+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Brexit : Should I Listen To The Loons ?

Re: Brexit : Should I Listen To The Loons ?

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Part of this problem incommunicado get with voters.
    How does the fall of BBC and NHS happen if we are not part of Europe ?
    With no Scotland, and following the recent parliamentary boundary changes, tory government after government would be a lot more likely. And given the makeup of the brexit bunch its fairly safe to assume tgat any lurch to the right would put the bbc and the NHS firmly on target.
    As it stands we have a health secretary with links to private medicine who has written a book calling for the NHS to be replaced with an insurance system, and a culture secretary who has described the licence fee as being worse than the poll tax, and the decimation of the bbc as a tantalising prospect and is openly a huge fan of Rupert Murdoch .
    To give them the free pass that brexit inevitably would is kissing goodbye to both institutions

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    With no Scotland, and following the recent parliamentary boundary changes, tory government after government would be a lot more likely. And given the makeup of the brexit bunch its fairly safe to assume tgat any lurch to the right would put the bbc and the NHS firmly on target.
    As it stands we have a health secretary with links to private medicine who has written a book calling for the NHS to be replaced with an insurance system, and a culture secretary who has described the licence fee as being worse than the poll tax, and the decimation of the bbc as a tantalising prospect and is openly a huge fan of Rupert Murdoch .
    To give them the free pass that brexit inevitably would is kissing goodbye to both institutions
    You arent allowed to back up a claim with evidence anymore. That is called scaremongering on ccmb these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    You arent allowed to back up a claim with evidence anymore. That is called scaremongering on ccmb these days.
    But isn't that the same for both sides Eric?,
    I'd be interested to read that the NHS, pensions, EURO Army, Jobs, House prices are ring fenced from any Brussels interference, back it up with evidence and I'll shut the f**k up I promise, scaremongering from both sides because the detail from both sides is basically non existent, wouldn't you agree ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I'd be interested to read that the NHS, pensions, EURO Army, Jobs, House prices are ring fenced from any Brussels interference, back it up with evidence and I'll shut the f**k up I promise, scaremongering from both sides because the detail from both sides is basically non existent, wouldn't you agree ?.
    If anyone said that it would be an empty promise anyway. The detail is non-existent because politics has been systematically dumbed down to the point where only headlines matter.

Where EU Funds are allocated within the UK

EU-Funds.jpg

What has the Labour led senedd been doing with this dough?, 1033 euro per head more than a cockney

Well the simplest answer to that is that we, and every other member state has a veto. So if there is any aspect that we dont want Brussels interference in then we can say no thanks to.

I find it amusing that rising house prices is considered a bad thing whilst a drop in house prices is also considered undesirable. In reality, your view may very well depend on whether you are 'a have or a have not'.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Even if the vote is 70/30 for leaving we will still stay in

The number of votes doesn't matter,who's counting them does.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    The scots won't be getting another referendum unless the government let's them,you repeating that they will ad nauseam doesn't make it true

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    The scots won't be getting another referendum unless the government let's them,you repeating that they will ad nauseam doesn't make it true
    Why would a Conservative government deny them it?

Banned

Why would a Conservative government deny them it?

Did you miss the last referendum?

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    A reason to leave one union is because politicians of another union make you vote?
    No, you will not vote for all the politicians in the EU

Did you miss the last referendum?
    No. What is your point?

Banned

No. What is your point?

How many conservatives were campaigning for Scotland to leave the union?

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post

My own thoughts are that, every 5 years I elect someone to represent me in Parliament. There's 650 of the bar stewards and, when it comes to major decisions and a chance to justify their 11% pay rises, generous expense packages and large wages, they put it to the public vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    surely this is a reason to vote Leave

afterall, you will not have the option to vote for a vast % of the EU Politicians
    Not following your logic at all here, sorry. What I am saying is that we have a large number of elected people sitting in Parliament for the next 5 years having only just been put there by the democratic process known as the General Election.

They're the ones who should be making these decisions, not us lot of ill-advised, mis-informed degenerates who think that voting one way solves the one major issue that pisses us off.

Even if I vote leave, every so often the 650 MPs will decide to put another vote-losing option to a referendum just so that they can dodge the electoral mess of putting their own balls on the chopping block.

How many conservatives were campaigning for Scotland to leave the union?
    Not many but I would imagine a few would have been secretly hoping, it practically guarantees a long run of conservative dominance in Westminster. Politicians want to govern.

What I want to know is if leaving the EU is such an obviously disastrous idea, then why are they putting it to a public vote?

Personally I think we'll stay but we'll do well not to underestimate the huge amount of old people who could well decide things seeing as:

1. They're more likely to vote than youngsters.

2. They're crazy old bigots.

Not many but I would imagine a few would have been secretly hoping, it practically guarantees a long run of conservative dominance in Westminster. Politicians want to govern.
    So they didn't campaign for it, but you think they wanted it in secret, and then moan about other people scaremongering.

If there is enough demand for it the uk government would not be able to deny it.
    Imagine the SNP called for a referendum and prime minister Boris said no- but they decided to have one anyway which was voted out by a landslide, what could the Tories do? Send in the troops?

Brussels leak reveals NHS will be ‘KILLED OFF’ if the United Kingdom remains in the EU
    http://europeanpressagency.com/featu...ains-in-the-eu

No surprise: EU army plans KEPT SECRET from British voters until after Brexit referendum (Video)
    http://europeanpressagency.com/polit...ferendum-video

Brussels leak reveals NHS will be ‘KILLED OFF’ if the United Kingdom remains in the EU

No surprise: EU army plans KEPT SECRET from British voters until after Brexit referendum (Video)
    Never heard of this "European Press Agency" but flicking through some of it's articles suggests it promotes a certain "agenda"

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    Never heard of this "European Press Agency" but flicking through some of it's articles suggests it promotes a certain "agenda"

Neither have I CB, just appeared in my news feed, it is promoting an agenda I'm not in any doubt of that but, isn't Cameron promoting his #Project Fear agenda, it's basically down to who you believe and your personal experience of the UK whilst we have been members.

This domain was registered in February this year, almost as if for the sole purpose of pumping out anti-eu propaganda before the referendum.

If TTIP eventually becomes ratified (note 'if' and 'eventually') then it will be because Europe has elected leaders and MEP's who have voted in favour of it. We aren't being frogmarched towards the deal by Europe, we are one of the only countries where the major parties are broadly in favour of it.

Regarding an EU army. The EU doesn't need an army, why would it want an army. I can't work out why this is even a talking point. Drummed up by Moscow and some desperate 'leavers' imo.

Go on then i'll bite
    Were gunna lose all our jobs
    Our house prices are gunna crash
    Our pensions will disappear
    We'll no longer be safe,
    Our currency will crash
    Easy Jet will hike their prices
    We;ll not be allowed to trade with anyone

#project fear
    Just call me Dave
    Worked for the Scottish referendum, no reason to see why it wont work again.