+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Brexit : Should I Listen To The Loons ?

Re: Brexit : Should I Listen To The Loons ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Neither have I CB, just appeared in my news feed, it is promoting an agenda I'm not in any doubt of that but, isn't Cameron promoting his #Project Fear agenda, it's basically down to who you believe and your personal experience of the UK whilst we have been members.
    Rather misleading to call it the "European Press Agency" don't you think?

Cameron is certainly promoting his own belief that we remain in the EU. Whilst it has been rather over-egged I don't think anyone can seriously dismiss the numerous economic projections about the cost of Brexit as "project fear." That's just laziness and a clear sign that the economic argument is lost.

I agree that it's about one's personal experiences of the UK and where we see it in the future.

Neither have I CB, just appeared in my news feed, it is promoting an agenda I'm not in any doubt of that but, isn't Cameron promoting his #Project Fear agenda, it's basically down to who you believe and your personal experience of the UK whilst we have been members.
    What is your personal experience of the UK whilst we have been members?

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Not following your logic at all here, sorry. What I am saying is that we have a large number of elected people sitting in Parliament for the next 5 years having only just been put there by the democratic process known as the General Election.

that is the point i was making we elect them MP's at the General election, they decide ( and vote ) on Law's and Policies

Now if we stay in and the EU gets more and more power ( to decide on our law's and policies ) we havent elected them, will they do what is better for the UK ? ? ?

Brussels leak reveals NHS will be ‘KILLED OFF’ if the United Kingdom remains in the EU
    http://europeanpressagency.com/featu...ains-in-the-eu

No surprise: EU army plans KEPT SECRET from British voters until after Brexit referendum (Video)
    http://europeanpressagency.com/polit...ferendum-video
    I like the commitment in their phraseology. "It appears to confirm".

"It includes a US Proposal" - so, just a proposal, and nothing there to say that the NHS is one of those so-called "Monopolies". I mean, the UK Government has a monopoly on policing, fire fighting, and the military too. Strange how none of these monopolies are under threat.

"But it would still be able to review state-run services in this country. Its duties would include checking that state services do not “distort” the market." - not sure what they base that on but, again, why is the NHS the only service being mentioned?

"One section of the papers makes it clear that the EU and America would seek eventually to end all forms of state intervention in competition with the private sector." - again what bearing does this have on the NHS?

One thing I'd like to mention here, if the US are insisting on a TTIP arrangement with the EU - surely they would insist on something similar when striking a new trade agreement with a UK that has left the EU?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...l-beaming.html - Said Boris Johnson in October 2014.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7030981.html

On the EU Army, Britain has the right to veto such plans. In fact, as your article mentions, they did exactly that 5 years ago.

Don't you think that these articles have an element of "Project Fear" about them?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    If there is enough demand for it the uk government would not be able to deny it.
    Imagine the SNP called for a referendum and prime minister Boris said no- but they decided to have one anyway which was voted out by a landslide, what could the Tories do? Send in the troops?

The only word that matters in that post is 'imagine'

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    The only word that matters in that post is 'imagine'
    Scotland's first minister has already said that if Scotland votes to stay, but is taken out of the EU by England against the will of the Scottish people then they will have another independence referendum.
    As they are the ruling party in Scotland , what could the Tories do to stop them if they do?

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Don't you think that these articles have an element of "Project Fear" about them?
    I do, the thinly veiled point I was making is that, the so called scaremongering isn't a personal scaremongering crusade from myself but just articles I read along with articles from the other side.

Westminster does have to approve any referendum. The SNP cannot just go ahead and have one. However even the right wing Tories would struggle to turn down another referendum given that the Scots people's desires to stay in the EU had been dashed by the English.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    The problem is there are loons on both sides.
    Vote to leave and a world war is on the horizon with house prices dropping 15-20% and absolutely mega thousands of jobs to be lost.
    No factual proof of any of it but it sure scares the voting public, which is their aim..
    i would have thought that would be the best news possible for all you young people on here.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post
    i would have thought that would be the best news possible for all you young people on here.
    Do you know what props our economy up? Read a book ffs

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Scotland's first minister has already said that if Scotland votes to stay, but is taken out of the EU by England against the will of the Scottish people then they will have another independence referendum.
    As they are the ruling party in Scotland , what could the Tories do to stop them if they do?

