+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Villa - we'll be everyone's cup final

Villa - we'll be everyone's cup final

I've worked in the Midlands for 15 years now and work with loads of Villa ST holders. They're normally sane, down to earth people who I have a lot of time for.

However, in my opinion they're seriously deluded about next season. We'll get 100 points / 100 goals is a common theme, as is we'll be everybodies cup final. Really? I think that 17 out of the 24 teams in the Championship next season will have played in the Premiership. Of course they'll be well supported and have a big away following but surely not cup final proportions.

At least they're looking forward to a derby against Burton!

Re: Villa - we'll be everyone's cup final

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I've worked in the Midlands for 15 years now and work with loads of Villa ST holders. They're normally sane, down to earth people who I have a lot of time for.

However, in my opinion they're seriously deluded about next season. We'll get 100 points / 100 goals is a common theme, as is we'll be everybodies cup final. Really? I think that 17 out of the 24 teams in the Championship next season will have played in the Premiership. Of course they'll be well supported and have a big away following but surely not cup final proportions.

They won't be in the championship long, one season on their way to league one. None of their players have the fight for the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    They won't be in the championship long, one season on their way to league one. None of their players have the fight for the championship.
    Not convinced that they will take the Championship by storm.I suppose it depends on a clear out and who they bring in but that's not different to many teams.

They are deluded. Its not like they have had one bad season and find themselves in the Championship. They have been in decline for the last decade. I think they are in for a huge culture shock next season.

If Lerner decides to make huge cuts to club expenditure due to lost TV revenue and income from attendances, there's no way they'll be able to rebuild. The high wage earners might not be that appealing for other clubs while I wonder what ability they will have to bring in quality players given the mess at the club.

This could well be Villa's worst period in their history and I wouldn't be surprised if they were relegated again.

How long until we have a new board member called "Villa chris"?

chris must still be in bed or maybe school

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If Lerner decides to make huge cuts to club expenditure due to lost TV revenue and income from attendances, there's no way they'll be able to rebuild. The high wage earners might not be that appealing for other clubs while I wonder what ability they will have to bring in quality players given the mess at the club.

This could well be Villa's worst period in their history and I wouldn't be surprised if they were relegated again.
    Problem is that while we are struggling to find a manager, their already in the transfer market, they've got a lot of cash and Pearson as their next coach.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    chris must still be in bed or maybe school
    went to school........

Quote Originally Posted by gurkhablue View Post
    Problem is that while we are struggling to find a manager, their already in the transfer market, they've got a lot of cash and Pearson as their next coach.
    They've got a lot of costs, a bloated and demoralised squad, 'naturally' arrogant fans who expect to steamroller the Championship, chaos in the Boardroom, and and an owner trying to unload the club onto a Chinese consortium (unlikely to be a quick process) who just wants out. For every Newcastle that dominates the league after relegation there are plenty more who flounder (like QPR this time) or slide further down. Villa seem to be a crisis club on and off the pitch.

Isn't Nigel Pearson as manager still just a rumour?

Are we?

It's, THEY'RE or THEY ARE

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Are we?
    Course we are. The rule is if you dont have manager within 36 hours , you are struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Course we are. The rule is if you dont have manager within 36 hours , you are struggling.
    Them's the rules.

International

Where did you hear that from. Maybe Tucker overheard it at supper somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

I'd say there are going to have to be some very dramatic and very shrewd changes at that club this summer before they can even dream of having the sort of season you describe - everyone concerned with Villa are in for a huge culture shock if those sort of attitudes find their way into the dressing room (and Boardroom)

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Where did you hear that from. Maybe Tucker overheard it at supper somewhere.
    Whose Tucker?

Of course, they're queuing up!

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Are we?
    Probably your expecting a Slade Mark 2, are you?

Probably your expecting a Slade Mark 2, are you?
    Pardon?

thats just wrong

we all know its been extended to 48 hours now

Lots of mentions of "deluded and arrogant fans".

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack View Post
    Lots of mentions of "deluded and arrogant fans".

Did you think we were talking about you?

They'll be in for a huge shock next season

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    They'll be in for a huge shock next season

When 3 million weeds hangers on turn up.

chris, in 1