+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: So IF Slade goes - who would you want in ?

Re: So IF Slade goes - who would you want in ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    So we bring in Bellars on big bucks then we bring in Dutch ray on big bucks then some decent coaches on big bucks you can see where this is going can't you? Do you want a club that lives within its means or do you want a club that throws all caution to the wind?
    Your post would imply that you think we don't have decent coaches at the moment.

Why would you want to stick with what we have if there's a chance we can get someone "decent"?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    WTF! Why would we be living out of our means I'm pretty confident Bellers could secure a lot of young talent from man city and liverpool without breaking the bank while blooding our own talent personally I would love to see tutonda and Wharton given a crack next season. I'm more than happy to finish mid table if I can see the club going in the right direction and building a platform with the youngsters. Under Slade we have little chance of moving forward because he doesn't know how to he's an old fool stuck in his ways football is a changing game and you got to change and adapt with it but unfortunately he has been stuck down in the lower divisions for good reasons and doesn't know how to manage a modern top end football club . He might be a nice guy but nice guys always finish last
    So you are quite happy to finish mid table as long as we play the youngsters? So Bellers is manager and we play the youngsters how do you think the fans would react if we finish mid table?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Your post would imply that you think we don't have decent coaches at the moment.

Why would you want to stick with what we have if there's a chance we can get someone "decent"?
    I've read that 3 times and I still don't understand it

You only read what you want. It's not just playing the youngsters it's building a platform for the club to secure future success football is a forever changing game look at what Bournemouth has achieved

You said if we employ Bellamy then we would have to pay big bucks for decent coaches. If the coaches we currently have are decent, why would we need to replace them?

Another name to throw in.
    Neil Harris of Millwall. Young manager doing a very good job with limited resources, also iirc he had a short spell here, so will be well aware of our OTT expectations 😄

May well be loyal to Millwall though

Under Slade we have little chance of moving forward because he doesn't know how to he's an old fool stuck in his ways football is a changing game and you got to change and adapt with it
    Immers behind Pilkington with Lawrence and Whitts out wide? Perhaps more accident than design but enough to counter Slade being an "old fool".

He's from Cardiff big fecking deal so am I.
    So if we do hire him will you suddenly be as positive about him as you are about Slade? Your defence of Slade has been driven to the extremes and is no longer matched by any facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    There are a lot of contenders as this thread suggests, inlcuding Warnock who I've always rated and the Northampton manager purely on his ability this season to make gold out of turd.

But my choice in an ideal world would be Bellamy and Dutch Ray. Both have worked together. You'd get a blend of youth + inexperience, experience, local AND insider knowledge, passion, leftfield thinking, discipline, nutrition and fitness regimes plus raw ambition / desire.

They could probably do great things with the players already here plus a few freebies, but the sky would be the limit with a bit of financial backing from Tan.
    Agree with Bellamy and Dutch Ray.

Would also welcome Warnock, but he may not be involved at all next year as his Wife has cancer.

Bellamy along with Paul Trollope, Raymond Verheijen and Neil Ardley.

or if we are looking for a foreign manager...Julen Lopetegui

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/julen...l/trainer/6615

better stats than a certain ex chelski manager or Moyes or Di Matteo.

Whoever comes in, if Slade does get the sack, I hope that all the other wasters in the coaching staff get the boot as well apart from Trollope

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Whoever comes in, if Slade does get the sack, I hope that all the other wasters in the coaching staff get the boot as well apart from Trollope

You're all heart

CANTON has reopened, with some new ale's as well.

Bellamy and Raymond Verheilen.

Filippo Inzaghi

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Can't see him wanting to come here
    He's out at the moment, needs to rebuild his rep, knows the area, has done it before on a low budget, has worked for awkward owners, i reckon he'd jump at a chance here, a sticky period at first to get over, but once a couple of wins under his belt, he's a perfect fit IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Filippo Inzaghi
    Player coach

I wouldn't describe Slade as an old fool, more of a feckless oaf.

Personally, I'd go for Bellamy and Dutch Ray. They surely will give a better match for the contenders!

Blue in the Face

I would love Paul Clement. Regardless of what happened at Derby I think he has a big future in the game.

Or perhaps consider promotion from within? Paul Trollope?

Also second Gringo's call to bring in Osian Roberts as some kind of consultant. Who better than to help recruit coaching staff from top to bottom? Then an ideal could possibly be to always promote from within.

Don't want that scumbag Dutch Ray anywhere near our club. We need to build relations with everyone among the Welsh FA and International staff (and hopefully tap up some Welsh internationals now and then). Surprised by the clamor for him on here.
    Last edited by Blue in the Face; 02-05-16 at 12:56.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    You're all heart

CANTON has reopened, with some new ale's as well.
    See you Saturday then

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    I would love Paul Clement. Regardless of what happened at Derby I think he has a big future in the game.

Or perhaps consider promotion from within? Paul Trollope?

Also second Gringo's call to bring in Osian Roberts as some kind of consultant. Who better than to help recruit coaching staff from top to bottom? Then an ideal could possibly be to always promote from within.

Don't want that scumbag Dutch Ray anywhere near our club. We need to build relations with everyone among the Welsh FA and International staff (and hopefully tap up some Welsh internationals now and then). Surprised by the clamor for him on here.
    Verheijen has got a lot of experience, but he isn't half a gobshite, always mouthing off on social media, especially that business just after Gary Speeds funeral.
    Bellars obviously thinks highly of him, professionally at least, so you would expect him to be involved if and when he does get his first job.

Dutch Ray is a complete bellend who'd quickly rub the fans up the wrong way with his massive ego. No thanks.

If appointing Bellamy is a risk, what the hell was appointing Russell Slade? Suicide?

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Verheijen has got a lot of experience, but he isn't half a gobshite, always mouthing off on social media, especially that business just after Gary Speeds funeral.
    Bellars obviously thinks highly of him, professionally at least, so you would expect him to be involved if and when he does get his first job.
    Think you may be right. If so, that's reason enough to rule out Bellars from the job for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    If appointing Bellamy is a risk, what the hell was appointing Russell Slade? Suicide?
    No Slade is the opposite of suicide, he's wrapped us up in cotton wool. We won't be going down under Slade but we won't be going up either, years of mid table obscurity will ensue. I'm in a position where i'd rather roll the dice and take a risk on someone than give Mr Potato head another season.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    All appointments have some sort of risk attached. Slade has been a safe pair of hands though and has done a good job just not good enough to get us promoted.