+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: the rise of ukip

Re: the rise of ukip

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He would tie you up in knots , he's probably having a cuppa
    No, Splodge, it's because he has no answer whatsoever to what I have said.

A little like you actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    No, Splodge, it's because he has no answer whatsoever to what I have said.

A little like you actually.
    Yet you come out with answers, accurate replies and educated responses on a regular basis. I am in awe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    As abhorrent as it is to yourself and others,
    what have the other lot done for, in your words, for the Jeremy Kyle fan club ?
    perhaps the Jeremy Kyle fan club have voted for UKIP on other issues other than your perception, I haven't seen the interview.
    I'm glad I live in a society where everyone is entitled to vote. Do you think that individuals should be denied a right to vote because they voted for UKIP ?, I am presuming that your post is based on the racism issue?, apologies if I have misinterpreted, I actually thought that racism was outlawed in the U.K and thus if UKIP were deemed to be a racist party then they would be outlawed, but just like about any law in this country, it's murky and clouded and can be read however you want to read it, surely the best way to deal with UKIP is for the so called main stream parties to get their own acts together, then these fringe based parties will dissapear, I also despair, but my despair is from the, having put up with the two party cartel for 55 years watching the rich get richer whilst the the Jeremy Kyle fan club has been swept into the gutter, the despair has driven me to PC!!!!!!.
    No, I think some people should be denied a vote because they're stupid. Give me a rationale reason why you, or anyone lose, voted for whichever party they vote for and you won't get an argument from me, but in my opinion, large swathes of the British public will vote for whatever party last nights chip wrapper told them to.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    No, I think some people should be denied a vote because they're stupid. Give me a rationale reason why you, or anyone lose, voted for whichever party they vote for and you won't get an argument from me, but in my opinion, large swathes of the British public will vote for whatever party last nights chip wrapper told them to.
    Impossible, though I can understand where you're coming from.

The problem is that we can all probably have our own definition of what we regard as idiots politically (Elysium, cough), but because we all have different opinions, there is technically no such thing as a stupid voter (apart from Elysium).

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

The problem is that we can all probably have our own definition of what we regard as idiots politically (Elysium, cough), but because we all have different opinions, there is technically no such thing as a stupid voter (apart from Elysium).
    You are the stupid one politically, son, not me.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    By the time the next Welsh Assembly comes around you will have had 21 YEARS of Labour - dont even you think we need a change ? , Welsh Labour dont a toss about Welsh people as they know full well they can do what they want - feck as many things up as they want and they will STILL be voted back in.

Reckless has a brain , not sure about Hamilton. Edwina Hutt and Jane Hart are 2 of the most dullest people I have ever seen in Welsh politics - and the list for that accolade is a quite long.

Just like people on here say they despise ukip voters (I was not one of those voters) - I despair of the welsh voting electorate , what was it a 43% turn out and they all , like sheep vote Labour because they always have done.
    Do you think the Tories give a toss about us?

Christ, I even had a letter through my door from David Cameron (key marginal see) banging on about how Labour cannot be trusted to run the NHS in Wales! I mean SERIOUSLY???

Regular followers of my political post will know I'm no Labourite, but I voted for the person who has demonstrated to me that she actually cares about the people in our constituency, rather than the party she's a member of.

Oh I agree it's impossible.
    It's the same thing with the EU referendum. Leading economists and academics can't agree on which would be best for the country, I for one certainly don't feel qualified to make a decision on such an important issue, but ultimately our futures and our children's futures are about to be decided on by sun readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    British people want a passionless posh sounding, posh looking guy telling us what to think.
    Really?

"We need to worry about the people we've got not let more in"

I despair
    so UKIP voters are idiots because they just voted UKIP because they were not labour ( according to some on here )

Yet you have nailed why ( we suspect ) a fair % voted UKIP, immigration

We all know why UKIP will do well, the immigration issues, they shout the loudest about it and it will tick the box of some voters, of course if they didnt have the " racist " tag, then i wonder if more would vote

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    vote for someone who best represents your views, and if there's nobody who's close (which I highly doubt given the range of parties standing in every seat) then spoil your ballot. but go in and use your vote.

