+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Villa - we'll be everyone's cup final

Re: Villa - we'll be everyone's cup final

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    They've got a lot of costs, a bloated and demoralised squad, 'naturally' arrogant fans who expect to steamroller the Championship, chaos in the Boardroom, and and an owner trying to unload the club onto a Chinese consortium (unlikely to be a quick process) who just wants out. For every Newcastle that dominates the league after relegation there are plenty more who flounder (like QPR this time) or slide further down. Villa seem to be a crisis club on and off the pitch.

Isn't Nigel Pearson as manager still just a rumour?
    Well said that man. I agree entirely and don't even expect villa to compete for the play offs. Something is clearly rotten at that club and there are no quick fixes for a club in their state.

Automatically there are 2 better teams than them. I would find it hard for villa fans to think like that after the season they have had. They know Rudy can do it and it's not often you are going to be relegated with a big scorer. The players are not used to winning games and I think they need people who have performed well in the championship

I think Villa will do well to finish mid table.

The only plus side I can see is that nobody will want any of their players so they've got no 'stars' to lose.

The best thing they can do is get shot of people like Lescott, Richards and Agbonlahor and hope that the young players haven't been too demoralised by this season.

They've got some decent youngsters but it'll take a bloody good manager to build their confidence back up in time for next season - perhaps they'll come in for Slade?

They'll probably lose Grealish, Bacuna, Westwood and Ayew. But they'll probably still have players like Keiran Richardson, Sinclair and N'Zogbia, all good enough to stand out in the Championship. I don't think Villa will do s badly as people are saying. If they don't go straight back up then they'll be in big trouble but for their first season I think they've got a chance.

of the three relegated sides, which will probably be villa , norwich, and newcastle, newcastle will easily be the biggest attraction. norwich will probably be play off contenders, villa who i like as a club have a lot off work to do both on and off the pitch could struggle next season, unless they get their act together very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkhablue View Post
    Whose Tucker?

Just to join in with Tony putting you right in an earlier post , it is who`s or who is , not whose.

The answer to "whose Tucker" would be Mrs Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    Just to join in with Tony putting you right in an earlier post , it is who`s or who is , not whose.

The answer to "whose Tucker" would be Mrs Tucker
    It could be simply someone questioning the ownership of a packed lunch.

I think Norwich are the most likely to bounce back up

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    chris must still be in bed or maybe school
    guffaw

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    It could be simply someone questioning the ownership of a packed lunch.