+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: McClaren interested in City job

McClaren interested in City job

Former England boss Steve McClaren is among a host of managers from across Europe who have enquired about the Cardiff City job , we can reveal.

McClaren, who was most recently in charge at Newcastle, is one of 18 managers and coaches who have expressed an interest in taking over from Russell Slade in the Welsh capital in the past week.

WalesOnline has learned the Bluebirds’ top brass are now carrying out interviews over the weekend, with a decision and announcement due to be made before the end of next week.

McClaren looks unlikely to be offered the role, but the club is said to be encouraged there are so many top names apparently interested in taking charge. Another enquiry was received from a former top Premier League defender who has since moved into coaching.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...land-11327816?

Re: McClaren interested in City job

God no!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dwr View Post
    God no!!!

Schteve reminds of the supply teacher everyone used to run rings around and lock in the cupboard back in school.

I'd like to declare my interest in fingering Scarlet Johansson, **** off Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post

I'd probably be happy with McLaren

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'd probably be happy with McLaren
    Fingering or managing?

At the Trust AGM last night, to great laughter, Dai Hunt produced his lengthy list of prospective Cardiff City managers which Rob Phillips went through and commented on. McClaren was on his list but was, unsurprisingly, dismissed out of hand.

I hope they mean a job in "THE CITY"

Fella should be nowhere near a football ground, unless he's bought a season ticket like the rest of us.

Plays really attack minded football, and overall has a good record.
    I would rather finger Scarlett Johansson though

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Plays really attack minded football, and overall has a good record.
    I would rather finger Scarlett Johansson though

Players say he's an excellent coach but he seems to lack the charisma to become a manager.

I can't imagine him knowing when to give someone a bollocking or when to put the arm around someone cos he doesn't seem to know what day it is half the time

If its an ex England manager we want then I would rather the England womens manager

No chance,I don't want him doing press conferences in a Welsh accent !

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    If its an ex England manager we want then I would rather the England womens manager
    Mark Sampson, great shout, Cardiff boy too

Anyone but McLaren, Please!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    At the Trust AGM last night, to great laughter, Dai Hunt produced his lengthy list of prospective Cardiff City managers which Rob Phillips went through and commented on. McClaren was on his list but was, unsurprisingly, dismissed out of hand.

I've pictured the scene in my mind and enjoyed a good minute or so's tittering out of it

Quote Originally Posted by veryoldbluebird View Post
    No chance,I don't want him doing press conferences in a Welsh accent !
    My thoughts exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Former England boss Steve McClaren is among a host of managers from across Europe who have enquired about the Cardiff City job , we can reveal.

McClaren, who was most recently in charge at Newcastle, is one of 18 managers and coaches who have expressed an interest in taking over from Russell Slade in the Welsh capital in the past week.

WalesOnline has learned the Bluebirds’ top brass are now carrying out interviews over the weekend, with a decision and announcement due to be made before the end of next week.

McClaren looks unlikely to be offered the role, but the club is said to be encouraged there are so many top names apparently interested in taking charge. Another enquiry was received from a former top Premier League defender who has since moved into coaching.
    Good luck Gabbidon!!

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Was Dai on the list , might be a prudent appointment , no house purchase required ,as he lives locally , got his own transport the bike, so one parking slot saved , probably bring his own sandwiches , has a loud voice for touchline instructions ,can swear well , media would love him , would take the pressure of the lads on the field ,whilst we are dealing with the lawsuits, provide his current closely seated fans in the stadium with a well earned breather ?

If I was a football manager and out of work, I'd say I was interested in any job that has come onto the market.