+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Whittingham

Re: Whittingham

Given the recent comments about stats I expect that Whitts is still one of our most productive players, and defensively he seems to be the one to make the professional foul time after time.

No one is saying he is the same player that scored 10+goals a season but his role at this club has changed and he still has much to offer. It may be the case that it some games it will be more beneficial to have a younger, quicker alternative but the fact that Whitts doesn't contribute as much in those games is as much the manager's responsibility as his.

He has a decent chance of finishing in our top 5 appearances and top 5 goal scorers and people will still be saying "he doesn't offer enough any more".

Making the professional foul hardly makes a case for his defensive ability-on most occasions it has been because he has been out paced.

Blue in the Face

Can Paulk get the most out of Whitts?

He doesn't suit 4-4-2 at all these days for me. Can a 5-3-2 or a 4-2-3-1 formation better bring out the best in Whitts?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Can Paulk get the most out of Whitts?

He doesn't suit 4-4-2 at all these days for me. Can a 5-3-2 or a 4-2-3-1 formation better bring out the best in Whitts?
    Yes. He is still the best fooballer at the club. They should shape the team around his strengths not try and winkle him into a position that doesnt suit.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Yes. He is still the best fooballer at the club. They should shape the team around his strengths not try and winkle him into a position that doesnt suit.
    Agree. Coleman played a formation to get the most out of his best players. Hodgson shoehorned his players into a fashionable 4-2-3-1.

I know which I prefer.

Anyone who says Whitts should go should consider watching another sport. Because sure as hell they nothing about football.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Agree. Coleman played a formation to get the most out of his best players. Hodgson shoehorned his players into a fashionable 4-2-3-1.

I know which I prefer.
    No he didn't, England played 4-3-3 didn't they (despite never playing it until the build up to the tournament)

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    No he didn't, England played 4-3-3 didn't they (despite never playing it until the build up to the tournament)
    Tomato tomato, to me it seemed like Delli Ali was intended to be an attacking mid with Dier and Rooney as the two sitters. You can probably call it either, but the point is that Hodgson didn't pick a formation to get the best out of the players. Hence Vardy and Sturridge bumbling on the flanks, etc.

Typical of you Rich to jump at an opportunity to slag off Whitts.IF we had the right players in front of him and we perhaps were able to buy him time on the ball he still has lots to offer the City. You just can't or rather won't see it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thornhillblue View Post
    Typical of you Rich to jump at an opportunity to slag off Whitts.IF we had the right players in front of him and we perhaps were able to buy him time on the ball he still has lots to offer the City. You just can't or rather won't see it.
    I like Whitts it just seems strange that no other club have made an offer for him. Perhaps they can see something we can't?
    Love is blind so they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    I like Whitts it just seems strange that no other club have made an offer for him. Perhaps they can see something we can't?
    Love is blind so they say.
    Is that smiley meant to look like RS or is it just a coincidence?

Thornhill Flu -

Did you look at the date of the original post, bumped by somebody else?

Or were you unable to see it? Or was it that you wouldn't see it?

I mean, 2 months to think of a reply is slow, even for you.