Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
I wonder if anyone has gone through all the social media posts of all tory or ukip counsellors to see if anything could be taken out of context?
It has happened several times with UKIP candidates and usually they find far worse ignorance. It has also happened with the comedian who replaced John Stewart which reminded us that you cannot grow as an individual if you are a public person and have a social media account, nor is context in any way important.

I'll let you guess which cult they follow.
There is no cult. I presume you might be talking about the individual who has condemned bigotry and prejudice before it became popular to do so and has announced a review into his own party even though what has sparked this was created by a Jewish writer. His followers may not be whiter than white (neither, probably, is he) but he is been attacked unfairly by those who probably have far more skeletons.

or maybe too many Labour MP's sharing platforms with IS support groups maybe?
One should be allowed to share a platform with someone who you disagree with and be judged on your words and actions rather than who you stood near. Otherwise, we'd never challenge the ideas of extremist preachers in the UK and we'd concentrate on creating martyrs - I have no shared opinions with Nick Griffin but it only takes a few "Dick Griffin" comments on QT to make me want to hear what he actually says.

i) Before the extermination of the Jewish people Hitler planned on creating a Jewish territory and moving all the Jewish people there, and charging them for the pleasure of being treated like prisoners in a compound.
ii) The only time we ever talk about the actions of the Israeli government is after a Palestinian attack and then only to sigh and say they're probably as bad as each other. I wonder why that is?
iii) This has happened in the same week the Conservative London Mayoral candidate wrote a piece about the Labour candidate and employed a picture of a 7/7 London. Such massive ignorance and despicable insensitivity (and from one of the more progressive Tory candidates) is being lost as the media and some of the Labour party act on their own agenda.