+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Immers signs a two year deal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Immers signs a two year deal

One hundred and eighty!

Ken Choo said: “We’re delighted to be officially welcoming Lex to the Cardiff City family. The impact he made during his time on loan was significant, and we feel that he is the right fit for the future we see for the Football Club. A number of other clubs wanted him this summer, but I’m thrilled that he has shown such commitment and loyalty to us.”

Lex Immers added: “It only took one meeting with the CEO for me to know that this was where I wanted to be. My family are already settled in Cardiff and the rapport I have with the fans is something I want to nurture going forward. This is a fantastic club with ambition that matches my own.”

immers1.jpg

Great news, welcome to the club lex!

Blue in the Face

Lex is 30 next month. But because his game isn't built on pace, there's no reason why he can't be one of those players who still improves in his 30's.

Very happy with this news.

Noice

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Noice
    Presume you're not talking about his tshirt.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Presume you're not talking about his tshirt.
    Couldn't see his t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    ^This. All I can see is a disembodied head and arms floating. I just assumed that's what Immers looked like.

Sometimes I forget that not everyone is SAS trained like me.

A very good start to our summer dealings - was our best player over the last third of the season.

I agree but it seems a bit strange to be signing players that perhaps a new manager might not have wanted. Unless the new manager is known and agreed, or is from inside the club of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A very good start to our summer dealings - was our best player over the last third of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln blue View Post
    I agree but it seems a bit strange to be signing players that perhaps a new manager might not have wanted. Unless the new manager is known and agreed, or is from inside the club of course.
    a good quality signing, well done the club

whats the worse that will happen, he will be loaned out for 2 seasons

Totally agree Bob

Welcome Lex

I'm glad that we got Immers to sign a permanent deal. A good addition to the squad regardless who becomes new manager

Quote Originally Posted by bluken View Post
    I'm glad that we got Immers to sign a permanent deal. A good addition to the squad regardless who becomes new manager

Although i agree he is a good signing and could get better as he gets better players around him im also a bit puzzled. If the City are to have a new manager then surely signing players before he/she (diversity awareness) arrives is a but unusual.

Unless.........................

They already know who the new manager is, he is already linked to the club and likes Immers? Its seems the logical explanation to me. clubs dont tend to sign players when between managers and with a new one on the way.

The thing is that i cant see a promotion from within the current playing staff with Slade still here in his new role. That would be a huge slap in the face. Slade is convinced he did a great job and said he is a manager first. Immers signing might be Slades first 'recruitment' work but before a new manager arrives? What signal does it send for a manager - "We choose players, you work with them"

Im confused to be honest.
    Last edited by the leader; 13-05-16 at 07:15.

Quote Originally Posted by the leader View Post
    [/B]

Although i agree he is a good signing and could get better as he gets better players around him im also a bit puzzled. If the City are to have a new manager then surely signing players before he/she (diversity awareness) arrives is a but unusual.

They already know who the new manager is, he is already linked to the club and likes Immers? Its seems the logical explanation to me. clubs dont tend to sign players when between managers and with a new one on the way.

The thing is that i cant see a promotion from within the current playing staff with Slade still here in his new role. That would be a huge slap in the face. Slade is convinced he did a great job and said he is a manager first. Immers signing might be Slades first 'recruitment' work but before a new manager arrives? What signal does it send for a manager - "We choose players, you work with them"

We are moving towards a time where the manager is a head coach and he gets to work with the players provided to him, he tells the transfer team what type and kind of players he wants and he gets them given to him.

Look at the quotes from the swansea manager

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36280188

Its a similar system at Tottenham, and at Liverpool.

What you have then is a system where, when you get rid of a manager, you dont then get a new manager coming in wanting to get rid of what it there, and bringing in his guys at the cost of millions every year.

Quote Originally Posted by the leader View Post
    [/B]

I still believe there's a chance that someone from Vincent Tan's clubs on mainland Europe could get the job, With regard to Immers, I believe it's been admitted somewhere that people at Kortrijk were involved in his loan signing and there's also the part they played in bringing Zohore here to consider as well.

When you also consider the signings of players like Weymans, Blaise, Saadi and Bruno Manga, I've thought for a while that we had contact with someone in the France, Belgium, Holland type area with decent contacts and access (as well as data?) when it comes to players in that area - why shouldn't such a person(s) be at Kortrijk?

I still believe there's a chance that someone from Vincent Tan's clubs on mainland Europe could get the job, With regard to Immers, I believe it's been admitted somewhere that people at Kortrijk were involved in his loan signing and there's also the part they played in bringing Zohore here to consider as well.

When you also consider the signings of players like Weymans, Blaise, Saadi and Bruno Manga, I've thought for a while that we had contact with someone in the France, Belgium, Holland type area with decent contacts and access (as well as data?) when it comes to players in that area - why shouldn't such a person(s) be at Kortrijk?
    I hope Tandy doesn't see this!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I hope Tandy doesn't see this!
    Zohore
    Immers
    Huws

He's on a roll fair play

Tidy darts!

Enjoyed that interview too, wasn't the usual set of muttered stock phrases we often hear in these instances.
    He seems to genuinely want to be here , at the club and the area - and to do well for himself and Cardiff.

Made my day TBH

Best news of the year well done the City ,thanks Vincent

Great news! Great start to the pre season signings.
    Spedger

Everyone raise your drink to Lex Immers signing!

immers.jpg