+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The end of Ken Livingstone

Re: The end of Ken Livingstone

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Hmmm - seems I deleted the attachment by mistake.

Attachment 290

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-36203911
    I think she presents her opinion fairly. Labour are lacking leadership here. They should be counter-attacking the Tories here.
    Last edited by Pearcey3; 05-05-16 at 14:54.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    What a strange little site that is!!

Basically, anyone who has a beef about anything and feels that the BBC hasn't covered it adequately to suit their own bias accuses the BBC of being biased.

Have I got that right?
    Make of it what you want, I was just pointing out exactly what you and TruBlue are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    I expect you'd be quite happy having a wank over jeremy corbyn,joseph stalin and tony benn every five minutes.
    I will give you Benn but certainly not the others. I am hardly in favour of mass murderers like Josef. Perhaps you find it difficult to think of three names.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Make of it what you want, I was just pointing out exactly what you and TruBlue are saying.
    I do.

Every organisation and individual has a bias - why do you expect the BBC to be any different?

Just been and voted for Khan

Blog Entries

I do.

Every organisation and individual has a bias - why do you expect the BBC to be any different?
    I don't expect them to be any different, Christ, I'm agreeing with you and you're still arguing with me.

I do.

They are supposed to be impartial. It's in their remit. Perhaps if they stopped fawning over the Queen and Churchill they could be taken seriously. They are very much part of the establishment so can never be even handed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    They are supposed to be impartial. It's in their remit. Perhaps if they stopped fawning over the Queen and Churchill they could be taken seriously. They are very much part of the establishment so can never be even handed.
    Their bias is exactly that they're part of the establishment and will always be generally "softer" towards the incumbent government.

Can't say I blame them as it's the government who decides their charter and ultimately controls their funding.

I don't expect them to be any different, Christ, I'm agreeing with you and you're still arguing with me.
    Who's arguing?

Blog Entries

Their bias is exactly that they're part of the establishment and will always be generally "softer" towards the incumbent government.

Can't say I blame them as it's the government who decides their charter and ultimately controls their funding.
    Yay, we got there in the end.

Yay, we got there in the end.
    "We" got where?

Here's someone else for John Mann (and his cheerleaders on this Board) to scream at and denounce as a Nazi apologist: Major General Yair Golan, deputy chief of staff of the Israeli military:

"If there's something that frightens me about Holocaust remembrance it's the recognition of the nauseating processes that occurred in Europe in general, and particularly in Germany, back then - 70, 80 and 90 years ago - and finding signs of them here among us today in 2016," the deputy chief of staff said on Wednesday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-36241210

If Ken Livingstone had said anything like that imagine the reaction of the British press, Blairite Labour MPs, and the rest of the circus.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Here's someone else for John Mann (and his cheerleaders on this Board) to scream at and denounce as a Nazi apologist: Major General Yair Golan, deputy chief of staff of the Israeli military:

"If there's something that frightens me about Holocaust remembrance it's the recognition of the nauseating processes that occurred in Europe in general, and particularly in Germany, back then - 70, 80 and 90 years ago - and finding signs of them here among us today in 2016," the deputy chief of staff said on Wednesday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-36241210

If Ken Livingstone had said anything like that imagine the reaction of the British press, Blairite Labour MPs, and the rest of the circus.

I've read it twice but can't see the bit claiming hitler was a zionist?