+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: At least LIDL has got it right (thumb up smiley) Welsh tops/coats.

At least LIDL has got it right (thumb up smiley) Welsh tops/coats.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-...&changestore=1

F*** mars bars, LIDL is the place to be.

Re: At least LIDL has got it right (thumb up smiley) Welsh tops/coats.

I see they are building a new Lidl in Llandaf North. The locals are fuming, they were expecting a Waitrose like what Pentwyn have got.

I'm guessing Lidl have managed to find out where Tan's emporium of shite got their stock from.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-...&changestore=1

F*** mars bars, LIDL is the place to be.
    Weekly trip to Lidl is the highlight of my week now, she does the shopping and i get to have a look at the tools, bike stuff and the cheap but often handy stuff they stock, i bought a laser guided measure the other week for a tenner, its great, i'm drawing my house at the moment, makes measuring all the dims simple.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Weekly trip to Lidl is the highlight of my week now, she does the shopping and i get to have a look at the tools, bike stuff and the cheap but often handy stuff they stock, i bought a laser guided measure the other week for a tenner, its great, i'm drawing my house at the moment, makes measuring all the dims simple.
    What is the rest of your week like?

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    they are cheap for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    We got a live one.

Because they don't have a 50% brand tax on them

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa View Post
    more like they last 50% of the time other tools do

Try comparing an Lidl spanner to a Snap On one.

more like they last 50% of the time other tools do
    This is right, obviously the tools are not snap on quality but I buy tools to from there to do the job i'm just doing
    then bin the tools until the next job and so on. no cleaning, storage etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Try comparing an Lidl spanner to a Snap On one.
    I guarantee the gap in price is not proportionate to the gap in quality. As always, it's about finding a compromise between price and quality that suits the individual. There's probably not much need for a casual DIYer to be carrying expensive gear like this

I guarantee the gap in price is not proportionate to the gap in quality. As always, it's about finding a compromise between price and quality that suits the individual. There's probably not much need for a casual DIYer to be carrying expensive gear like this
    This. I'm not spending £100+ on an electric planer that I'll probably use once in a blue moon when I can get one from Lidl for £15.

exactly

When i was 100% on the tools as a chippy, I used to always swear by Elu, Makita etc etc all the top brands ( then it was Dewalt )

i started to work for the council as a chippy for a bit and someone said " Matt, dont use your own kit, if you lose it, its gone, the tenants will not give it back if you forget something " ( one did when i left a 480 quid Elu drill on a wall outside a flat at the billy-banks )

so i just got a real cheap set of " power devil " stuff, a circular saw, a jigsaw, a planer and a router , it all cost me under 150 quid, i kid you not, i hammered that kit for years, the jigsaw when cutting out sink tops would get so hot you had to wear thick gloves to use it, but it still cracked on and got the job done

Of course for my private work i used to use my top quality stuff

infact i still have the jigsaw somewhere now

as a side note, the screwfix own brand power tools are fairly decent, i had to fit a worktop in my brothers " man cave " last year, i didnt take my kit down to london as we were just going for a visit ( not to work ) and i went and got a screwfix own brand jigsaw, very night bit of kit

What you gotta do is, buy a few of these shirts and go to the EUROS with them.

Wear them out, get some west/north Walian as pi$$ed as a Rudy, then propose swapping your shirt for their quality shirt. Simples.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I'm guessing Lidl have managed to find out where Tan's emporium of shite got their stock from.
    Well TH63, you and I have one thing in common in a massive appreciation of the late, great Seve but that is plainly where it stops! When will people stop showing such total dis-respect for Tan? He has repaired his mistakes and continues to pay huge sums of money to keep our great club afloat. Lets let byegones be exactly that and give him the respect he deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dénia Bluebird View Post
    Well TH63, you and I have one thing in common in a massive appreciation of the late, great Seve but that is plainly where it stops! When will people stop showing such total dis-respect for Tan? He has repaired his mistakes and continues to pay huge sums of money to keep our great club afloat. Lets let byegones be exactly that and give him the respect he deserves.
    He sounds a bit needy this Tan feller. Do you reckon he reads this board and gets upset when people make jokey comments about his previous zany behaviour? Sounds like he needs to grow a pair the big girls blouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    He sounds a bit needy this Tan feller. Do you reckon he reads this board and gets upset when people make jokey comments about his previous zany behaviour? Sounds like he needs to grow a pair the big girls blouse.
    Now Barry, whilst I share your opinion when it comes to peas, I have to take issue with your use of "big girls blouse" in a derogatory context.

Girls need to wear blouses or their knockers would be hanging out all over the place for everyone to get a good look at, and big girls are no exception.

In future I think it might be a nice idea to utilise the phrase "unnecessarily over-sized gender-neutral garment".

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Now Barry, whilst I share your opinion when it comes to peas, I have to take issue with your use of "big girls blouse" in a derogatory context.

Girls need to wear blouses or their knockers would be hanging out all over the place for everyone to get a good look at, and big girls are no exception.

In future I think it might be a nice idea to utilise the phrase "unnecessarily over-sized gender-neutral garment".
    Hmmm I'm not sure. Bit of a mouthful that. How about "fat chicks dung hampers"?

Remember the INFERNO pizza?
    Used to GIVE me the SHITS.