On a side note, you are wrong. I thought my political views were pretty clear on here haha, clearly not.
    Suppose there are 5 issues of concern to me (immigration, the NHS, sovereignty etc) for which I have pro- and anti- stances. There are 2 to the power 5 combinations = 32. Thus there would need to be 32 different options to reflect everyone's position accurately in an election. How many seats had 32 candidates? ...

I give you your new AM "Mr Spoiled Ballot". My point stands - UKIP are over-represented.

You really are an abhorrent individual for making personal comments such as that.

You really are an abhorrent individual for making personal comments such as that.
    Oh dear. Never knew you had a sense of humour bypass. Actually, I did.

Oh dear. Never knew you had a sense of humour bypass. Actually, I did.
    No sense of humour bypass. Why did you pick on me individually, that's, that's all?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    so UKIP voters are idiots because they just voted UKIP because they were not labour ( according to some on here )

Yet you have nailed why ( we suspect ) a fair % voted UKIP, immigration

We all know why UKIP will do well, the immigration issues, they shout the loudest about it and it will tick the box of some voters, of course if they didnt have the " racist " tag, then i wonder if more would vote
    No, that's not what I said.

I merely commented based on the people interviewed on Wales Today from the streets of Torfaen. Personally I wouldn't let them decide what to have for their supper, never mind who their next am or mp should be.

No, that's not what I said.

I merely commented based on the people interviewed on Wales Today from the streets of Torfaen. Personally I wouldn't let them decide what to have for their supper, never mind who their next am or mp should be.

i didnt say you said that, notice my " ( according to some on here ) "

still doesnt change the fact that they voted UKIP for one likely reason

No sense of humour bypass. Why did you pick on me individually, that's, that's all?
    Sorry. How's the treatment for paranoia going?

i didnt say you said that, notice my " ( according to some on here ) "

still doesnt change the fact that they voted UKIP for one likely reason
    Ok. But yes, you're right.

UKIP are the politics of fear.

This is what's wrong with your life.
    This is how it's going to get worse.
    These are who are to blame.

I'm a good bloke who likes a pint just like you and I'm the one who's going to sort it all out, please vote for me.

Ok. But yes, you're right.

UKIP are the politics of fear.

This is what's wrong with your life.
    This is how it's going to get worse.
    These are who are to blame.

I'm a good bloke who likes a pint just like you and I'm the one who's going to sort it all out, please vote for me.
    isnt that what the old labour party used to do though ? ? ?

the working man etc etc etc they seem to have gone now and someone will fill that void

isnt that what the old labour party used to do though ? ? ?

the working man etc etc etc they seem to have gone now and someone will fill that void
    Maybe.

I just find it strange that the good people of Torfaen, hardly the cultural melting pot of London, Birmingham or Leciseter, have somehow come to the conclusion that the reason they can't get to see a doctor, teacher or get a job is because of a group of Syrian immigrants (has any of us actually seen anyone from Syria yet?) who are hell bent on taking our jobs/clogging up our hospitals/blowing us up.

Ether Farage and his henchmen have pulled off a master stroke of indoctrination, or are appealing to latent, and hitherto unexpressed, racist tendencies.

Either way, it all seems a bit 1930's Germany to me,

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Do you seriously think the likes of Neil Hamilton and Mark Reckless give a toss about Welsh people? Seriously?
    Not a fan of Hamilton at all but Reckless is a good man. He's was an MP for the Conservatives in Kent and very well educated, he will be great for Wales.

