+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Glammy at the Oval

Glammy at the Oval

Popping down to see our annual runfest on Thursday evening. Anyone else going?

Re: Glammy at the Oval

They're all saving their money to stay sober in France.

Ha...I've been to the last 2 at the oval...haven't seen another Glammy fan yet...not saying there weren't any...just didn't see ..or hear any.

Three T20 games at The Oval and three wins. We could do with Ingram back tomorrow night but I don't think he is fit yet.

Reserve

Heading over straight from work, taking my American mate to his first cricket game so hoping for a decent Glammy performance

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz1927 View Post
    Heading over straight from work, taking my American mate to his first cricket game so hoping for a decent Glammy performance
    Your glass is definitely half full.

Reserve

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Your glass is definitely half full.
    It will be completely full at 5 tomorrow haha. Like this before I see them for the first time every year and every year they disappoint. We really are gluttons for punishment supporting Glammy and the City.

This form of cricket is our best, or should that be only, chance of success this season. And (NSASWA) we're not even out of May!
    We lost the last time I was at the Oval, must be 20 plus years ago in the Nat West I think it was. If my memory serves me correctly Matthew Maynard hit a quickfire 50 and chucked his wicket away in typical MM fashion.

Hope your mate enjoys the game, there's a good chance as there should be plenty of "American style" action!

I will be watching from my armchair as it's on Sky :thumb up:

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz1927 View Post
    It will be completely full at 5 tomorrow haha. Like this before I see them for the first time every year and every year they disappoint. We really are gluttons for punishment supporting Glammy and the City.
    Too true.Well on my part the Glammy bit.

First Team

Smile Re: Glammy at the Oval

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Popping down to see our annual runfest on Thursday evening. Anyone else going?
    Planning on going but have not bothered booking tickets.
    Now see that almost 20,000 sold by Surrey so most be close to a sell out.
    Assuming that Surreys claimed sales are true how did Watching Glammy become so popular?

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Planning on going but have not bothered booking tickets.
    Now see that almost 20,000 sold by Surrey so most be close to a sell out.
    Assuming that Surreys claimed sales are true how did Watching Glammy become so popular?
    Booked it months ago live in Surrey now so one i look forward to every year. My son is coming up from cardiff at lunchtime. Booked my half a day from work let the beer flow !
    Weather looking good too

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Ha...I've been to the last 2 at the oval...haven't seen another Glammy fan yet...not saying there weren't any...just didn't see ..or hear any.
    We gave England's finest a right royal roasting!

I see there's plenty of support there tonight.
    Glammy "Like playing at the oval and they win games at the oval" says Nasser Hussain.
    It's a bit like City when we play Leeds (bar this season of course!)

Good to Rudolph hit some runs. Poor start to the season but the season starts here 😉