+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: BOGUS texts & E Mails, say your BANK ACCOUNT IS LOCKED ! Anyone?

BOGUS texts & E Mails, say your BANK ACCOUNT IS LOCKED ! Anyone?

Anyone else getting these. ?

Had TWO now, one text and one E Mail, saying my account is locked and to log in my details (ya, I came in on that boat yesterday ), to get it unlocked.

Went to the bank this morning and although they checked everything was ok, they were not interested in the number or site address it came from.

Seems like it is just one of life's hazards, barstewards they are. (the hackers not the bank staff)

PS:--- Heading should read SAYING, can't edit it.
    Last edited by BLUETIT; 03-05-16 at 17:50.

Blog Entries

Re: BOGUS texts & E Mails, say your BANK ACCOUNT IS LOCKED ! Anyone :--------

Thank god you didn't click on anything

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Thank god you didn't click on anything
    If in doubt, switch off

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    If in doubt, switch off
    That's a great rule

Seems to be quite a few of these around these days.

I saw something about one yesterday that came in via text...within a legitimate chain of texts from Barclays bank . Scary.

As older people (who're more susceptible to these cons) pass away, con-men are going to have to come up with better tricks to outsmart the tech-savvy generations of tomorrow.

Went to the bank this morning and although they checked everything was ok, they were not interested in the number or site address it came from.

I'm creased here!!

You went to the bank to tell them.

Superb.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    I'm creased here!!

Superb.
    Leave him alone, he's learning

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    I'm creased here!!

Superb.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

I went to the bank to make sure all me spondula's were still in place.

I've been getting loads of "we've got £millions of lottery money in your name..." or "help me get millions out of my country..." type emails recently.
    Never replied to any of these scams, but my name is on a list somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I've been getting loads of "we've got £millions of lottery money in your name..." or "help me get millions out of my country..." type emails recently.
    Never replied to any of these scams, but my name is on a list somewhere.
    how do u no there scams they cud be teh real deal

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

I went to the bank to make sure all me spondula's were still in place.
    thank god all the money was still there , or the bus would have been £30 next season

I always seem to get loads of these.

Lately I've been getting pervy ones from young Russian ladies asking if I'd like to do 'stuff' to them.

I'm tempted to click on the links just to see if it's Mrs R again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    I always seem to get loads of these.

Lately I've been getting pervy ones from young Russian ladies asking if I'd like to do 'stuff' to them.

I'm tempted to click on the links just to see if it's Mrs R again.
    Why would you need links? don't you still have all those home movies we made in your cellar?

Re: BOGUS texts & E Mails, say your BANK ACCOUNT IS LOCKED ! Anyone?

Anyone else getting these. ?

Had TWO now, one text and one E Mail, saying my account is locked and to log in my details (ya, I came in on that boat yesterday ), to get it unlocked.

Seems like it is just one of life's hazards, barstewards they are. (the hackers not the bank staff)

PS:--- Heading should read SAYING, can't edit it.
    Send me all your details including passwords and I will check it out for you Tony.