in a ridiculous challenge on Heskey for a ball way over both their heads.

I don't want to be too negative when we've won, but surely every team practices how to make the best of an extra man? We looked like the whole concept was completely new to us. With Morrison taking it on himself to shoot, Malone playing balls he just doesn't have the ability to deliver and the whole team just needing too much time to do anything we looked anything but play-off contenders still.

If we do get into the play-offs the one hope we now have is that I reckon big Kenneth Zohore actually has what it takes to be a footballer. He was really cute at a lot of set plays and caused problems for them all afternoon. I think not going up this year is going to be a blessing in disguise if it gives him time to mature into what I hope he can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Not sure where to start but what we demonstrated today was that we don't know how to attack 10 men with any conviction, and that some of our players should be ashamed to call themselves professional footballers with the lack of nous they possess.

Marshall kept us in a game we could easily have lost. Peltier and Malone did not have good games, with Malone in particular clearly high on some form of drug that convinced him he was Messi only for his dreams to run out every time he attempted a cute pass which often failed to get anywhere near any of our players.

The reason we won that game today was Whittingham's ball distribution; a fluky run from Noone (all credit to him for being direct and keeping going); Zohore showing he's got much more to his game than just being a big target man; and Marshall's ability to stop shots - though what he thought was going to happen with the free kick Clough scored from was beyond me. However, the free kick came from Peltier putting in a ridiculous challenge on Heskey for a ball way over both their heads.

I don't want to be too negative when we've won, but surely every team practices how to make the best of an extra man? We looked like the whole concept was completely new to us. With Morrison taking it on himself to shoot, Malone playing balls he just doesn't have the ability to deliver and the whole team just needing too much time to do anything we looked anything but play-off contenders still.

If we do get into the play-offs the one hope we now have is that I reckon big Kenneth Zohore actually has what it takes to be a footballer. He was really cute at a lot of set plays and caused problems for them all afternoon. I think not going up this year is going to be a blessing in disguise if it gives him time to mature into what I hope he can be.
    AMEN.

Honest and correct, we were toothless today.
    Whilst impressed by Zahore I thought going down after 64mins with cramp was laughable for a "professional" footballer.
    Bolton could've easily had 3 goals if it wasn't for Marshall.
    We have to buck up our ideas if we're going to beat Wrdnesday next week.
    But saying this, I think we will, we seem to perform better against the top sides and hopefully with Immers back we'll do them.

Good summary of a bizarre afternoon. I was just laughing leaving the ground - crazy script. We didn't look as if we had a clue for most of the time. One day we might be 'ept', but today was mostly a demonstration of 'inept'.

Malone had a shocker. Zahore showed great desire to win the ball and some promise that he can do something with it if he gets it. Marshall reminded us that he is the best keeper in the league (and better than a lot in the league above). Ralls was a shadow of the player that impressed so much a few months ago (although he may have been carrying a knock that led to his substitution at half time), Noone did his 'one trick pony' thing way too often, but then set up the equaliser, Ameobi demonstrated his incredible skill and all too credible inability to use it to produce a goal. Overall a performance that should not give Sheffield Wednesday any worries at all.

However, I thought Slade's substitutions were either mad or effective (turns out effective), and some of the support players had a chance to impress (Zohore, Harris). Sometimes I even think that he knows what he's doing!

Agreed, our full backs are terrible. Ralls needs a rest, but I'm sure he'll come back better next season. We won't win at Wednesday, and even if we do, you've got to fancy they will earn a win against Wolves. Last few weeks results have been poor, and although some will think it's harsh, I'd like to see Slade leave in the summer.

Time for UFC and GGG in boxing too

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Keeper went the right way, Whitts still scores.
    ball was past the keeper before he'd fully reacted.