+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: TTIP & The Tory/United States of Europe partnership, do you really feel safe regarding the NHS ?

TTIP & The Tory/United States of Europe partnership, do you really feel safe regarding the NHS ?

When they have finished brainwashing via the BBC & the multi millionaires
    Screen Shot 2016-05-22 at 15.24.24.jpg

Re: TTIP & The Tory/United States of Europe partnership, do you really feel safe regarding the NHS ?

From what I gather TTIP can be blocked if one EU member votes against it. Using TTIP as an example of why the UK should leave the EU suggests that one doesn't trust our government enough to stop it but trust we won't negotiate a similar deal from outside the EU.

That such a deal can be negotiated in secret and forced on populations should be worrying.

Re: TTIP & The Tory/United States of Europe partnership, do you really feel safe regarding the NHS ?

I understand that a number of EU countries are unwilling to sign up to TTIP. I have no idea why the European Commission thought it appropriate to conduct negotiations in secret. I cannot see TTIP passing into legislation. I do not think the NHS will be privatised in such a blatant way. I certainly wouldn't trust a right wing Tory Government under someone like Johnson or Gove where the NHS is concerned. TTIP sounds right up their street.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I understand that a number of EU countries are unwilling to sign up to TTIP. I have no idea why the European Commission thought it appropriate to conduct negotiations in secret. I cannot see TTIP passing into legislation. I do not think the NHS will be privatised in such a blatant way. I certainly wouldn't trust a right wing Tory Government under someone like Johnson or Gove where the NHS is concerned. TTIP sounds right up their street.
    Exactly.

TTIP will not be agreed in it's current form. The UK will have to veto it following another climbdown from Cameron after the Queens Speech.

If you seriously want to avoid a TTIP like agreement with the US then vote to remain in the EU for the reason Pearcey has outlined above.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    Exactly.

TTIP will not be agreed in it's current form. The UK will have to veto it following another climbdown from Cameron after the Queens Speech.

If you seriously want to avoid a TTIP like agreement with the US then vote to remain in the EU for the reason Pearcey has outlined above.
    CB like i would think a few others on here, I owe my life to the NHS, it's not a bargaining tool for me, the Tories need to shut this door now, no ifs, buts or might have beens, I have no interest in what other nations do on this, it's what the UK needs to do and now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    CB like i would think a few others on here, I owe my life to the NHS, it's not a bargaining tool for me, the Tories need to shut this door now, no ifs, buts or might have beens, I have no interest in what other nations do on this, it's what the UK needs to do and now.
    I agree, the NHS keeps our welfare, a private company under the free market leads to a welfare loss, we should fight for the NHS as it is really important

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    The Tories have, in effect, shut the door on TTIP if it includes any provision that could lead to forced privatisation of the NHS.

I'm much more concerned about what a post Brexit, post Cameron Tory government could agree with the US to enable a trade deal.

Quite a few high profile Brexit politicians are on record advocating a fully privatised NHS and they are highly likely to become very influential in the government if we vote to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    The Tories have, in effect, shut the door on TTIP if it includes any provision that could lead to forced privatisation of the NHS.

I'm much more concerned about what a post Brexit, post Cameron Tory government could agree with the US to enable a trade deal.

Quite a few high profile Brexit politicians are on record advocating a fully privatised NHS and they are highly likely to become very influential in the government if we vote to leave.
    Exactly this. The TTIP is certainly not good and I hope it can be prevented, but the thought of what this (or future) tory government(s) will do in terms of trade deals with american/multinational healthcare insurance companies who are just waiting to pounce is frightening. My guess is that in all likelihood they will bid for tenders they are currently unable to bid for due to EU regulation, and do so as 'loss leaders' in order to secure those contracts. Then establish themselves in the healthcare system and gradually introduce an insurance based model, which makes decisions regarding healthcare based entirely on profit, rather than quality of care.

Blue in the Face

Blue in the Face

Soz just bumped this. Thought it was already on the politics forum.

Will be interesting to actually see what ttip will bring. One of those things where the idea is great, but the reality of it not so.

As far as I can tell NHS has been excluded from being open by Dave.

I found it funny that remainers claimed independence would mean a removal of so many trading standards set by the EU.

Then you ask them what would happen with TTIP and they go quiet.