+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For all those that thought Tony Benn told it as it was - without the BS tactics

Re: For all those that thought Tony Benn told it as it was - without the BS tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    "The left wing case for leaving the EU"
    http://www.newstatesman.com/politics...ase-leaving-eu

For those interested (not the shirt man obviously)

Thanks for posting that. It was interesting but very poorly argued - lots of assertion, very little evidence, and a worrying sympathy for the Brexit arguments of the right wing press (wrapped up as the experience of patriotic Joe and Joanne Public). He makes a halfhearted reference to progressive EU legislation but then goes back to the battle lines of 1973. Oddest of many odd claims seems to be that Russian oligarchs buying up central London are allowed to do so because the UK is in the EU.

He finishes with the image of a European directorial superstate run by and for a caste of unaccountable fat cat bureaucrats - the end of a sinister project that began with the Roman Empire! What did the Romans ever do for us?

Interesting in some ways but lazy and incoherent in others. There must be a better 'left wing case for leaving the EU' than that?

Blog Entries

Re: For all those that thought Tony Benn told it as it was - without the BS tactics

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Thanks for posting that. It was interesting but very poorly argued - lots of assertion, very little evidence, and a worrying sympathy for the Brexit arguments of the right wing press (wrapped up as the experience of patriotic Joe and Joanne Public). He makes a halfhearted reference to progressive EU legislation but then goes back to the battle lines of 1973. Oddest of many odd claims seems to be that Russian oligarchs buying up central London are allowed to do so because the UK is in the EU.

He finishes with the image of a European directorial superstate run by and for a caste of unaccountable fat cat bureaucrats - the end of a sinister project that began with the Roman Empire! What did the Romans ever do for us?

Interesting in some ways but lazy and incoherent in others. There must be a better 'left wing case for leaving the EU' than that?

I was just adding a link with the title in big quotation marks for the shirt man really if I'm honest

I'm sure there are good and bad arguments for both sides and no doubt they will all be argued about on here over the next few weeks, I've saved loads of stuff on my laptop but I'm not on it atm so you will have to give me your verdict on them when I get it back.