+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Would Craig Bellamy as head-coach reconnect the club with disenfranchised fans?

Would Craig Bellamy as head-coach reconnect the club with disenfranchised fans?

It's hardly the prerequisite for hiring a coach, but I wouldn't put it past Vincent Tan's vanity and need to feel loved.

Banned

Re: Would Craig Bellamy as head-coach reconnect the club with disenfranchised fans?

No.

Re: Would Craig Bellamy as head-coach reconnect the club with disenfranchised fans?

Can you use smaller words please, as it's Sunday and my head hurts.

The fact that "Craig Bellamy" as a name would be head coach would of course generate short term boost in interest in the club but this would inevitably wane within the first 2 months.

However I do think Bellamy (if you take his name out of the equation) has what it takes as a football thinker to change the brand of football on offer and make us an exciting proposition once again and that is what will draw people back through the turnstiles.

I don't the majority of south wales can be tickled by a fist pump or someone who believes that a 0-0 draw against Rotherham home is a good result.

I know that Bellamy would put his heart and soul into the job and that he would strive to bring an attacking brand of football with pace and flair.

He would reconnect the first team with the Academy which has been missing for took long.

There are definitely other men who could do a good job at this club but I honestly believe that Bellamy is the perfect fit for us now.

After the Solkskjaer debacle, I'd much rather we appointed somebody with experience and achievement at this level, or who is up-and-coming rather than take a complete punt on Bellamy.

Maybe not the ones Bellamy screamed 'f@@k off' to 😄

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Maybe not the ones Bellamy screamed 'f@@k off' to ��
    And there's plenty of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Richardson View Post
    It's hardly the prerequisite for hiring a coach, but I wouldn't put it past Vincent Tan's vanity and need to feel loved.
    No

would we want him to ? ? ?

afterall, the car parking will get to be a issue, the queues to get in the ground would be a pain with the extra 15 thousand fans returning

Oh and more importantly, what would fill this place up ? ? ? i couldnt stand no more " I left and will not return till ...... " posts

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    No.
    You're clearly a Robbie Page kind of guy?

No, we can't afford anymore chancers at the club, we need someone with experience at this level.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Richardson View Post
    You're clearly a Robbie Page kind of guy?

Who?

No

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    No
    And to answer your question - yes he would