+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: the rise of ukip

Re: the rise of ukip

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    UKIP support abolishing the Severn bridge toll, something I am sure you will agree will benefit South Wales.

Wales performs the worst out of the four countries of the union in a plethora of sectors. I am not saying my vote was correct (Tories, not UKIP) but Carwyn and Welsh labour have presided over failure after failure down the bay and enough is enough. After 17 years of one government surely it's time for change.

Answer me this, why do some of the poorest areas of the UK vote Labour time and time again only to see their areas and lives get worse and worse. Grow a back bone, be brave, do something different and see what happens. Be it UKIP, Plaid or the Greens give someone else a go or continue to be a sheep like your forefathers before you and get shat on from ever greater heights.
    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...ly-lib-9174731 - in which the Lib Dems (not the Tories) state they will abolish the Seven Bridge payments.

The general view of the pundits was Labour over the last term have met their targets promised in the previous election, but those targets were overly safe and did not necessarily mean success. It may be time for a change but that doesn't mean voting for a change that makes your life worse.

Yes female genital mutilation, gang related gun and knife crime, peadophile rings, sharia law and the driving down of wages for those who work in construction sounds absolutely bloody great to me too.
    Have you heard of the Krays? Brady? Saville? Michael Ryan? Shipman? Huntley? Sutcliffe?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Have you heard of the Krays? Brady? Saville? Michael Ryan? Shipman? Huntley? Sutcliffe?
    Yes, little we can do about them, they were born here and not imported.

No I am not saying that I am just saying there is an ugly side to mass controlled immigration and "multiculturalism" and it's not all hunk dory. I don't read either of those publications I am speaking from experience.

I agree with you that most immigrants come here to improve their lives but the tiny % of those that come here and play havoc make the people who already live heres lives worse.
    Your experience of...

- Having your vagina mutilated?
    - Having Sharia law imposed upon you?
    - Being raped as a child by a Pakistani man?

I am afraid you come across as yet another disingenuous xenophobe, your arguments against immigration appear to me to be convenient excuses (because you don't really like the idea of the faces on your street changing shade) rather than rational arguments -

'Oh you say Muslim women (usually children) are being forced into having disgusting and painful amateur surgery performed on their private parts?'

'Yes that is right, awful isn't it, we should legislate and educate to prevent this from happening shouldn't we?'

'Nope, tell them to **** off'

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Your experience of...

I am afraid you come across as yet another disingenuous xenophobe, your arguments against immigration appear to me to be convenient excuses (because you don't really like the idea of the faces on your street changing shade) rather than rational arguments -

'Oh you say Muslim women (usually children) are being forced into having disgusting and painful amateur surgery performed on their private parts?'

'Yes that is right, awful isn't it, we should legislate and educate to prevent this from happening shouldn't we?'

"Speaking from experience" Then man speaks to a British Pakistani about it in a patronising way

Do you even know how it feels for an immgrant to be here? How proud they are? Ppl even PRAY to be here and to have nationality. Why punish these people who want to be here so badly just coz of a very small minority. It is their dream

Your experience of...

I understand the need for immigration I am just sick of reading people like you telling everyone how wonderful "multiculturalism" is whilst completely turning a blind eye to some of the negative impacts that immigration brings.

Also I am pretty sure there is legislation and education to prevent such things happening right now.

'Nope, best we turn a blind eye in the name of racial harmony'

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    Do you even know how it feels for an immgrant to be here? How proud they are? Ppl even PRAY to be here and to have nationality. Why punish these people who want to be here so badly just coz of a very small minority. It is their dream
    It was my dream to own a ferrari and shag Jennifer Lopez, I shagged J-Lo but I am yet to own a ferrari.

It was my dream to own a ferrari and shag Jennifer Lopez, I shagged J-Lo but I am yet to own a ferrari.
    You are taking this lightly. You dont know how much potential immigrants want to be here. Why should the actions of a very small minority stop them

Ok, so name me a Pakistani/Polish/other immigrant mass murderer/pedophile/child killer

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    This chat made me put my dreams into perspective compared to immigrants. In their eyes, when I was born, I made it. Weird how we take things for granted

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Ok, so name me a Pakistani/Polish/other immigrant mass murderer/pedophile/child killer
    Pakistani grooming gangs in Rotherham and elsewhere.

I really didn't want to get embroiled in an immigration debate, I actually recognise the need for immigrants and that the vast majority are law abiding people. Just very tired reading people saying that there are no negatives to mass uncontrolled immigration, their is a very ugly side to it.

I understand the need for immigration I am just sick of reading people like you telling everyone how wonderful "multiculturalism" is whilst completely turning a blind eye to some of the negative impacts that immigration brings.

Also I am pretty sure there is legislation and education to prevent such things happening right now.

'Nope, best we turn a blind eye in the name of racial harmony'
    That is the whole point though isn't it. The reason you hear about these things is because society deems them (correctly in my opinion) to be wrong. Lots of things are wrong and still happen, we have to work TOGETHER to make sure they don't. Rather than just sit there and pretend that all Muslims are evil and all evil people are Muslims. Clearly there are issues around immigration in terms of pure numbers and integration but using sensational events as an example of typical behaviour is just plain unfair and wrong. If we want the Muslim community as a whole to become more and more moderate then alienation is not the answer.

I really didn't want to get embroiled in an immigration debate, I actually recognise the need for immigrants and that the vast majority are law abiding people. Just very tired reading people saying that there are no negatives to mass uncontrolled immigration, their is a very ugly side to it.
    Okay, just one last thing then before you go. Can you give an example of someone saying that?

Tbh you obviously cant see from the perspective of the immigrant

Okay, just one last thing then before you go. Can you give an example of someone saying that?
    Read any nonsense spouted by Adz about not understanding Pakistani culture and problems being exaggerated.

Read any nonsense spouted by Adz about not understanding Pakistani culture and problems being exaggerated.
    'Nonsense' thats whitesplaining to a whole new level

'Nonsense' thats whitesplaining to a whole new level
    What you are saying is not correct because you are a British Pakistani, it really isn't, despite what you believe.

Also interesting you assume I am white, I haven't mentioned my race once?

What you are saying is not correct because you are a British Pakistani, it really isn't, despite what you believe.

Also interesting you assume I am white, I haven't mentioned my race once?
    Who the **** are you to talk to me about my community in a condesending manner?

So you can't name any then.

For what it's worth, I understand that hose found guilty were born here, so according to you "there's nothing we can do about that"

The point I was making earlier, was that if you're concerned about being murdered, abused, beaten up on the street or robbed, then you'd better watch out for those British born white blokes, theyve got form.

Who the **** are you to talk to me about my community in a condesending manner?
    Who the **** are you to talk about mine? Or assume what race I am.

The recent "what do British Muslims really think?" programme should have stopped us dismissing concerns about immigration as xenophobic and stopped us thinking that there are no difficulties when it comes to integration. It doesn't mean that immigration isn't worth it or that UKIP have any policies which will benefit Wales.

Who the **** are you to talk about mine? Or assume what race I am.
    What are you on? Talking bullshit again... bare crazy

What are you on? Talking bullshit again... bare crazy
    You said I was whitesplaining whatever that means, I may not be white. Not that it matters what race I am. You then told me to stop commenting on your culture whilst I am pretty sure you comment on other cultures.