+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gorilla killed in Cincinnati Zoo yesterday after 4-yr-old falls into enclosure

Gorilla killed in Cincinnati Zoo yesterday after 4-yr-old falls into enclosure

http://m.wlwt.com/news/full-video-bo...i-zoo/39781440

People across social media seem to be angry that the gorilla had to be 'put down', and blaming the parents there for leaving their child unattended for a few seconds, but I can't imagine how else that situation could've been resolved (especially in the U.S. where the zoo would've been shut down through law suits if anything serious had happened to the boy).

(Edit: 3 year old, not 4)

Re: Gorilla killed in Cincinnati Zoo yesterday after 4-yr-old falls into enclosure

It IS a shame that the Gorilla was killed.
    Quite how a four year old boy manages to get into a Gorilla enclosure beggars belief, but I'd suggest that both the boy's parents AND the Zoo itself need to ask themselves how this was possible, and share some of the blame here.

Re: Gorilla killed in Cincinnati Zoo yesterday after 4-yr-old falls into enclosure

They had no choice but where the hell were the parents? How on earth did they not know where their three year old was? How was it so easy for a very small child to find his way into an enclosure which housed a wild animal? The zoo and parents at fault. The gorilla paid the price for their negligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post

People across social media seem to be angry that the gorilla had to be 'put down', and blaming the parents there for leaving their child unattended for a few seconds, but I can't imagine how else that situation could've been resolved (especially in the U.S. where the zoo would've been shut down through law suits if anything serious had happened to the boy).

Shoot the people across social media who have worked themselves into a fauxrage/frenzy?

More seriously, there was no time for the zoo et al to sit around tutting at the parents , while a gorilla is potentially likely to maul a child.
    Daft child. daft parents. Daft social media lemmings. Poor Gorilla.

I know it's not a popular opinion but these damn gorillas need to be stopped as soon as possible. It's all well and good being all liberal about welcoming them into our society but in practice we all know that it's not going to work out.

Ask yourself, would you let your sister or daughter date one of these gorillas? No, I didn't think so. It's time to be honest with ourselves and put an end to this primate scourge, before it puts an end to us.

Once the child was in with the Gorilla I don't think there could have been any other outcome other than what happened, it's bank holiday, you could go into almost any pub in Cardiff tonight and find parents too busy having a good time whilst their kids are running amok in the pub unsupervised.
    #Project Fear

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I know it's not a popular opinion but these damn gorillas need to be stopped as soon as possible. It's all well and good being all liberal about welcoming them into our society but in practice we all know that it's not going to work out.

Ask yourself, would you let your sister or daughter date one of these gorillas? No, I didn't think so. It's time to be honest with ourselves and put an end to this primate scourge, before it puts an end to us.
    I think you've over dosed on Planet of the Apes , mon Colonel.

such a shame, I bet i could have tied it up in knots, it would have been looking sheepishly at the ground in no time ( in before Colonel )

On a serious note, the " shooter " had no other options, while a endangered animal should be protected the best it can, a child life will always outweigh that

Blog Entries

Should of knocked him out, I would of knocked him out.

Seriously though, why couldn't they have knocked him out or does it take too long?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    such a shame, I bet i could have tied it up in knots, it would have been looking sheepishly at the ground in no time ( in before Colonel )

On a serious note, the " shooter " had no other options, while a endangered animal should be protected the best it can, a child life will always outweigh that
    Spot on mate, just drop £10K on it and make everyone jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post

Seriously though, why couldn't they have knocked him out

Seriously though, why couldn't they have knocked him out or does it take too long?
    1) it's "noked"

2) yeah, seems like tranquillisers take a few minutes to take effect. During that time the gorilla is probably smashing the child's skull repeatedly against a rock after being shot...

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Spot on mate, just drop £10K on it and make everyone jealous.
    would i then save the 2 k for another day ? ? ?

Blog Entries

1) it's "noked"

2) yeah, seems like tranquillisers take a few minutes to take effect. During that time the gorilla is probably smashing the child's skull repeatedly against a rock after being shot...
    I didn't think it looked right.

My thoughts are with the gorilla's family.
    RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Midget View Post
    My thoughts are with the gorilla's family.
    RIP
    you are growing on me, what a decent thing to say

Tall Midget:
    "My thoughts are with the gorilla's family.
    RIP"

you are growing on me, what a decent thing to say
    Oh Gawd...
    F*cking gorilla got its just desserts - low life!

Tall Midget:
    "My thoughts are with the gorilla's family.
    RIP"

Oh Gawd...
    F*cking gorilla got its just desserts - low life!
    not sure you should go that low to be honest

not sure you should go that low to be honest
    Taking the moral high ground (as always).

I just heard about it as so sad humans should have some sense and brains to not to allow at least their children to go wandering in such a dangerous place, just because of the mistake of one careless human being this poor Gorilla had to pay the price, literally disgusted I'm right now.

Taking the moral high ground (as always).
    just rising about it all

just rising about it all
    Found this comment incomprehensible - until I Google-searched it and found it was used by Mickey Mouse in Steamboat Willie. You really do need to take into consideration the educational deficiencies of the hoi polloi, Pop.

Found this comment incomprehensible - until I Google-searched it and found it was used by Mickey Mouse in Steamboat Willie. You really do need to take into consideration the educational deficiencies of the hoi polloi, Pop.
    LOL

i meant " rising above it all " not sure why it changed it

This was a horrible story, you feel for the gorilla, for the boy and the mother. But the abuse that lady has got is disgusting. Yes you can question how the boy fell through, but the abuse thrown is abominable.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMoon1211 View Post
    I just heard about it as so sad humans should have some sense and brains to not to allow at least their children to go wandering in such a dangerous place, just because of the mistake of one careless human being this poor Gorilla had to pay the price, literally disgusted I'm right now.
    It's a ****ing gorilla.

Get a grip.

10,000 gorillas could be shot and turned into shoes for all I care if it means saving a little kids life.