They would wait until the tantrum finished and carry on,more to the point what could the snp do,send the troops in?

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    So they didn't campaign for it, but you think they wanted it in secret, and then moan about other people scaremongering.
    So I am not allowed to think things now?

Mrs Steve R will presumably be in very soon to defend my right to an opinion.
    Last edited by Eric Cartman; 01-06-16 at 22:42.

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    They would wait until the tantrum finished and carry on,more to the point what could the snp do,send the troops in?
    The SNP could do nothing. More to the point though why would a Tory government not want to make it easier for themselves to win elections in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    So I am not allowed to think things now?

Mrs Steve R will presumably be in very soon to defend my right to an opinion.
    Of course you can think what you like, but whinging about people scaremongering then using your own thoughts as scaremongering is obviously going to be pointed out.

Of course you can think what you like, but whinging about people scaremongering then using your own thoughts as scaremongering is obviously going to be pointed out.
    This thread is full of people who have whinged about scaremongering and then done it themselves, my accusation to nelson was made precisely because he has been crying ' scaremongering' for weeks at anything remotely anti-leave. You have bypassed all of them to have a go at me. You seem to have some sort of problem with me. Not sure why.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    This thread is full of people who have whinged about scaremongering and then done it themselves, my accusation to nelson was made precisely because he has been crying ' scaremongering' for weeks at anything remotely anti-leave. You have bypassed all of them to have a go at me. You seem to have some sort of problem with me. Not sure why.
    I have no problem with you.

I've not read the whole thread but yours seemed to stick out on the latter part that I have read. If it helps I told Nelson he was talking garbage in a thread the other day.

Blog Entries

I have no problem with you.

I've not read the whole thread but yours seemed to stick out on the latter part that I have read. If it helps I told Nelson he was talking garbage in a thread the other day.
    Who haven't you said that to?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Who haven't you said that to?
    Who takes any notice of what he says?, ever

http://yournewswire.com/japanese-lea...-to-hit-world/

Re: Where EU Funds are allocated within the UK

Attachment 394

What has the Labour led senedd been doing with this dough?, 1033 euro per head more than a cockney
    Shocking isn't it. Wales is one of the poorest countries in Europe. Shows what hundreds of years of mistreatment from Westminster can do.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    Shocking isn't it. Wales is one of the poorest countries in Europe. Shows what hundreds of years of mistreatment from Westminster can do.
    Would you keep on pouring money at a rate of a 1000 euro extra per head, into a bunch of politicians that used it to create more wealth for themselves than the people that they are supposed to represent ?

Would you keep on pouring money at a rate of a 1000 euro extra per head, into a bunch of politicians that used it to create more wealth for themselves than the people that they are supposed to represent ?
    I'd hope that the electorate would wake up and see that the politicians are having them on. Unfortunately Wales isn't there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    I'd hope that the electorate would wake up and see that the politicians are having them on. Unfortunately Wales isn't there yet.
    But the FACT remains Tommy is that, Wales has been getting 1000 euro extra per head more than many other parts of the UK but the usual suspects still want to blame Westminster when they should be looking at the performance of Welsh Labour cemented in the senedd for the past 18 years.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Do you know what props our economy up? Read a book ffs
    I've probably read more books than you've had hot baths, but that aside, high property prices are the most divisive factor between the generations at the moment. We old people benefitted from moderate house prices and were able to estimate approx 4 times salary as being affordable for our first property purchase. You'd be looking at 10 times salary at least these days. Although I'm a property owner, I would welcome a downward adjustment in the whole property market. Why? I have 2 sons in their 20s. By the way if you're going to to reply, kindly remember your manners g'boy.

Blog Entries

Who takes any notice of what he says?, ever

http://yournewswire.com/japanese-lea...-to-hit-world/
    I always do