+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: the rise of ukip

Re: the rise of ukip

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    Whilst perhaps you could tell us why you continue to vote Labour, maybe.
    I live in a safe Tory seat and voted Lib Dem in the Police Commissioner election and Green in the Town Council election. Did you manage to learn how to draw an X in time for Thursday?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Well maybe you could tell us why you chose to vote Conservative as opposed to UKIP
    A number of reasons why I gave UKIP the cold shoulder this time round, mainly because I didn't agree with the fact that they brought in Hamilton and Reckless over hard working potential local candidates. Another reason is that I am unsure of where UKIP are heading post June 23rd.

I like Andrew RT Davies, he did well in the debates and quite frankly I had little common ground with the other parties.

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    i am saying that certain areas of britain are no go areas for certain sections of society

many of the immigrants that come to britain do not wish to integrate into british culture, and form there own areas from that ethnic group. the reality is many dislike interference from outside. racial tension will spread across britain if the the continuous flood of immigrants is not controlled.
    If you are voting UKIP it makes me question the type of people that it attracts. I have very real questions about the immigration policy in this country but I wouldnt want to be associated with the likes of yourself.

Chris. You still haven't answered my question about how we fund our ever growing elderly population with our shrinking indigenous workforce

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    A number of reasons why I gave UKIP the cold shoulder this time round, mainly because I didn't agree with the fact that they brought in Hamilton and Reckless over hard working potential local candidates. Another reason is that I am unsure of where UKIP are heading post June 23rd.

I like Andrew RT Davies, he did well in the debates and quite frankly I had little common ground with the other parties.
    Fair enough. I think the 'major' parties have a massive problem on their hands if we vote remain. It will be pretty easy for UKIP to hoover up a large section of the disenfranchised 'leavers'.

Yes I agree with that Eric. It certainly will not be the end of UKIP if we remain in the EU. However their Council results in England were nothing special.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Chris. You still haven't answered my question about how we fund our ever growing elderly population with our shrinking indigenous workforce
    Stop paying pensions.

Coming to a family near you very soon.

UKIP support abolishing the Severn bridge toll, something I am sure you will agree will benefit South Wales.

Wales performs the worst out of the four countries of the union in a plethora of sectors. I am not saying my vote was correct (Tories, not UKIP) but Carwyn and Welsh labour have presided over failure after failure down the bay and enough is enough. After 17 years of one government surely it's time for change.

Answer me this, why do some of the poorest areas of the UK vote Labour time and time again only to see their areas and lives get worse and worse. Grow a back bone, be brave, do something different and see what happens. Be it UKIP, Plaid or the Greens give someone else a go or continue to be a sheep like your forefathers before you and get shat on from ever greater heights.
    So, eventually you come up with a beneficial policy.

Unfortunately it's not in the gift of the WAG to do anything about the bridge tolls. It will be for Westminster to decide what happens to them when they return to public ownership c. 2018. The issue may or may not be devolved in the future so basically another UKIP policy that is, in reality, a complete load of bollocks.

More immigrants will sort it out?

ANy downside you can see to that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Stop paying pensions.

Coming to a family near you very soon.
    Long term you do have to wonder whether this will happen.

Yes I agree with that Eric. It certainly will not be the end of UKIP if we remain in the EU. However their Council results in England were nothing special.
    True, I imagine people got sick of hearing how we needed to leave the EU for their potholes to be fixed or their rubbish collected efficiently. I think Wales was their big prize this time and they did okay.

I had major surgery as a child, bad back, bad knees, family riddled with dementia. I would rather take a generous pension at 60 and be put to sleep at 75 than cling on bedbound shitting myself paying 5 grand (or expecting the next generation to) a month for someone on minimum wage to talk to me like a child.

Unfortunately that is an option that the world doesn't appear to be ready for.

More immigrants will sort it out?

ANy downside you can see to that?
    Of course. More immigrants will provide the necessary workforce that we need. The vast majority come here to work.
    Downside? Nope I am in favour of live and let live. London is a great City and has benefitted from being so multi cultural. As an economy we will adapt to a greater population. We always do.

