+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: England 1967

England 1967

Did anyone see this documentary on earlier, apparently they won the World Cup sometime in the 1960's! Beat Germany they did! Well they kept that quiet, you would have thought they'd have mentioned this before.

Re: England 1967

Scotland beat them in 1967.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Did anyone see this documentary on earlier, apparently they won the World Cup sometime in the 1960's! Beat Germany they did! Well they kept that quiet, you would have thought they'd have mentioned this before.
    I didn't know that tbh.

1966 it was. I remember reading it somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Scotland beat them in 1967.
    scotland beat holland in 78 the eventual world cup finalists , but lost to peru and drew with iran, ally mclouds tartan army.

and thats when they had a decent side , if they beat peru and iran nowadays they would be doing cartwheels.

It was West Ham who won the world cup in 1966 everyone knows that.

Blog Entries

Yeah thanks BBC 2, I somehow got the blame for that being on purely for being English.

I watched the programme when I got up this morning - not bad, but as anyone interested in football who is old enough to have lived through the event will know what Alf Ramsey's reaction would have been to being called "Alfie", I can only assume that the script and title were provided by someone who wasn't around in 1966!

My attitude to the mountain of commemorative events and programmes coming up in July about 1966 is bring it on as all it does is emphasise how hopeless England have been in the last half a century- the one thing which could end my enjoyment of course is England winning in France this summer and, in a tournament that looks to be wide open at the moment, I wouldn't completely rule that out.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I watched the programme when I got up this morning - not bad, but as anyone interested in football who is old enough to have lived through the event will know what Alf Ramsey's reaction would have been to being called "Alfie", I can only assume that the script and title were provided by someone who wasn't around in 1966!

My attitude to the mountain of commemorative events and programmes coming up in July about 1966 is bring it on as all it does is emphasise how hopeless England have been in the last half a century- the one thing which could end my enjoyment of course is England winning in France this summer and, in a tournament that looks to be wide open at the moment, I wouldn't completely rule that out.
    England have a great chance this summer - it helps that Costa Rica won't be there. A few of the Leicester players will be thinking they're invincible at this moment in time, and that attitude is contagious.