+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alcohol ban for the England V Wales game

Re: Alcohol ban for the England V Wales game

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Like I said, it's more about Wales being the players first choice, not just digging up some old birth certificate to get an international cap.

Williams is obviously English, and would prob give all his Welsh caps back just to play for his own country, although I wouldn't expect to to admit it.
    so someone with welsh heritage is ok, but ashely wiliams (who has welsh heritage) isnt because you dont want him to be?bit of a personal grudge here, wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    so someone with welsh heritage is ok, but ashely wiliams (who has welsh heritage) isnt because you dont want him to be?bit of a personal grudge here, wonder why?
    Read it again.

Williams only plays for Wales because he isn't good enough for his own country.
    Why should he then play for another country just because he (allegedly) has a Long lost grand parent.
    Why should he stop a Welshman getting a cap for their country, just because he can't get one for his.
    Other players have been offered the 'Welsh grand parent' route to play for us, most recently Turner and Shawcross, but they politely declined as it "isn't right".
    Ash, on the other hand seems to have a rather large ego, so accepted the offer, without thinking of other players who will miss out.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    I remember all pubs in Crewe were shut in an FA cup replay a wile ago...everyone just got canned a bottled up.....they shouldn't be staging a big game in that dump.
    i managed a few before the game in a nice warm pub not far from the ground

Read it again.

Williams only plays for Wales because he isn't good enough for his own country.
    Why should he then play for another country just because he (allegedly) has a Long lost grand parent.
    Why should he stop a Welshman getting a cap for their country, just because he can't get one for his.
    Other players have been offered the 'Welsh grand parent' route to play for us, most recently Turner and Shawcross, but they politely declined as it "isn't right".
    Ash, on the other hand seems to have a rather large ego, so accepted the offer, without thinking of other players who will miss out.
    Williams plays for Wales because he has welsh heritage. YOU THINK he plays for Wales because he isnt good enough for England. Big difference. can you prove your claim?

Williams plays for Wales because he has welsh heritage. YOU THINK he plays for Wales because he isnt good enough for England. Big difference. can you prove your claim?
    So YOU THINK he'd play for Wales if England had wanted him?

So YOU THINK he'd play for Wales if England had wanted him?
    I'll answer questions once you prove what you've said is true

I'll answer questions once you prove what you've said is true
    I'll answer it for you.
    Assuming the grandfathers certificate is legit, that makes his Welsh 'heritage' around 16% and his English 'heritage' around 84%.
    Hope this helps.

[QUOTE=TH63;4629012]
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    One moment.
    Last edited by Baloo; 25-05-16 at 17:35. Reason: Dupe

[QUOTE=TH63;4629012]
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    No plastic chairs could live them that day.

[QUOTE=Baloo;4629173]
    Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    No plastic chairs could live them that day.
    Just think of having the contract to replace them.:

I'll answer it for you.
    Assuming the grandfathers certificate is legit, that makes his Welsh 'heritage' around 16% and his English 'heritage' around 84%.
    Hope this helps.
    ah so it's a problem with the heritage? But you said you were fine with it a few posts above...

There is no alcohol ban

ah so it's a problem with the heritage? But you said you were fine with it a few posts above...
    I'm fine with people with some Welsh heritage choosing Wales as a first choice, but not because their first choice, their own country, doesn't want them, that's not right, as Shawcross and Turner have said.

I'm fine with people with some Welsh heritage choosing Wales as a first choice, but not because their first choice, their own country, doesn't want them, that's not right, as Shawcross and Turner have said.
    ok good, we're getting somewhere. Now can you prove Ash's first choice was England?

ok good, we're getting somewhere. Now can you prove Ash's first choice was England?
    Are you serious?

He was born in England, has English parents, three English grand parents, was a ball boy for England (close as he got) and you're suggesting he'd rather play for Wales?

Are you serious?

He was born in England, has English parents, three English grand parents, was a ball boy for England (close as he got) and you're suggesting he'd rather play for Wales?
    I'm suggesting that you don't have any proof that Wales was his second choice, which you don't.

I'm suggesting that you don't have any proof that Wales was his second choice, which you don't.
    Ha, ha......you ARE serious!

Let's leave it there.

We drove to Nantwich to get a beer