+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: West ham

West ham

Apparently have sold over 52k season tickets for next season.
    Crazy number.
    Are they on the brink of pushing into the elite of British football?
    Next season in the pl is going to be very tough to call.

Re: West ham

Ham shouldn't have a direction in my opinion. None of the other meats do, so why should ham? I mean, you don't get North Pork, do you?

Thank you, I'm here all week, please tip your waitresses.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Ham shouldn't have a direction in my opinion. None of the other meats do, so why should ham? I mean, you don't get North Pork, do you?

Thank you, I'm here all week, please tip your waitresses.
    Not enough research, Colonel.

https://www.facebook.com/beefsouthwest/

I've had a Southwest burger before, not sure if that counts?

Oriental pork?

you mean like newcastle who have been getting 50 thousand plus for years and are on the brink of relegation

I`m of the opinion that moving out of their heart land will eventually break them.
    Give it a couple of seasons in a soul less stadium away from Upton park and the novelty will wear off and it will be hard to recreate what they had.

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    you mean like newcastle who have been getting 50 thousand plus for years and are on the brink of relegation
    How much subsidy do Newcastle get from the public purse?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...lympic-stadium

The whole West Ham stadium deal stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I`m of the opinion that moving out of their heart land will eventually break them.
    Give it a couple of seasons in a soul less stadium away from Upton park and the novelty will wear off and it will be hard to recreate what they had.
    As a premier league franchise all that matters is success. We saw it when we hit the big time, people that wouldn't normally darken our doors clamouring for tickets for the big games.

Not season ticket holders, I thought they had around 30k

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    As a premier league franchise all that matters is success. We saw it when we hit the big time, people that wouldn't normally darken our doors clamouring for tickets for the big games.
    Yes we brought new fans on board as West Ham will do with a bigger stadium but they will soon disappear plus when you factor in the fans that live in the Upton Park area not making the 3 ? mile trip to the new stadium.
    Add to this not being able to create that upton park atmosphere I`m certain a lot of old school will stop going.
    I know a few who stopped going when we moved across Sloper road for all the above reasons.

Yes we brought new fans on board as West Ham will do with a bigger stadium but they will soon disappear plus when you factor in the fans that live in the Upton Park area not making the 3 ? mile trip to the new stadium.
    Add to this not being able to create that upton park atmosphere I`m certain a lot of old school will stop going.
    I know a few who stopped going when we moved across Sloper road for all the above reasons.
    What, like the new stadium being too far away from Ole Lady Ninian?!

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    What, like the new stadium being too far away from Ole Lady Ninian?!

Yer and the wind blowing in the wrong direction up Sloper road.

Yer and the wind blowing in the wrong direction up Sloper road.

Is playing before 60,000 the West Ham way?

i agree, once the novelty wears off many of the true west hams will disappear, moving from your heartland is a massive mistake imo.

it will end up like the emirates or the ethihad, a big modern day soulless stadium, with the atmostphere of a library full of plastics.

Sad to see a great traditional club going down the same road as most clubs and play in a soulless bowl geared for the happy clappy crowd, on Saturday Norwich fans had those blow up items that you bang together, it was like a crowd that lines the streets for the London Marathon, all that's wanted now is for players to dress up in Womble and Elvis outfits.West Ham has always been a club that prides itself in tradition and working class roots, getting off at Upton Park station and a walk down Green street on match day with the market stalls and jellied eels has been the same for decades but things change, sometimes not for the better.

International

I have been to the Boleyn ground often in the last 9 years and often before that, but I cannot recall ever seeing a jellied eel stall or anything like the things you mention in Green street.

When you go there you might understand what I'm saying.
    But then if they move to the Olympic Stadium, (Which by the way was built as a 20,000 seater with the rest 'Temporary') you and a lot of others will never see the old Upton Park in all it's old glory.
    Dream on.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I have been to the Boleyn ground often in the last 9 years and often before that, but I cannot recall ever seeing a jellied eel stall or anything like the things you mention in Green street.

When you go there you might understand what I'm saying.
    But then if they move to the Olympic Stadium, (Which by the way was built as a 20,000 seater with the rest 'Temporary') you and a lot of others will never see the old Upton Park in all it's old glory.
    Dream on.

The jelly eel stall is on the corner by where the away fans turn up and there is always a queue 20yards long there.

They also sell them in the chippy on the main road.

i agree, once the novelty wears off many of the true west hams will disappear, moving from your heartland is a massive mistake imo.

it will end up like the emirates or the ethihad, a big modern day soulless stadium, with the atmostphere of a library full of plastics.
    Like Leeds. Notice I left the big out.

And no smilies I want you to think about this one.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    How much subsidy do Newcastle get from the public purse?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...lympic-stadium

The whole West Ham stadium deal stinks.
    Are you saying Baroness and speaker at past Tory party conferences, Ms. Brady, got an unusually good deal?

The good news is that any opposition fans can rips up seats all they like because they own the stadium as much as/more than the Hammers.

International

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    The jelly eel stall is on the corner by where the away fans turn up and there is always a queue 20yards long there.

They also sell them in the chippy on the main road.
    That explains why I neve saw it. lol I was always there as an invited 'Home' fan. Used to sit in the dining room behind the home goal. 3 Course dinner, nice old after dinner (Or lunch) speaker then go out and watch the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Like Leeds. Notice I left the big out.

And no smilies I want you to think about this one.
    leeds are not moving away from their current stadium , the clever clubs simply redevelop their current stadiums such as man utd, newcastle. liverpool etc without moving away , leeds could easily do the same and add 10- 20,000 to their current capacity without having to uproot from their traditional ground

it is about the traditional fans and where they are from, not fans who just appear out of nowhere simply because they have moved to a bigger stadium or are having a succesful period at a particular time.

as a cardiff fan you should know that only too well

leeds are not moving away from their current stadium , the clever clubs simply redevelop their current stadiums such as man utd, newcastle. liverpool etc without moving away , leeds could easily do the same and add 10- 20,000 to their current capacity without having to uproot from their traditional ground

it is about the traditional fans and where they are from, not fans who just appear out of nowhere simply because they have moved to a bigger stadium or are having a succesful period at a particular time.

as a cardiff fan you should know that only too well

You just sell your car parks and training grounds instead

when elland road is full its a cauldron at the best of times .

god knows what it would be like with 50 - 60 thousand inside the place