I don't like the fact he's pontificating to me and others who we should elect when he doesn't live here.
    Wales is still his country tho and UKIP comment about immigration, when the vast majority of its supporters/voters/members dont know much as it

100% .Stakeholder pensions are the first step. Do you remember work place pensions were voluntary? It is now compulsory to offer pension, next step it will be compulsory to have one.

I am old enough to think I may get a state pension, anyone in their 30s and below wont.

multi culturalism

what a load of bollux, wait till the riots start , its called trying to accomodate too many people without the resources to do it.
    Biggest shitposter talking

Riots? For real? Immigrants contribute more than they take

you fund the ever growing ageing population, by creating jobs that pay a living wage , and not employing immigrants on subsistence wages that this country as been doing for many years now . the wages for many jobs in this country have not increased for many years due to the fact that employers can employ overseas workers for far less money.

many of the skilled workers in this country, work abroad due to many of the main industries been dismantled by successive governments if you want low pay and menial jobs you can fill your boots with the rest of eastern europe and whoever else wants to come here.

100% .Stakeholder pensions are the first step. Do you remember work place pensions were voluntary? It is now compulsory to offer pension, next step it will be compulsory to have one.

I am old enough to think I may get a state pension, anyone in their 30s and below wont.
    Correct, the state pension will certainly disappear over the next 20-40 years and it could be any political party that foes awAy with it at any point in time. Equally the NHS will also be gone in its current guise and again, it will not necessarily be tend Conservatives that swing the axe.

The times they are a changing. Get used to it folks.

So why are you not blaming the employers for paying the low wages in the first place?
    Secondly if it wasn't for immigration our NHS would collapse.We are very lucky to have so many skilled people coming to this country.We have not had to pay their education. Thousands of doctors and nurses have come here fully qualified and ready to work.

Your argument doesn't stack up. Our own indigenous workforce is shrinking. Our elderly population is growing. Increasing pay to a living wage is nowhere near enough to fund our ageing population. Do you want as state pension when you retire?
    Last edited by Pearcey3; 08-05-16 at 20:30.

I hope you are wrong because for many low paid workers their occupational pensions won't amount to much. However I do agree it is a clear possibility.

Ninianclark. At least you accept we need immigration. I don't agree that preference should be given to EU workers over others btw

So why are you not blaming the employers for paying the low wages in the first place?
    Secondly if it wasn't for immigration our NHS would collapse.We are very lucky to have so many skilled people coming to this country.We have not had to pay their education. Thousands of doctors and nurses have come here fully qualified and ready to work.

Your argument doesn't stack up. Our own indigenous workforce is shrinking. Our elderly population is growing. Increasing pay to a living wage is nowhere near enough to fund our ageing population. Do you want as state pension when you retire?
    as been previously said a state pension wont exist in 20 years, too many taking out of the pot and not enough putting in and that includes all these marvellous immigrants that have saved our country.

the difference today is many people cannot afford pensions on six quid an hour they have to live for today and not worry about tomorrow because many of the decent jobs that paid a pension and had longevity are long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Pearcey - I have a friend who works at the Heath in childrens health, they cant the certain people they want , who have specific skills because they are NOT in the EU - they are American.

We need immigration - just not ANY immigration - if you understand that.
    of course they understand that, they just choose to ignore it

we all know the type of immigration Chris is talking about, its the unskilled who head over here from the free flat / bedsit / room and a few quid in benefits, we al know what Chris means

the skilled people who can provide something to the UK and will work and pay tax are welcome IF we need that specific skill / trade

as been previously said a state pension wont exist in 20 years, too many taking out of the pot and not enough putting in and that includes all these marvellous immigrants that have saved our country.

the difference today is many people cannot afford pensions on six quid an hour they have to live for today and not worry about tomorrow because many of the decent jobs that paid a pension and had longevity are long gone.
    I agree with your second point. Your first point sort of contradicts it though because low paid workers will find it very difficult to survive if they have to exist just in their occupational pensions It will take a brave Government to end the state pension. However the current pension system is unsustainable if life expectancy continues to rise. My gut feeling is that there will still be a state pension but that if wil! be means tested rather than available to all.

What do you think will happen to possibly millions of people with no pensions?

Do you think there will be millions of old bids living on the streets with no money?

I can't see it myself.