+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Glammy

Glammy

Captain Jacques wins the toss, chooses to bat and then proceeds to score 1 off the first 39 balls. I don't think I ever even saw Rees start so slow. World record?

Re: Glammy

He's managed another over. 1 from 45 balls now. Can he get to the half-century. This is tense.

Edit/Shit jinxed it.

Another poor batting performance.

Followed by another poor bowling performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Another poor batting performance.
    Bowling not much better either

I was discussing Glamorgan before the season started with a mate of mine who goes to all of their home matches and we agreed that we could easily finish bottom of the Championship this season. Our first three matches have had an ominous look to them so far with our top order batting as unreliable as expected (Rudolph has turned up in awful nick, Kettlebrorough wouldn't get in any other team, Bragg, as he always does, starts a season in reasonable form, but, no doubt, will start fading soon and Cooke consistently under performs given the talent he shows in the one day game) and our seam bowling still overly dependent on the aging Hogan.

Yep agree t' other Bob.
    The worrying thing is that we have played three of the weakest sides so far this season and are really struggling.Agree with your analysis. It's only a matter of games before Kettleborough gets dropped for the season. Cooke will keep on getting in and then getting out before posting big scores. Bragg will post a couple more centuries and then go on a long run of low scores.
    Hogan will have some inspirational spells but have no back up at all.

It's going to be a long season.

I think that might be a tad unfair on Cooke. He was pretty much a one trick pony who could hit a straight full ball back over your head and (after, I imagine, a lot of work) he has become a batsman who has a decent first class average.

I think the idea was that we have a plucky young team interspersed with experience. Well unfortunately, apart from Hogan, that experience appears to be Wagg and Rudolph who are unreliable in their own ways.