+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: SKY Q silver

SKY Q silver

anyone switched yet? works out cheaper than sky + hd multi room

Re: SKY Q silver

Ive got HD and multiroom and must confess Ive never heard of Sky Q silver. I never read their promos so my fault. Please could you elaborate.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    Ive got HD and multiroom and must confess Ive never heard of Sky Q silver. I never read their promos so my fault. Please could you elaborate.
    Cheers
    its all through the mains electricity and wifi, main box and one or two secondary boxes, you can watch separate and record from all three, smaller boxes and you rent the gear off sky not own so no cost re any call outs etc, cheaper option is sky q which one main and one secondary

In addition to mutliroom my lad watches sky via his xbox which turns out to be a pain when the wifi occasionally drops as he then loses everything but that apart sounds good

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    In addition to mutliroom my lad watches sky via his xbox which turns out to be a pain when the wifi occasionally drops as he then loses everything but that apart sounds good
    was offered a good deal to sign up and am about £18 a year better off than with the old sky + hd plus i can sell both hd+ boxes etc for a few extra £ s

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    was offered a good deal to sign up and am about £18 a year better off than with the old sky + hd plus i can sell both hd+ boxes etc for a few extra £ s
    How much did the new sky kit cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    How much did the new sky kit cost?
    its rented so only pay the installation and setting up cost

I switched a couple of months ago, I found the TV guide took a bit of getting used to, as did the remote. Main advantage for me I guess, is that I can record something downstairs, and watch it in bed.
    We can also record four shows at the same time and watch a fifth. Tbh, that just means her indoors gets to record four times as much American shite than previously, just as well the storage on the box is huge.