+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Labour leading by example I see

Re: Labour leading by example I see

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    I agree with your first line, the main reason I think Plaid wouldnt do it is because of Carwyn Jones. Any other leader and I'd be pretty sure it would happen too.

A compromise is great, so long as both get a fair say. We know this doesn't happen, and your analysis is right.

On TruBlue's point, yeah that would be great. But like I've said, 'better' is subjective.
    Of course, when people call your party a cheap date, you can understand the reason for not wanting to work together.
    That was a cheap shot from a Labour AM but Plaid threw their toys out and a good piece of legislation was lost.

To me that means Plaid need to grow up, hence why I'd like to see them in a position of power and be able to implement at least some of their policies e.g. social care.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    That was a cheap shot from a Labour AM but Plaid threw their toys out and a good piece of legislation was lost.

To me that means Plaid need to grow up, hence why I'd like to see them in a position of power and be able to implement at least some of their policies e.g. social care.
    I think if you're running a minority, you cant be throwing insults about like that. It seems the law making process will begin again in the next senedd.

next thursday will certainly be interesting. According to the bbc the tory chairman reckons a plaid/tory coalition could be on. I wonder...

I think if you're running a minority, you cant be throwing insults about like that. It seems the law making process will begin again in the next senedd.

next thursday will certainly be interesting. According to the bbc the tory chairman reckons a plaid/tory coalition could be on. I wonder...
    Hasn't Leanne ruled that out?

I doubt she would be too keen on it. May well have ruled it out on telly, i haven't had a chance to watch the second debate yet

It would be political suicide.

I doubt she would be too keen on it. May well have ruled it out on telly, i haven't had a chance to watch the second debate yet
    I'm sure I've heard her rule it out on a number of occasions. As well as any deals with UKIP!!

Plaid's and the Tories policies are quite far apart and I'd be amazed if they came to a deal. Certainly not a coalition.

Unless there are major siurprises next Thursday it'll be down to Labour and Plaid to work together.

Plaid should play the long game

Give Labour another 5 years and Plaid will win the next election

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

There's no suggestion that would happen. Plaid's peak in both the general election and Welsh assembly elections were either side of the millennium.
    Senedd.jpg
    The Tory vote has been the biggest grower since devolution and it'll be interesting to see how they do - in Westminster the party has problems and has presided over a number of deeply unpopular policy decisions. If there is apathy towards Labour, will they pick up votes, or will the swing go the other way, with voters wanting to give the Tories a bloody nose, and no better way of doing that than voting Labour. There's also the growth of the UKIP vote to consider.
    In any case, the chances of Plaid winning an election in Wales within the next 20 years I reckon are nil.

Anyone seen this yet? Great example of democracy - labour style..
    This is great! Many of us are suppressed that even our voices can't be heard. So, instead of talking nonsense, MP showed his feelings through actions.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

Are they playing political chess for fun? or doing what's best for Wales?

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Are they playing political chess for fun? or doing what's best for Wales?
    whilst I agree that they should be doing what's best for wales, at the end of the day it's down to the electorate to vote for who they think will run wales best. It's not up to plaid to make Labour look good.