+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brexit : Should I Listen To The Loons ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Brexit : Should I Listen To The Loons ?

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Part of this problem incommunicado get with voters.
    How does the fall of BBC and NHS happen if we are not part of Europe ?
    With no Scotland, and following the recent parliamentary boundary changes, tory government after government would be a lot more likely. And given the makeup of the brexit bunch its fairly safe to assume tgat any lurch to the right would put the bbc and the NHS firmly on target.
    As it stands we have a health secretary with links to private medicine who has written a book calling for the NHS to be replaced with an insurance system, and a culture secretary who has described the licence fee as being worse than the poll tax, and the decimation of the bbc as a tantalising prospect and is openly a huge fan of Rupert Murdoch .
    To give them the free pass that brexit inevitably would is kissing goodbye to both institutions

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    With no Scotland, and following the recent parliamentary boundary changes, tory government after government would be a lot more likely. And given the makeup of the brexit bunch its fairly safe to assume tgat any lurch to the right would put the bbc and the NHS firmly on target.
    As it stands we have a health secretary with links to private medicine who has written a book calling for the NHS to be replaced with an insurance system, and a culture secretary who has described the licence fee as being worse than the poll tax, and the decimation of the bbc as a tantalising prospect and is openly a huge fan of Rupert Murdoch .
    To give them the free pass that brexit inevitably would is kissing goodbye to both institutions
    The scots won't be getting another referendum unless the government let's them,you repeating that they will ad nauseam doesn't make it true

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    The scots won't be getting another referendum unless the government let's them,you repeating that they will ad nauseam doesn't make it true
    Why would a Conservative government deny them it?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Why would a Conservative government deny them it?

Did you miss the last referendum?

If there is enough demand for it the uk government would not be able to deny it.
    Imagine the SNP called for a referendum and prime minister Boris said no- but they decided to have one anyway which was voted out by a landslide, what could the Tories do? Send in the troops?

Banned

If there is enough demand for it the uk government would not be able to deny it.
    Imagine the SNP called for a referendum and prime minister Boris said no- but they decided to have one anyway which was voted out by a landslide, what could the Tories do? Send in the troops?

The only word that matters in that post is 'imagine'

The only word that matters in that post is 'imagine'
    Scotland's first minister has already said that if Scotland votes to stay, but is taken out of the EU by England against the will of the Scottish people then they will have another independence referendum.
    As they are the ruling party in Scotland , what could the Tories do to stop them if they do?

Banned

Scotland's first minister has already said that if Scotland votes to stay, but is taken out of the EU by England against the will of the Scottish people then they will have another independence referendum.
    As they are the ruling party in Scotland , what could the Tories do to stop them if they do?

They would wait until the tantrum finished and carry on,more to the point what could the snp do,send the troops in?

They would wait until the tantrum finished and carry on,more to the point what could the snp do,send the troops in?
    The SNP could do nothing. More to the point though why would a Tory government not want to make it easier for themselves to win elections in the future?