+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tom Lawrence

Blue in the Face

Tom Lawrence

With Leicester just about scraping Premier League survival this year, it's likely that they might want to off load Tom Lawrence. If affordable, would you want Cardiff to sign him?

Re: Tom Lawrence

Seen very little from him was good on debut and against Holland and poor since

Blue in the Face

Tom has talent and a lot of potential I feel. Needs to play under the right manager who will fill him full of confidence. I like that he's quite versatile and can play in a few positions. It would also be great to start getting Welsh internationals in the Cardiff squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Tom has talent and a lot of potential I feel. Needs to play under the right manager who will fill him full of confidence. I like that he's quite versatile and can play in a few positions. It would also be great to start getting Welsh internationals in the Cardiff squad.
    Young talent that needs more experience around him on the pitch , a Ledley type player where he could look up to and maybe also available next year as he approaches 30 ??

Slade in fact is probably a steady hand in that department rather , than a screaming Pulis or Pearson, technically he looks good so perhaps a Gus Poyet type manager who want to play the ball quickly on the floor from the back and has a bite in the dressing room, is someone that may be the answer to our woes ??

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by herberthuw View Post
    Young talent that needs more experience around him on the pitch , a Ledley type player where he could look up to and maybe also available next year as he approaches 30 ??

Slade in fact is probably a steady hand in that department rather , than a screaming Pulis or Pearson, technically he looks good so perhaps a Gus Poyet type manager who want to play the ball quickly on the floor from the back and has a bite in the dressing room, is someone that may be the answer to our woes ??
    Good point on Poyet, though he may have a problem with team selection with our squad seeing as he has a problem with leaving poo in the dressing room...

Hes crap.

Runs down blind alleys all the time, doesn't score, and only rated some because he happens to be welsh.

Blue in the Face

Not sure how reliable this source is...

Cardiff not interested in Lawrence while 9 other clubs are?

http://insidecardiffcity.co.uk/blueb...for-lawrence/?

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Hes crap.

Runs down blind alleys all the time, doesn't score, and only rated some because he happens to be welsh.
    Is any player who has only featured in the top two British leagues, bar 29 games, and is still only aged 22 crap? He may not be good enough in the long run but clearly has potential that could be tapped into at the right club.

Blue in the Face

According to the Express via the Mail. We are still interested in Tom. Not sure how much credence we can give this.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/footb...Rumours-Gossip

Some clueless people on here. Yes he wasn't great for us, but was any player under Slade? How many times have the people writing "crap" have you seen him play since?

He has been the messiah at Ipswich, the Huws and Lawrence double there is excellent. If it wasn't for Lawrence's goals Ipswich would be in the bottom 5. His movement is first class, and his finishing is now looking natural.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Some clueless people on here. Yes he wasn't great for us, but was any player under Slade? How many times have the people writing "crap" have you seen him play since?

He has been the messiah at Ipswich, the Huws and Lawrence double there is excellent. If it wasn't for Lawrence's goals Ipswich would be in the bottom 5. His movement is first class, and his finishing is now looking natural.
    In the defence of the critics Z, I bumped an old thread here. I prefer keeping old threads going rather than starting new ones.

Would love to get the Huws Lawrence thing going here next year. But think the club may want transfer fee cash for Huws. As a business choice though, if Huws can reach the potential that you and I think he has, it might even make more business sense to hold onto Huws over Whitts as Whitts is a poor investment now we'll never get a fee for him.

If Leicester lose Mahraz, Vardy, Albrighton, and Okazaki next season then lawrence may have a chance to play. however I would like to see him back here and let Warnock bring the best out of him and Huws.