+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 95 NEW FOOTIE LAWS FOR THE EURO'S ! Well I never knew that !

95 NEW FOOTIE LAWS FOR THE EURO'S ! Well I never knew that !

And (NSASWA), they say they're making it easier.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36256441

Leave the game alone, you to$$ers.

Re: 95 NEW FOOTIE LAWS FOR THE EURO'S ! Well I never knew that !

Talk about change for change sake... it's smacks of people justifying their salaries!!
    Law 8 kicking off....FFS !!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Talk about change for change sake... it's smacks of people justifying their salaries!!
    Law 8 kicking off....FFS !!
    Makes sense to change it, the old rule was a bit silly and hardly ever enforced.

Law 14 - the penalty kick

Players who feint to kick the ball once they have taken a run-up when taking a penalty will get booked for unsporting behaviour. Feinting in the run-up is allowed. And goalkeepers who come off their line too early will also be booked.

I wonder if how many refs would apply that during a penalties.

Law 5 - the referee

Referees have the authority to take action from when they enter the field of play for the pre-match inspection, not from the start of the game - which means players could be sent off for an offence committed while warming up.

How the hell does that work.?

Don't see any problem with any of those rules. Most of them are tweaks and they happen every season (just usually without being reported with a big article). I assume people who think the game should be left alone are happy for penalty takers to feint as they're taking it? Happy for players to impede throw ins? Want red cards AND penalties given for fouls? There's nothing in there that makes the game worse.

One thing I'd like to see is refs giving more foul throws. Watch any game and you are guaranteed to see at least half a dozen foul throws.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post

Law 14 - the penalty kick

Players who feint to kick the ball once they have taken a run-up when taking a penalty will get booked for unsporting behaviour. Feinting in the run-up is allowed. And goalkeepers who come off their line too early will also be booked.

I wonder if how many refs would apply that during a penalties.
    It's very woolly. In a couple of seasons that rule will become clearer, don't know why they don't just do that now.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Law 5 - the referee

Referees have the authority to take action from when they enter the field of play for the pre-match inspection, not from the start of the game - which means players could be sent off for an offence committed while warming up.

Wonder if it means that if a player refuses to shake someone's hand before the game (think Bridge and Terry) then they could be booked?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Wonder if it means that if a player refuses to shake someone's hand before the game (think Bridge and Terry) then they could be booked?
    Keane and Veira in the tunnel would've been an interesting example. I wonder what the ref would've done there?

Don't see any problem with any of those rules. Most of them are tweaks and they happen every season (just usually without being reported with a big article). I assume people who think the game should be left alone are happy for penalty takers to feint as they're taking it? Happy for players to impede throw ins? Want red cards AND penalties given for fouls? There's nothing in there that makes the game worse.

One thing I'd like to see is refs giving more foul throws. Watch any game and you are guaranteed to see at least half a dozen foul throws.
    The one that annoys me most is blatant obstruction with the ball running out for a goal kick. There is never any effort to play the ball just constantly block the man, don't think I've ever seen it given as a free kick.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    The one that annoys me most is blatant obstruction with the ball running out for a goal kick. There is never any effort to play the ball just constantly block the man, don't think I've ever seen it given as a free kick.
    Yeah, that too. I think if the ball is within playing distance of the defender then he's allowed to it...but in the Cup Final I saw an attacker do something similar and he was penalised.

Defenders shielding the ball before they touch it is hardly exciting to watch or skilful so I don't know they don't outlaw it (somehow).

Law 5 - the referee

Pre-match pissing in the wrong gender toilet.
    Wearing womens underwear in the pre-match warm up.
    the list is endless (if they are post op anyway)

"unsporting behaviour"... God forbid players being unsporting!

The penalty taker feinting I have no problem with, as these days the keeper can jump, wave his arms about, pull faces, fart in the taker's general direction etc.. In the past the keeper wasn't allowed to move til the kick was taken. If this were still the case then I would have a problem.
    The majority of success in scoring / saving a penalty comes down to mind games or "unsporting behaviour".

The feint doesn't always work either. If the keeper stays put, all the momentum is lost thus giving the keeper more chance of saving it. Aldridge Beasant FA Cup final springs to mind.

Law 5 - the referee

What I wonder about is what has happened in the past to warrant bringing in this rule. Possibly shannanigans from the "bully" teams of this world trying to get in the refs head?

Will someone please tell me wtf "NSASWA" means???

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    It means Never Start A Sentence With And, even though there's actually no problem with it.

It means Never Start A Sentence With And, even though there's actually no problem with it.

In days of olde, when we used chalk & chalkboards in St Illtyds, we were taught "NSASWA".

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    In days of olde, when we used chalk & chalkboards in St Illtyds, we were taught "NSASWA".

Must've been the Splott St.Illtyd's then? That's a new one to us Rumney boys

Richyrich

Straight red for diving or playacting a injury would have been nice.

Must've been the Splott St.Illtyd's then? That's a new one to us Rumney boys

It most definitely was Brother Claude as well, right sadistic barsteward

Feedback

I see law 4 is considering those gender reassignment players - adz will be happy. this is progress

Players wearing undershorts or tights have to make sure they are the same colour as those worn by any team-mates - and they must also match their shorts

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    I see law 4 is considering those gender reassignment players - adz will be happy. this is progress

Players wearing undershorts or tights have to make sure they are the same colour as those worn by any team-mates - and they must also match their shorts
    Eye make up must also match.

It was taught in schools so that kids wouldn't write "And then I did this. And then I did that." etc. But it's ok to start a sentence with And just as you did in the OP. And just like it's ok to start a sentence with But like I just did then. And how I just started one with And. And did it again.

It most definitely was Brother Claude as well, right sadistic barsteward
    My older cousin told me some horror stories about him!