+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: the rise of ukip

the rise of ukip

not so long ago, they was seen as a minority party, a watered down version of the bnp in many peoples eyes , yet at the last election polled more than 4 million votes and have taken over from the wishy washy liberals as the third main party in this country , even though they they are not represented in parliament by the same number of mp,s a disgrace in many peoples eyes.

as elections come and go now, they are finishing second and third in many areas of the country , in front of the tories and labour in many areas, because voting labour or tory nowadays is virtually the same thing

how long will it be before the country decide that enough is enough, and radical changes need to be made which labour or the tories will never provide ?

Re: the rise of ukip

Whilst it saddens me that there is a growing number of thick racists in our country, thankfully there is still enough people who see UKIP for what they are.

Just got their first seats in gogland.

Was reassured when I woke up to see no UKIP seats, just announced north Wales and they have 2.

How any Welsh person can vote for what is essentially an English nationalist party is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Bear View Post
    Just got their first seats in gogland.

Was reassured when I woke up to see no UKIP seats, just announced north Wales and they have 2.
    And two in Newport just now.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    And two in Newport just now.
    Probably more Monmouth than Newport to give the smelly city a chance.

It looks set to be a baffling night all round: how can the Scottish Tories become the SNP's main opposition when they have spent the past number of years backing the SNP and how can UKIP rise in Wales, especially Cardiff Central, when it offers so little to the country?

23k votesfor UKIP and 1 seat in Swansea

I am going back to sleep, this is a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    How any Welsh person can vote for what is essentially an English nationalist party is beyond me.
    Shows how much appetite there is for Welsh nationalism. Once again, despite huge apathy for Labour and the Tories, Plaid make very few inroads.

I keep reading this nonsense but what evidence is there to suggest they are an English national party?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    I keep reading this nonsense but what evidence is there to suggest they are an English national party?
    Their entire ideology is one of 'British nationalism'. Except, for Ukip, Britishness = Englishness.
    http://bpi.sagepub.com/content/16/2/251

Brilliant quote from Neil Hamilton on GMTV this morning, something like:

"I'm Welsh through and through - if you cut me open I'd be like a stick of Blackpool rock".

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Shows how much appetite there is for Welsh nationalism. Once again, despite huge apathy for Labour and the Tories, Plaid make very few inroads.
    This is the stock answer we will see from politicians later when being interviewed on TV,
    Question "how do you explain the poor showing from your party last night?"
    Answer "We did far better than x, y, z, they had a terrible night" and totally avoid why their own party did shit.

you do realize 30% of the welsh population is not welsh.
    we have a large amount of english fleeing their own country and bringing their bias with them...

Quote Originally Posted by whatever!! View Post
    you do realize 30% of the welsh population is not welsh.
    we have a large amount of english fleeing their own country and bringing their bias with them...
    Post count 1, welcome Ninners, no need for a name-change

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Post count 1, welcome Ninners, no need for a name-change
    actually not Ninners. post count 1 because I couldn't be arsed sorting out my old log on cos this site is now sh@t.
    Been here since 1999, which I expect MM could confirm given my unique logon location.
    your not exactly a veteran!!

and, you don't dispute my post, just ridicule..which says a lot.

Neil Hamilton...
    Neil ****ing Hamilton...
    Jesus wept.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever!! View Post
    actually not Ninners. post count 1 because I couldn't be arsed sorting out my old log on cos this site is now sh@t.
    Been here since 1999, which I expect MM could confirm given my unique logon location.
    your not exactly a veteran!!

and, you don't dispute my post, just ridicule..which says a lot.
    Why would I dispute your post, my wife is one of them terrible English people that your post alludes to and now having lived in Wales longer than she lived in England, she is biased, she loves Wales however, is and always has been a liberal, I did ask her to vote PC yesterday but she chose to maintain what she sees as loyalty to David Steel, I cannot work it out either!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    shows how much appetite there is for change.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Why would I dispute your post, my wife is one of them terrible English people that your post alludes to and now having lived in Wales longer than she lived in England, she is biased, she loves Wales however, is and always has been a liberal, I did ask her to vote PC yesterday but she chose to maintain what she sees as loyalty to David Steel, I cannot work it out either!!
    my response was about welsh people supposedly voting for english parties.
    there are an awful lot of non welsh in wales who would not consider voting for pc because they are not welsh..but would vote or an english nationalist party...im sure your wife is a lovely person..i'm not attacking her, just pointing out a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    They absolutely started as such. But they were very quick to react to the large number of people voted for them in Wales. They have made sure wales are more inclusive since. And with todays vote they will make sure they focus even more on wales.

Wales is now the home of UKIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    They absolutely started as such. But they were very quick to react to the large number of people voted for them in Wales. They have made sure wales are more inclusive since. And with todays vote they will make sure they focus even more on wales.

Wales is now the home of UKIP.
    indeed

parties often slightly tweek policies to accommodate others

I see the UKIP as a nationalistic party, afterall, the clue is in the title, UKIP

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    So are you saying that every person who votes UKIP is racist ?
    Maybe people who vote for them - want to be out of the EU, or maybe would like to control immigration ?
    That doesnt make them racist.
    not according to the CCMB rules, if you ever question immigration, you are automatically a fully paid up member of the BNP / KKK etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    not according to the CCMB rules, if you ever question immigration, you are automatically a fully paid up member of the BNP / KKK etc etc
    This without a doubt.

edit: Or you are an English person who has moved over the border.

Their entire ideology is one of 'British nationalism'. Except, for Ukip, Britishness = Englishness.
    http://bpi.sagepub.com/content/16/2/251
    UKIP Wales has it's own policies specific to Wales. They actually share a lot of views with Plaid Cymru believe it or not. They will shake things up down the Bay. What "English nationalist" appeared in their Manifesto for the senedd? Please enlighten me.

It really sticks in Plaid Cymru supporters craw that UKIP are so successful in Wales, seven seats, wow.