+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: My reasons for wanting Slade replaced.

My reasons for wanting Slade replaced.

Not because I want to see our club mount a promotion challenge, though that would be great, but to see a Manager that's not afraid to give youth a chance and to play football that's great to watch. I'm sick of the boring dross that we've had to put up with since Dave Jones left and it would be nice to have a striker that can start troubling the 20 goals a season mark. Think the days of Chopra, McCormack and Bothroyd were the last prolific strikers we've had.
    Russell has done the job required and did better than expected this season, but I think it's best the club thank him for what he's done and not renew his contract.

Re: My reasons for wanting Slade replaced.

I think history will be very kind to Slade if he leaves this summer but increasingly not so if the club decides to to keep him on. Personally, I'm not overly fussed with a need for attacking football, it would be nice but as a championship club we would not be able to to keep it up throughout and I'd rather not go through Derby like panic-stations every year or DJ's run of losing games when having fallen behind, but you don't need such a thrilling striker to trouble 20 goals a season and I do not trust Slade's ability to find one or coach one out of the strikers we have.