I can't see how the low calibre of labour AMs is being overlooked by the same people who are questioning the calibre of Mark Reckless just because of the party he represents. I am thrilled that Leighton Andrews has gone, poisonous little man. Vaughn Gething is a creep, Drakeford is useless as is Jane Hutt and don't get me started on that quack Carl Sargeant. The debates are just tragic at the moment. Reckless is by far a better politician than all these people.

On a side note I am interested to see Neil Mcevoy elected, I can only imagine they will need to make the doors bigger down the bay just to fit is massive ego through the doors although I gather he ran an excellent campaign that pissed the Labour party off.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    Not a fan of Hamilton at all but Reckless is a good man. He's was an MP for the Conservatives in Kent and very well educated, he will be great for Wales.

I can't see how the low calibre of labour AMs is being overlooked by the same people who are questioning the calibre of Mark Reckless just because of the party he represents. I am thrilled that Leighton Andrews has gone, poisonous little man. Vaughn Gething is a creep, Drakeford is useless as is Jane Hutt and don't get me started on that quack Carl Sargeant. The debates are just tragic at the moment. Reckless is by far a better politician than all these people.

On a side note I am interested to see Neil Mcevoy elected, I can only imagine they will need to make the doors bigger down the bay just to fit is massive ego through the doors although I gather he ran an excellent campaign that pissed the Labour party off.
    On 1 Feb 2012:
    Mark Reckless voted against those who have been ill or disabled since their youth recieving Employment and Support Allowance on the same basis as if they had made sufficient National Insurance contributions to qualify for a contribution based allowance.

On 1 Feb 2012:
    Mark Reckless voted not to make an exception for those with a cancer diagnosis or undergoing cancer treatment from the 365 day limit on receiving contribution based Employment and Support Allowance.

On 9 Mar 2011:
    Mark Reckless voted to introduce Universal Credit and Personal Independence Payments and to restrict housing benefit for those in social housing deemed to have excess bedrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Suppose there are 5 issues of concern to me (immigration, the NHS, sovereignty etc) for which I have pro- and anti- stances. There are 2 to the power 5 combinations = 32. Thus there would need to be 32 different options to reflect everyone's position accurately in an election. How many seats had 32 candidates? ...

I give you your new AM "Mr Spoiled Ballot". My point stands - UKIP are over-represented.
    light the touchpaper and stand back eh.

its no coincidence that votes for ukip have gone through the roof, when you look at the state of the two main parties in britain who could not run a bath between them

ukip are certainly under represented in parliament, and by the time the next general election comes along , they will be ukip mp,s crashing through the westminster doors in droves.

many people have had enough of the two tier system in this country, which basically changes absolutely nothing, they just cancel each other out every 4 or 5 years.

On 1 Feb 2012:
    Mark Reckless voted against those who have been ill or disabled since their youth recieving Employment and Support Allowance on the same basis as if they had made sufficient National Insurance contributions to qualify for a contribution based allowance.

On 1 Feb 2012:
    Mark Reckless voted not to make an exception for those with a cancer diagnosis or undergoing cancer treatment from the 365 day limit on receiving contribution based Employment and Support Allowance.

On 9 Mar 2011:
    Mark Reckless voted to introduce Universal Credit and Personal Independence Payments and to restrict housing benefit for those in social housing deemed to have excess bedrooms.
    Great work TH63. Speaks volumes about Reckless.

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    light the touchpaper and stand back eh.

its no coincidence that votes for ukip have gone through the roof, when you look at the state of the two main parties in britain who could not run a bath between them

ukip are certainly under represented in parliament, and by the time the next general election comes along , they will be ukip mp,s crashing through the westminster doors in droves.

many people have had enough of the two tier system in this country, which basically changes absolutely nothing, they just cancel each other out every 4 or 5 years.
    We will see. I think you are going to be very disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    We will see. I think you are going to be very disappointed.
    i think by the time the next election comes along, nationalism will be rife in many parts of the country , the immigration problem will not go away, and as been out of control for many years now.
    Last edited by chris; 06-05-16 at 23:27.