+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Croatia

Croatia

Heading out there in September as a change from Portugal as its a special wedding anniversary. Not been there before do any positive thoughts and contributions would be really appreciated.

If you have nothing to say on this topic I'd really prefer you don't contribute.

Thank you in anticipation.

Re: Croatia

Some of Game of Thrones is filmed there.

Just saying, like.

Love!y country. Spent two weeks in Dubrovnik in 2014 and two weeks in Porec in 2007. Loved both holidays.
    Where are you heading?

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Some of Game of Thrones is filmed there.

Just saying, like.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Love!y country. Spent two weeks in Dubrovnik in 2014 and two weeks in Porec in 2007. Loved both holidays.
    Where are you heading?
    Rovinj.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    Rovinj.
    Is a beautiful and stunning island. We did a boat trip there from Porec. The beauty of Croatia is that it has so many stunning islands and Rovinj is definitely one of tbem. Do a few boat trips and explore Croatia.
    You have made a great choice.

Is a beautiful and stunning island. We did a boat trip there from Porec. The beauty of Croatia is that it has so many stunning islands and Rovinj is definitely one of tbem. Do a few boat trips and explore Croatia.
    You have made a great choice.
    Will do and many thanks for your advice but Rovinj isn't actually an island. I think it's on the mainland.

May be wrong and apologies if I am.

My error. You can get to Rovinj by road as well. We went by boat and it was impressive as we approached Rovinj. The cuisine is very Italian orientated and the weather although changeable at times is very decent.
    You can do a trip to Tito's island from Rovinj... It's worth a visit.

My error. You can get to Rovinj by road as well. We went by boat and it was impressive as we approached Rovinj. The cuisine is very Italian orientated and the weather although changeable at times is very decent.
    You can do a trip to Tito's island from Rovinj... It's worth a visit.
    Will do. Cheers mate.

Barry Island isn't an island either.

Hope this helps, buddy.

Rovinj looks stunning.

No no direct experience, but friends of ours went on a Croatian campervan trip recently and they were very enthusiastic about Rovinj and area.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Barry Island isn't an island either.

Hope this helps, buddy.
    Not in the slightest, big fella, but thanks for your efforts.

I love Craotia .
    Sorry predictive text.

I spent 5 months there in 1995 in the port of Split. Summertime was great, winter not so. Food and drink excellent. Cannot give any advice on accommodation. Quite a few friends moved out there permanently. So it can't be all that bad. Was thinking about going bac out that way next year.
    Spedger

Heading out there in September as a change from Portugal as its a special wedding anniversary. Not been there before do any positive thoughts and contributions would be really appreciated.

If you have nothing to say on this topic I'd really prefer you don't contribute.

Croatia is a beautiful country and an excellent holiday destination. We've travelled the whole coast over 2 trips.

Dubrovnik is stunning. Cobbled streets within the town walls and loads of places to eat.

Split is nice but more of a city feel - lots of people about. Best beaches here though

Zadar is quite trendy

Pula is quite good as it has the colloseum and port etc

Some of the islands are beautiful. Mijet is a big national park which you can cycle right round, huge lakes.

Hvar is the party island where Prince Harry and all that go to disco dance.

Wherever you go, try to take a day trip to The Plitvice Lakes which is simply amazing.

Really great country with people who really rely on tourism and therefore know how to treat tourists

I agree with Eastbourne, lovely country with brilliant people and brilliant scenery.

I went a few years ago to Zadar, whilst the people and place is great I found it a bit boring.for my taste, I'm sure the bigger cities have a bit more going on, depends what you are into I suppose but I'd definitely go back.

Just to add you can do a day trip to Venice. Not sure if boats go from Rovinj but they do from Porec which is not far away.The Porec boat left at about 8am and was roughly three hours to Venice. You can then get the boat back in the early evening.

Lovely country. Stayed in Cavtat two years ago. A short boat ride from Dubrovnik.

Dubrovnik is gorgeous, people are great. We hired a motor and drove down to Montenegro which was also lovely, and then drove back via Bosnia (which I didn't like). Was a relief to get back into Croatia.

This is the view from the top of the hill that rises above Dubrovnik, accessible by cable car.

20140719_140453147_iOS_1024.jpg

Not been there but is a Country I have on the Radar for a visit

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Lovely country. Stayed in Cavtat two years ago. A short boat ride from Dubrovnik.

Dubrovnik is gorgeous, people are great. We hired a motor and drove down to Montenegro which was also lovely, and then drove back via Bosnia (which I didn't like). Was a relief to get back into Croatia.

This is the view from the top of the hill that rises above Dubrovnik, accessible by cable car.

20140719_140453147_iOS_1024.jpg
    Dubrovnik is a very classy city. Loved it. We did Montenegro too but not Bosnia. Where Croesy is staying is a long way from Dubrovnik though.

Rovinj.
    Stayed in Rovinj about seven years ago a lovely town views from our hotel were stunning,only down of the holiday was the trip to Venice an over crowded smelly and expensive day out,Croatia though is a beautiful country enjoy

First Team

I would also recommend Pula.
    Stunning area but watch out for the little sea urchins on the stony beaches.
    Little beggars not adverse to leaving a painful reminder of what a poor decision it was not to buy the little plastic beach sandals.

Flying to Dubrovnik next Saturday - from there travelling to Split via boat, and then picking up a car to visit Zadar & Plitvice, ending at Zagreb. Then flying down to Macedonia a week after. First time heading to that part of the world - can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
    Flying to Dubrovnik next Saturday - from there travelling to Split via boat, and then picking up a car to visit Zadar & Plitvice, ending at Zagreb. Then flying down to Macedonia a week after. First time heading to that part of the world - can't wait!
    Sounds like a great trip.

Thanks to nearly everyone for making a sensible, positive contribution to this thread.

Nearly everyone.