+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Toulouse to Bordeax Airport

Toulouse to Bordeax Airport

Looking at booking the flight home on 21/06 after the Russia game from Bordeax to Bristol. Train it pretty straightforward and cheap it seems to get to Bordeax from Toulouse but then looks a bit of a trek from Bordeax Train Station to thr airport, a taxi probably be best bet but not sure how much.

Just thought I'd check on here if anyone had any better solutions to getting home or getting to Bordeaux airport before I book it all up?

Re: Toulouse to Bordeax Airport

Easyjet Toulouse to Gatwick.
    Gatwick Express to Victoria.
    Coach to wherever you want to end up.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Easyjet Toulouse to Gatwick.
    Gatwick Express to Victoria.
    Coach to wherever you want to end up.
    Cheers mate, didn't realise they flew that route but think that sounds like more fuss than flying from Bordeaux knowing how bad our train network and traffic could be from London. Also a lot more expensive, Flight from Bordeax is £130 and train is only £12.

Was wondering if anyone is maybe driving to Bordeaux airport from Toulouse on that day?

There is a shuttle between the airport and the train station http://m.bordeaux.aeroport.fr/en/inf...huttle-service

Quote Originally Posted by jnc90 View Post
    Looking at booking the flight home on 21/06 after the Russia game from Bordeax to Bristol. Train it pretty straightforward and cheap it seems to get to Bordeax from Toulouse but then looks a bit of a trek from Bordeax Train Station to thr airport, a taxi probably be best bet but not sure how much.

Just thought I'd check on here if anyone had any better solutions to getting home or getting to Bordeaux airport before I book it all up?
    Why don't you look at flying back from Bergerac to Bristol on Ryanair early on the Tuesday morning. I have a minibus with a few spare seats and passing Bergerac after the game.
    Ivealready got one fella doing exactly this and he has booked a seat.
    Last edited by Blue Tone; 19-05-16 at 21:01.

€49 Euros Single Flight home.
    Back in Bristol on the Tuesday by 10am

Poitiers is a 2 hour train from Bordeaux and flys into Stansted. Cheap flight as well. Stansted back to Wales is a ****er though.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Poitiers is a 2 hour train from Bordeaux and flys into Stansted. Cheap flight as well. Stansted back to Wales is a ****er though.
    Beziers (near Toulouse) to Bristol is another option, with flights still around the £35 mark.

Cheers mate, didn't realise they flew that route but think that sounds like more fuss than flying from Bordeaux knowing how bad our train network and traffic could be from London. Also a lot more expensive, Flight from Bordeax is £130 and train is only £12.

Was wondering if anyone is maybe driving to Bordeaux airport from Toulouse on that day?
    We travel to Bergerac Airport on the morning of 21st for a Ryanair flight to Bristol.
    I am willing to offer you a lift from Toulouse and Bristol to Cardiff if you fancy it.

South into Spain and from Girona, that's what my mates are doing on the tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Tone View Post
    Why don't you look at flying back from Bergerac to Bristol on Ryanair early on the Tuesday morning. I have a minibus with a few spare seats and passing Bergerac after the game.
    Ivealready got one fella doing exactly this and he has booked a seat.
    Quote Originally Posted by KGBluebird View Post
    We travel to Bergerac Airport on the morning of 21st for a Ryanair flight to Bristol.
    I am willing to offer you a lift from Toulouse and Bristol to Cardiff if you fancy it.
    Thanks both very much, appreciate the offer. May well drop you a mesage some time soon if I decide to go from that airport but at the moment I think the below suggestion looks like my best bet! Cheers :)

Quote Originally Posted by *** G L O V E S *** View Post
    Beziers (near Toulouse) to Bristol is another option, with flights still around the £35 mark.
    Thanks for the tip! Just looked now and the flight is very cheap from there and not too far on the train so may well book that option! Don't know why but Beziers wasn't coming up in 'nearby airports' when I've been looking on SkyScanner even though 2 others did that are actually further away!

Thanks both very much, appreciate the offer. May well drop you a mesage some time soon if I decide to go from that airport but at the moment I think the below suggestion looks like my best bet! Cheers :)

Thanks for the tip! Just looked now and the flight is very cheap from there and not too far on the train so may well book that option! Don't know why but Beziers wasn't coming up in 'nearby airports' when I've been looking on SkyScanner even though 2 others did that are actually further away!
    I had the same issue initially. Can't remember how I stumbled across the airport in the end but works out much cheaper - even if it does mean staying one day extra in my case.

Quote Originally Posted by *** G L O V E S *** View Post
    I had the same issue initially. Can't remember how I stumbled across the airport in the end but works out much cheaper - even if it does mean staying one day extra in my case.
    Booked my flight now from Breziers, £20!! So I owe you one for that tip off, saved me a good whack even on the fairly cheap flights going from bordeax but works out much better as the train journey is easier to Breziers, just means an early start no dount with a hangover on the 21st! Very excited now I'm pretty much all booked up :)

Booked my flight now from Breziers, £20!! So I owe you one for that tip off, saved me a good whack even on the fairly cheap flights going from bordeax but works out much better as the train journey is easier to Breziers, just means an early start no dount with a hangover on the 21st! Very excited now I'm pretty much all booked up :)