+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Samsung smart watch

Samsung smart watch

Anybody got one? Thinking of getting a smart watch and I don't want an Apple one. I want an Android one and I'd guess that probably means Samsung. Any recommendations?

Re: Samsung smart watch

Do you have a Samsung phone?

I had the original Samsung Gear watch and it worked nicely with my Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3...but when I went for an LG G3 as my next phone it didn't work without a major work-around (My watch has stayed in a drawer since).

I now have an S6 Edge Plus and I've thought about the new Gear...but the cost of the new one has put me off.

Have a look at the Honor range - they get great reviews. https://www.vmall.eu/uk/wearables/

I've got a Moto 360 (1st gen) with the stainless steel strap. It cost about £100 (new) from Amazon last year. I've been pretty happy with it and would recommend it.

As a side note, I currently have it paired to an iPhone 6 since my Z3 died (I'm waiting for the new HTC 10). The functionality is slightly impaired compared to when used with an android phone but I still get my google now cards, text messages and Whatsapp messages and can control my music (including Spotify). The only downside really is that it won't alert me (or display) when I receive emails. I was quite shocked how functional it actual was with an iPhone.

Yes you can find lots of Smart Watch for androids. What I know is Sony has a matching smart watch for the smart phone.