+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Plex IPTV/VOD on Roku/NowTV boxes

Plex IPTV/VOD on Roku/NowTV boxes

Seen on Ebay some deals for NowTV boxes with Plex on them that give lifetime access to IPTV/VOD services for £100. Anyone got any experience with this service? Are the HD proper HD channels or are they like the pixelated 'HD' streams you get on Kodi.

Here is a listing - reckons you get the 3PM footyball games too. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLACK-NOW-...YAAOSw9ZdXKYcB

Is it worth it?

Re: Plex IPTV/VOD on Roku/NowTV boxes

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    Seen on Ebay some deals for NowTV boxes with Plex on them that give lifetime access to IPTV/VOD services for £100. Anyone got any experience with this service? Are the HD proper HD channels or are they like the pixelated 'HD' streams you get on Kodi.

Here is a listing - reckons you get the 3PM footyball games too. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLACK-NOW-...YAAOSw9ZdXKYcB

Is it worth it?
    as its just using plex, you can just get a sub from any IPTV provider

of course " lifetime " isnt really going to happen, but i guess if you get 12 months out of it, it'll be worth it over SKY's prices

I have a black novtv box in the cupboard not being used, i might have a play with it this weekend ( and the Nowtv box )

we have 3 white one's here on the go in the girls bedrooms and downstairs for the movies, as 10 quid for nowtv and 17 quid from sky, made sense to go with the nowtv box

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    as its just using plex, you can just get a sub from any IPTV provider

of course " lifetime " isnt really going to happen, but i guess if you get 12 months out of it, it'll be worth it over SKY's prices

I have a black novtv box in the cupboard not being used, i might have a play with it this weekend ( and the Nowtv box )

we have 3 white one's here on the go in the girls bedrooms and downstairs for the movies, as 10 quid for nowtv and 17 quid from sky, made sense to go with the nowtv box
    How much would an IPTV sub cost? The ones I have seen are £20 a month - is there a cheaper way? Can't see it being better than £100 for 12 months? I have got a Roku 3 sat doing nothing so am looking to bring it to life again and get it used in the spare room so a sub would be better I think.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Reported.

http://digiex.net/guides-reviews/gui...nowtv-box.html

plex sideloading for the whites and Steve R

though the white box is too slow for the new plex