+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Immers signs a two year deal

Re: Immers signs a two year deal

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    Everyone raise your drink to Lex Immers signing!

Attachment 312
    'Bud' lite'

Quote Originally Posted by bluken View Post
    I'm glad that we got Immers to sign a permanent deal. A good addition to the squad regardless who becomes new manager

Although i agree he is a good signing and could get better as he gets better players around him im also a bit puzzled. If the City are to have a new manager then surely signing players before he/she (diversity awareness) arrives is a but unusual.

Unless.........................

They already know who the new manager is, he is already linked to the club and likes Immers? Its seems the logical explanation to me. clubs dont tend to sign players when between managers and with a new one on the way.

The thing is that i cant see a promotion from within the current playing staff with Slade still here in his new role. That would be a huge slap in the face. Slade is convinced he did a great job and said he is a manager first. Immers signing might be Slades first 'recruitment' work but before a new manager arrives? What signal does it send for a manager - "We choose players, you work with them"

Im confused to be honest.
    Last edited by the leader; 13-05-16 at 07:15.

Quote Originally Posted by the leader View Post
    [/B]

Although i agree he is a good signing and could get better as he gets better players around him im also a bit puzzled. If the City are to have a new manager then surely signing players before he/she (diversity awareness) arrives is a but unusual.

They already know who the new manager is, he is already linked to the club and likes Immers? Its seems the logical explanation to me. clubs dont tend to sign players when between managers and with a new one on the way.

The thing is that i cant see a promotion from within the current playing staff with Slade still here in his new role. That would be a huge slap in the face. Slade is convinced he did a great job and said he is a manager first. Immers signing might be Slades first 'recruitment' work but before a new manager arrives? What signal does it send for a manager - "We choose players, you work with them"

We are moving towards a time where the manager is a head coach and he gets to work with the players provided to him, he tells the transfer team what type and kind of players he wants and he gets them given to him.

Look at the quotes from the swansea manager

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36280188

Its a similar system at Tottenham, and at Liverpool.

What you have then is a system where, when you get rid of a manager, you dont then get a new manager coming in wanting to get rid of what it there, and bringing in his guys at the cost of millions every year.

Quote Originally Posted by the leader View Post
    [/B]

I still believe there's a chance that someone from Vincent Tan's clubs on mainland Europe could get the job, With regard to Immers, I believe it's been admitted somewhere that people at Kortrijk were involved in his loan signing and there's also the part they played in bringing Zohore here to consider as well.

When you also consider the signings of players like Weymans, Blaise, Saadi and Bruno Manga, I've thought for a while that we had contact with someone in the France, Belgium, Holland type area with decent contacts and access (as well as data?) when it comes to players in that area - why shouldn't such a person(s) be at Kortrijk?

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    We are moving towards a time where the manager is a head coach and he gets to work with the players provided to him, he tells the transfer team what type and kind of players he wants and he gets them given to him.

Look at the quotes from the swansea manager

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36280188

Its a similar system at Tottenham, and at Liverpool.

What you have then is a system where, when you get rid of a manager, you dont then get a new manager coming in wanting to get rid of what it there, and bringing in his guys at the cost of millions every year.

I totally agree and I'm not opposed to that model as long as the people on the so called transfer committee and the head of football (not that I believe that Slade has much say at present) have a wide knowledge of football and a vision which can't come from people outside the game.

Man City have been very careful in their recruitment behind the scenes in the last few years and have headhunted some great football thinkers in preparation for Guardiola and I think they will be a mighty force in Europe over the next few years.

Now we are trying to mimic that model with great football thinking men like Ken Choo and Mehmet Dalman!
    These men mean well but identifying players (stats again) and formulating a playing identity is not easy and should be left to football men.

Feedback

voortreffelijk, nog een biertje alstublieft

Blue in the Face

What a difference it should make having Lex for the entire season. Tactically he's going to be a great addition. We can just as easily play him up top in a 4-4-2 or in central midfield in a 4-5-1.

Enjoyed re-watching Lex's MOM performance in the highlights of the 4 - 1 demolition of Brighton...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt1GdPlY_p4

There's a few here should 'ang their 'eads......

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    There's a few here should 'ang their 'eads......
    Hang their heads? Retrospectively banned is what they deserve!

'Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!' > 'Lex' I love you' > 'The best news of the year' > 'Thank you, Mr Tan' > 'I'm sooooo pleased' > 'The keystone signing' > ' Promotion is now a certainty' > Delighted! It's Tommy Tank time' > 'Ave it!'

Now, what would have been impressive would have been someone who greeted Immer's permanent signing with;-

"He may have been very good at the back end of last season, but, trust me, he'll be absolute garbage next year and will be back on the continent within six months".

As it was, people were greeting the signing of someone who had been sorely missed when he was injured for important games at the back end of 15/16 with predictable enthusiasm.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I still believe there's a chance that someone from Vincent Tan's clubs on mainland Europe could get the job, With regard to Immers, I believe it's been admitted somewhere that people at Kortrijk were involved in his loan signing and there's also the part they played in bringing Zohore here to consider as well.

When you also consider the signings of players like Weymans, Blaise, Saadi and Bruno Manga, I've thought for a while that we had contact with someone in the France, Belgium, Holland type area with decent contacts and access (as well as data?) when it comes to players in that area - why shouldn't such a person(s) be at Kortrijk?
    I hope Tandy doesn't see this!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I hope Tandy doesn't see this!
    Zohore
    Immers
    Huws

He's on a roll fair play