+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Champions League

Champions League

Absolutely brilliant individual effort (and not one of those power-hits) from Saul to put Madrid ahead of Munich.

Re: Champions League

Excellent goal that fair play

And you can watch it on Freeview Channel 59 - BT Sport Showcase

Cracking HD link on Kodi > Pheonix Sports > VCevents

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    And you can watch it on Freeview Channel 59 - BT Sport Showcase
    Great shout, cheers

Brian are well on top now

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Brian are well on top now
    Atletico are happy to sit and defend. They are the best at what they do but they do bore me as a neautral.

I don't like this Athletico side mate, they may as well play for 70 minutes cos they just roll on the floor for the last 20

All-Madrid final, you maaaaark my werds.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Germans will rip them a new one in the return

A team that have no right to be a giant ... yet have the tactics to cancel out the giants (with no little skill when they do sweep forward). They deserve respect.

2 all Spanish finals in the 2 European competitions

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC_Urawa_Reds View Post
    A team that have no right to be a giant ... yet have the tactics to cancel out the giants (with no little skill when they do sweep forward). They deserve respect.

What makes a giant in your eyes. They are the third biggest club in the best league in the world and 16th richest club in the world. If we can't expect them to be able to compete in Europe we might as well give up now.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkhablue View Post
    Germans will rip them a new one in the return
    Yep you might be right they have done the bounce back in the second leg before.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    What makes a giant in your eyes. They are the third biggest club in the best league in the world and 16th richest club in the world. If we can't expect them to be able to compete in Europe we might as well give up now.
    Since 2004, La Liga has been a 2 horse race in terms of winners between Barcelona & Real Madrid (other than 2014 - Atleti).

The other 2 also out-spend Atleti by an enormous margin. Atletico Madrid are your typical 'selling' team. Every year a big new star seems to go for millions to a 'bigger' established club in Europe. I can't imagine Antoine Griezmann staying there this summer. I can't imagine Oblak staying there more than another year.

Atletico Madrid have still managed to compete over the last few years, and have outsmarted their 'big brothers' across the city time and time again recently.

Simeone just makes them loveable as the 'challenger' to the classic big two.

Called it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    Since 2004, La Liga has been a 2 horse race in terms of winners between Barcelona & Real Madrid (other than 2014 - Atleti).

The other 2 also out-spend Atleti by an enormous margin. Atletico Madrid are your typical 'selling' team. Every year a big new star seems to go for millions to a 'bigger' established club in Europe. I can't imagine Antoine Griezmann staying there this summer. I can't imagine Oblak staying there more than another year.

Atletico Madrid have still managed to compete over the last few years, and have outsmarted their 'big brothers' across the city time and time again recently.

Simeone just makes them loveable as the 'challenger' to the classic big two.
    not to mention the funding the spanish clubs get is insanely biased towards the 'giants'

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    not to mention the funding the spanish clubs get is insanely biased towards the 'giants'
    Shirt sponsorship deals always stood out to me in La Liga...I haven't actively looked out for it this season, but at least up until last season, most Spanish clubs other than Barca & Real didn't have shirt sponsors.

Seems Barca & Real get around €30 million from their shirt sponsors, and all others get a couple of million at most, and so most simply don't bother (if they can get one at all). Hugely disparate considering Sevilla, Villareal & Bilbao were in the European competitions.