+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robson-Kanu possible summer signing?

Robson-Kanu possible summer signing?

Re: Robson-Kanu possible summer signing?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    So we get rid of one slow fat arsed low scoring player and go out and sign another one. Brilliant !!! NOT.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    So we get rid of one slow fat arsed low scoring player and go out and sign another one. Brilliant !!! NOT.
    Really???

Really???
    Really???

The rumour around Reading is that he is going to the Liberty.Perhaps Pearcey has some info.

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN View Post
    The rumour around Reading is that he is going to the Liberty.Perhaps Pearcey has some info.
    No, what was overheard was "it's a ****ing liberty"

Oh FFS!

He holds the ball up well ,would put a shift in and be loyal ,so a bit different to lazy Ken , would work well with a off a Wattsey support striker.

I read somewhere that Bournemouth and Watford are after him

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I read somewhere that Bournemouth and Watford are after him
    I read somewhere, his agent tells porkies.

What's with all the negativity? He's a good player and an extremely hard worker - would only be an asset to our team.

Who are people expecting to sign on here? Talk about deluded!

I read somewhere, his agent tells porkies.
    That's their job isn't it?

HRK......not for me.

No Reading supporters know anything beyond what is in the press. HRK made clear he didn't want to discuss any new contract until after the season is over. It would appear he is hoping to do well in the Euros and clinch a deal with a PL club.
    Throughout last season he was a scapegoat amongst a lot of our support. However when played wide he has played really well this season. Although as with every other season he spends much of it in the treatment room. He picks up a lot of niggly injuries which keep him out of action for 6 weeks on average. It seems to happen two/three times per season so is he only available for selection for half the season.

I like Hal. He is a good player but he is one of our top earners at around 20k a week so given his lack of availability he is not great value for money. If he does stay it will be on much reduced terms. He won't want that. His brother is his agent and will push hard for a good deal.

In stark contrast Gunter signed a new deal a few months ago and accepted reduced wages.

Is Hal worth it? Nope unless he finally stays fit for much of the season.
    Last edited by Pearcey3; 09-05-16 at 16:35.

Blue in the Face

He won't ever have a better shop window than this summer. Could prove to be the perfect time to clinch a chunky signing on fee. He will be very motivated to do well for Wales and has proved to be our best No.9 option over the past couple of years.

I rate Hal. Interesting to hear Pearcy say he's better on the wing. I never seen the technical potential in him to do that well there but he does look for the channels when playing up top for Wales.

Under the right manger and tactics Hal could do very very well at our level. But he might have signed elsewhere by the time we have a new head coach and have offloaded our still bloated squad to make space for fresh faces. At 20k I'd say he won't be viable for us anyway.

I wouldn't call him slow to be honest

On the positive side, he's fairly quick and strong.
    Negatives, not that great a touch, injured a lot, not a big goal scorer, will want big wages.

Not for us I think, and any Premiership club going for him must have more money than sense, he will be out of his depth.

FWIW I don't think he's been that great for Wales

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I wouldn't call him slow to be honest

OK, slugish.

He got more arse than the Kardashians

OK, slugish.

He got more arse than the Kardashians
    I have a 90's Soccer School video where Trevor Sinclair (or similar) says every good striker has a big bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    He won't ever have a better shop window than this summer. Could prove to be the perfect time to clinch a chunky signing on fee. He will be very motivated to do well for Wales and has proved to be our best No.9 option over the past couple of years.

I rate Hal. Interesting to hear Pearcy say he's better on the wing. I never seen the technical potential in him to do that well there but he does look for the channels when playing up top for Wales.

Under the right manger and tactics Hal could do very very well at our level. But he might have signed elsewhere by the time we have a new head coach and have offloaded our still bloated squad to make space for fresh faces. At 20k I'd say he won't be viable for us anyway.
    Definitely better out wide. He has played the majority of his games as a winger. He has at times shown some great close skills beating players. He has a decent cross on him to.

Plenty of posters in this thread eat your words

We have no chance of signing this guy, more chance of him going to Madrid than us

Plenty of posters in this thread eat your words

We have no chance of signing this guy, more chance of him going to Madrid than us

I think not

Sign him now.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Sign him now.
    ok