+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Latest caricatures for Cardiff City Stadium

Latest caricatures for Cardiff City Stadium

New images of City players from SuperTed creator Mike Young

Mike Young has revealed the latest caricatures of Cardiff City players to go up at Cardiff City Stadium.

Posting on his Facebook account Mike said 'Some of the latest of "The Cardiff Greats" for Cardiff City Stadium.'

Craig Bellamy, Peter Whittingham, David Marshall and Kevin McNaughton are the latest players immortalised in cartoon form and join other like Scott Young, Robin Friday, Robert Earnshaw, Jason Perry and Phil Stant who have been the subject of Mike's animators.

C:WindowsTempphp3380.tmp

C:WindowsTempphp5F8F.tmp

C:WindowsTempphp593A.tmp

C:WindowsTempphpB3AA.tmp

Re: Latest caricatures for Cardiff City Stadium

I'll ask my grand-daughter to e-mail her great uncle to ask him what he thinks he's playing at.

Caricaturists like to have a subject with some odd/strange facial feature(s) - like Whitts, for example. How about Malone's distinctly 'pudding basin' hair cut or Dik's 'who-ate-all-the-pies' hamster cheeks?

I can't understand why Robin Friday has been "immortalised" at CCS he was useless. If they want a realistic caricature of him then it needs to be a blank canvas as he was mostly absent/unavailable/AWOL.

There are far more deserving causes who do not appear to have been commemorated, Brian Clark, John Toshack and Peter King do not appear in the OP's list. How about taking Friday down and replacing him with one of those three ?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Pleasing to see Brian Clark there but still see no justification for Robin Friday's inclusion.

Well, I don't like that picture of some greasy looking bloke performing an oral sex act on SuperKev while his mates egg him on.

Robin says

robin.jpg

I think it's the iconic V rather than the player as a legend.

Brian Clark deserves to be on a list of City's greatest but Nathan Blake? Never.

Robin says

robin.jpg

I think it's the iconic V rather than the player as a legend.
    I think the image is quite apt as was the title of the Super Furry Animals single "The Man Don't Give a F*ck". He didn't give a f*ck for Cardiff City or its fans. That sort of attitude doesn't need commemoration -it needs to come down.

Who said Cardiff fans will moan about anything

It's a very iconic moment ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Who said Cardiff fans will moan about anything

It's a very iconic moment ffs
    I wouldn't argue with it being an iconic moment it's just the background of him in Cardiff being someone who mostly couldn't be arsed on the pitch ( when he was available which wasn't often as he missed more games than he played) who eventually walked out on us, his violent assault on a team mate in training and stories of theft from the changing rooms and also his lodgings don't, in my view, add up to the sort of City player that deserves the title "Legend" let alone any form of commemoration.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    I wouldn't argue with it being an iconic moment it's just the background of him in Cardiff being someone who mostly couldn't be arsed on the pitch ( when he was available which wasn't often as he missed more games than he played) who eventually walked out on us, his violent assault on a team mate in training and stories of theft from the changing rooms and also his lodgings don't, in my view, add up to the sort of City player that deserves the title "Legend" let alone any form of commemoration.
    I've often read your repeated rage concerning Robin Friday on here, and I've suddenly had an epiphany.

You're Mark Lawrenson, AREN'T YOU?!

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    I've often read your repeated rage concerning Robin Friday on here, and I've suddenly had an epiphany.

Or Robin Friday shagged his wife without the permission afforded to Super Kev

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post

No, just someone who saw him play and is not fooled by all the myths surrounding him in terms of his stay at Cardiff City ( as many seem to be)

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post

Including Robin Friday's name in the same sentence is besmirching the name of my hero ( Super Kev that is.....)