+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: It's a funny old game

It's a funny old game

A little over two and a half years ago, Doncaster Rovers beat Leicester City 1-0 in a Championship game at the Keepmoat Stadium. The Leicester team that day included Kasper Schmeichel, Wes Morgan, Andy King, Danny Drinkwater, Jeffrey Schlupp and Jamie Vardy. Yesterday, Donny were effectively relegated to League Two after a 3-1 defeat at Crewe Alexandra. Today, the Foxes can claim the Premier League title with a victory at Manchester United.

Re: It's a funny old game

Just reading that if Leicester City win today, it will be the first time for 38 years that a club has won its first top flight title. Just goes to show what a huge achievement it is.

" You kill me Greavesie "

I was thinking the other day of that cruel play off defeat they had at Watford. I thought that they'd find the next season a struggle, as there'd be a hangover from that defeat. Fair play, they proved me wrong, kept faith with Pearson (even though most thought they'd sack him.), won the Championship and the rest is history.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    I was thinking the other day of that cruel play off defeat they had at Watford. I thought that they'd find the next season a struggle, as there'd be a hangover from that defeat. Fair play, they proved me wrong, kept faith with Pearson (even though most thought they'd sack him.), won the Championship and the rest is history.
    I agree Pearsons input both in the promotion season and keeping them up last season shouldn't be forgotten in all of this. Although ironically it was his sacking for a non football related matter that has seen them kick on to possible champions rather than fighting another possible relegation battle.

Hi Dave

Nice to see you back.

In a way.

remind me, what did Person do that was naughty?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    remind me, what did Person do that was naughty?
    Think it was to do with his son (Who was on Leicester's books.), making racial remarks on a club tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    Think it was to do with his son (Who was on Leicester's books.), making racial remarks on a club tour.
    Yes and Pearson didn't / wouldn't sack / publically condemn his own son. So they sacked them both.

Fantastic achievement if they do it, well done Leicester.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Just reading that if Leicester City win today, it will be the first time for 38 years that a club has won its first top flight title. Just goes to show what a huge achievement it is.
    It also shows what a closed shop the premiership has become.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    It also shows what a closed shop the premiership had become.
    Not anymore.