+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: So IF Slade goes - who would you want in ?

So IF Slade goes - who would you want in ?

I'm not up on foreign managers, but will throw in some names from British football to think about.

Of course there's the ones unlikely to come....
    Pearson, Moyes, Martinez ( if the inevitable happens)

My personal choice would be Justin Edinburgh who's done a great job on little resource at Gillingham.

I'd love Warnock here, but apparently he wants to stay with Rotherham

I'd also like Nigel Clough if we could prise him off Burton.

Maybe Carl Robinson from MK would fancy another crack- although he's taken them down they have been punching above their weight.

Dean Smith has done a great job for Brentford since he's been there, but would he leave- unlikely I guess, plus , like some of the others above there aywould be a big compensation package.

Of course there's Bellamy, he'd be a risk- another couple of characters I'd like to see at the club would be well respected ex players like Darren Purse and Mark Hudson, maybe as part of the coaching team rather than manager.

Another dream appointment would be getting Di Matteo out of retirement.

Please no to Tim Sherwood.

Just some names chucked in.

Any other ideas ?

Re: So IF Slade goes - who would you want in ?

Mrs Doubtfire

Thanks for that positive contribution Tony

Can only think of Nigel Pearson, tough, a personality and a proven track record, notwithstanding his questionable temperament and disciplinary record, a real scrapper me thinks. Is this job big enough for him though?

Hudsons just signed a 3 year deal at Huddersfield to become player / coach.

i honestly couldn't care who our next manager is. Anyone but Slade for me.
    Someone willing to blood some youngsters and with better contacts in the game.
    Last edited by CCFC CASUAL; 01-05-16 at 07:28.

Apart from the obvious names like Warburton, Neville, Pearson, Martinez who would probably be way out of our reach I personally (as you all know) think Bellamy is a no brainer.

I will be buzzing for next season if he is the man taking us forward with people like Osian Roberts and Dutch Ray maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Thanks for that positive contribution Tony
    Sorry Tim, but after that team selection, substitution an performance yesterday, I'm trying to cheer myself up.

Ok, our fans demand a name, our fans demand effort, our fans demand 100%.

With all that in mind, there is no-one out there who would please everyone.

Who ever comes here, has to play attacking atractive football, has to show passion on the touchline and relate to the fans.

I gotta say it but when he was here Dave Jones, (not everyones cup of tea), played some of the best football we have seen for many a year.

Do we go young (not Scott) and unknown or try a NAMED manager.

If young, the guy at Bristol Rovers seems to have made rapid progress and Cloughie might be a fair shout.

Names gotta be Colin, that bristol twat Holliway or try and get that guy from Glasgow Rangers (soz Jim)

God knows, but what is DEFINITE is "OUR RUSS" gotta go.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Sorry Tim, but after that team selection, substitution an performance yesterday, I'm trying to cheer myself up.

Who ever comes here, has to play attacking atractive football, has to show passion on the touchline and relate to the fans.

I gotta say it but when he was here Dave Jones, (not everyones cup of tea), played some of the best football we have seen for many a year.

If young, the guy at Bristol Rovers seems to have made rapid progress and Cloughie might be a fair shout.

Names gotta be Colin, that bristol twat Holliway or try and get that guy from Glasgow Rangers (soz Jim)

Afterthought, Kit Symons with Bellers maybe.

I'm not up on foreign managers, but will throw in some names from British football to think about.

Of course there's the ones unlikely to come....
    Pearson, Moyes, Martinez ( if the inevitable happens)

My personal choice would be Justin Edinburgh who's done a great job on little resource at Gillingham.

I'd love Warnock here, but apparently he wants to stay with Rotherham

I'd also like Nigel Clough if we could prise him off Burton.

Maybe Carl Robinson from MK would fancy another crack- although he's taken them down they have been punching above their weight.

Dean Smith has done a great job for Brentford since he's been there, but would he leave- unlikely I guess, plus , like some of the others above there aywould be a big compensation package.

Of course there's Bellamy, he'd be a risk- another couple of characters I'd like to see at the club would be well respected ex players like Darren Purse and Mark Hudson, maybe as part of the coaching team rather than manager.

Another dream appointment would be getting Di Matteo out of retirement.

Please no to Tim Sherwood.

Just some names chucked in.

Any other ideas ?
    I've wondered about Justin Edinburgh as well (Deji would get a game ). Of the others you mention, I think Robinson has got something and I liked Dean Smith at Walsall.

Someone with a City connection who I think has done tremendously this season is Neil Ardley at AFC Wimbledon.

However, the one I'd like to see most is Craig Bellamy being given the chance to develop the club in the way he wants to - don't see that happening somehow though!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I've wondered about Justin Edinburgh as well (Deji would get a game ). Of the others you mention, I think Robinson has got something and I liked Dean Smith at Walsall.

Someone with a City connection who I think has done tremendously this season is Neil Ardley at AFC Wimbledon.

However, the one I'd like to see most is Craig Bellamy being given the chance to develop the club in the way he wants to - don't see that happening somehow though!

My only concern about Karl Robinson is that he has signed Alex Revell!

It's Bellamy for me-someone said it's a risk but every managerial appointment is just that.I think he would bring an enthusiasm that the club badly needs-I believe the fans would be right behind him and that he would not only bring on some of our youngsters but also attract better players than Slade has been able to bring in.The latter of course would not be difficult.

Quique Sánchez Flores

Bellamy.

Get the transfer embargo lifted , decent managerial appointment and there will be reasons to be optimistic for next season.

A tub of lard or a My Little Pony figure.

No. Scrap that!

An Action Man with eagle eyes!! Yes.

Or a Steve Austin?

image.jpg

However the club would need to get it a blue tracksuit as I don't think the red one would go down very well.

Ooh ooh and get a slinky spring in as the head coach.

#ChampionsNextSeason

I would love us to get a proven, experienced man in like Pearson. Having said that I can't help but feel that someone soon is going to take a chance on Bellamy, I hope we don't regret that it wasn't us.

Brendan Rodgers. Take away his ex jack baggage, it's an ideal job for him.

Warburton would be the man for me if he wasnt at Rangers.
    Bellamy would possibly be the man to pull the club together from the top to the bottom.

As a club there would be a better feel about the place if the youth wasnt almost totally detached from the senior squad.
    A better feel and a stronger sense of identity is the road to long term success.

Nigel Pearson, don't particularly like the bloke in fact I hate him but he's a good manager and proven at this level. Steve Bruce could be available in the summer but he's made a right rickett of the Hull job this year so perhaps not, although saying that he has been there a while and a fresh job might suit him. A left field choice would be Alan Curbishley? Karl Robinson not a bad shout, they would have stayed up if they kept their players that got them up.

No to Sherwood, no to Mclaren, no to Lennon and DEFINITELY NO TO SLADE STAYING

Bellars, worth a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Hudsons just signed a 3 year deal at Huddersfield to become player / coach.

Ah sorry, didn't realise it was that long and also a coaching job. Cheers.
    Good luck to him.
    He's certainly got the character to make a great coach/ manager

Ah sorry, didn't realise it was that long and also a coaching job. Cheers.
    Good luck to him.
    He's certainly got the character to make a great coach/ manager
    Yes I agree. The Huddersfield manager could not speak highly enough of him.

'that Bristol twat ' 😄. For what it's worth I certainly wouldn't want him here thanks.

Also, no way would Warburton leave Rangers for Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    My only concern about Karl Robinson is that he has signed Alex Revell!
    Who has done pretty well for him.

Good debate so far.
    Bellamy seems to be on top, with Pearson popular, but IMHO unlikely to be interested ( hope I'm wrong)